Was an Innocent Pool Question. . .

JLP

Honestly, I think it's up in the air, depending on how we play. If we don't let Smyth's injury get to us then we should be fine. I think we'll be alright since Foppa practiced with the whole team today, I'm sure that had to be uplifting.

I'll give an edge to us anyway since it's in Denver.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I think it's up in the air, depending on how we play. If we don't let Smyth's injury get to us then we should be fine. I think we'll be alright since Foppa practiced with the whole team today, I'm sure that had to be uplifting.

I'll give an edge to us anyway since it's in Denver.

The Pepsi centre "The Can" will be rowdy. I was at the L.A. game, and the reception for Foote was huge. It'll be exponentially bigger for Forsberg. Forsberg's departure was one of the reasons people stopped coming to games (that and the team sucking of course.) According to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post, in reference to Foppa, "I think he’ll play tomorrow night for sure, against the Canucks. He’s getting really antsy to play, and there’s no reason to think he can’t go out there and play 10-15 minutes, especially against a soft team like Vancouver. (Send me your emails now, Canuck-heads)." -Adrian Dater's blog, March 3, 2008.

The problem we encounter in losing Smyth and Svatos is we lose two of the guys we would be relying on to put a puck past Luongo.

If those two were in the line-up (damn Jack Johnson and that turnbuckle), then our top 6 would be Sakic, Stastny, Smyth, Forsberg, Svatos, Hejduk. That group can just flat score goals.

Now that they're out, the top 6 will be Sakic, Stastny, Forsberg, Hejduk, Brunette, Wolski. Not nearly as commanding, but totally unpredictable because Forsberg is a total unknown right now. We've also got Hlinka and Hensick who can score in theory, but haven't done a whole ton in actual games.

Once again, the question for my beloved Avalanche becomes, can their defense keep as many goals out as the offense puts in. I think Salei and Foote are an improvement, but we still don't have anything nearly equivalent to Pronger and Niedermayer or Lidstrom and Chelios.

Vancouver has a better chance with those two out, because the scoring punch decreases. This game could very well boil down to momentum and goaltenders. I think it will be a good one. I hope it will at least. These teams have too much to lose to not give it 100%. If one team disappoints in this situation, then they probably don't really deserve the playoffs.

centre is spelled c-e-n-t-e-r.

Another awesome bit from Dater's blog: "The Canucks are a fraud, and Dave Nonis was outfoxed by everyone at the deadline, only getting a stiff named Matt Pettinger. They can’t score goals, and Luongo is good, but not invincible. Nonis made a great trade getting Luongo for the gutless, wimpy, fraudulent, awful player named Todd Bertuzzi (Hey Bert, have fun signing your entire life savings over to Steve Moore in a couple years. Oh yes, trust me, it’s coming, “dude”)." -Dater's blog. I love that writer. (No, I don't want to re-open the Steve Moore debate. The quote made me laugh, so I shared it. That's all.)

This post is horribly scattered. Sorry for the incoherence.

The Pepsi centre "The Can" will be rowdy. I was at the L.A. game, and the reception for Foote was huge. It'll be exponentially bigger for Forsberg. Forsberg's departure was one of the reasons people stopped coming to games (that and the team sucking of course.) According to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post, in reference to Foppa, "I think he’ll play tomorrow night for sure, against the Canucks. He’s getting really antsy to play, and there’s no reason to think he can’t go out there and play 10-15 minutes, especially against a soft team like Vancouver. (Send me your emails now, Canuck-heads)." -Adrian Dater's blog, March 3, 2008.

The problem we encounter in losing Smyth and Svatos is we lose two of the guys we would be relying on to put a puck past Luongo.

If those two were in the line-up (damn Jack Johnson and that turnbuckle), then our top 6 would be Sakic, Stastny, Smyth, Forsberg, Svatos, Hejduk. That group can just flat score goals.

Now that they're out, the top 6 will be Sakic, Stastny, Forsberg, Hejduk, Brunette, Wolski. Not nearly as commanding, but totally unpredictable because Forsberg is a total unknown right now. We've also got Hlinka and Hensick who can score in theory, but haven't done a whole ton in actual games.

Once again, the question for my beloved Avalanche becomes, can their defense keep as many goals out as the offense puts in. I think Salei and Foote are an improvement, but we still don't have anything nearly equivalent to Pronger and Niedermayer or Lidstrom and Chelios.

Vancouver has a better chance with those two out, because the scoring punch decreases. This game could very well boil down to momentum and goaltenders. I think it will be a good one. I hope it will at least. These teams have too much to lose to not give it 100%. If one team disappoints in this situation, then they probably don't really deserve the playoffs.

centre is spelled c-e-n-t-e-r.

Another awesome bit from Dater's blog: "The Canucks are a fraud, and Dave Nonis was outfoxed by everyone at the deadline, only getting a stiff named Matt Pettinger. They can’t score goals, and Luongo is good, but not invincible. Nonis made a great trade getting Luongo for the gutless, wimpy, fraudulent, awful player named Todd Bertuzzi (Hey Bert, have fun signing your entire life savings over to Steve Moore in a couple years. Oh yes, trust me, it’s coming, “dude”)." -Dater's blog. I love that writer. (No, I don't want to re-open the Steve Moore debate. The quote made me laugh, so I shared it. That's all.)

This post is horribly scattered. Sorry for the incoherence.

Dater is a complete moron and I'd go as far as saying homer. I've never been a fan reading his stuff and this is no different.

Canucks are soft. :lol: The part I bolded is just plain ridiculous.

The Avs are a divisional rival and after the game vs Chicago, I'm expecting to see a PISSED of Canucks team flying everywhere and gunning heavily on the forecheck. If they don't find that game again, we're done but I'm holding out hope for obvious reasons.

At least Morrison's back next week.

Dater is a complete moron and I'd go as far as saying homer. I've never been a fan reading his stuff and this is no different.

Canucks are soft. :lol: The part I bolded is just plain ridiculous.

The Avs are a divisional rival and after the game vs Chicago, I'm expecting to see a PISSED of Canucks team flying everywhere and gunning heavily on the forecheck. If they don't find that game again, we're done but I'm holding out hope for obvious reasons.

At least Morrison's back next week.

It'll be a good game.

Forsberg prediction: 16:22, 0 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIM (whether he plays for the first time against Vancouver tonight or Anaheim on thursday.)

It'll be a good game.

Forsberg prediction: 16:22, 0 G, 1 A, +1, 0 PIM (whether he plays for the first time against Vancouver tonight or Anaheim on thursday.)

I hope.

My estimated lineup. Well what I want to see.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Pyatt/Pettinger

Nazzy - Shannon - Raymond

Burrows - Kesler - Isbister

Pyatt/Pettinger - Ritchie/Rypien - Linden

Ohlund-Edler

Mitchell-Salo

Miller - Bieksa

Luongo

It's time they called up Hansen for god sakes.

I don't think there is a land animal alive that can beat Mason Raymond in a foot race! GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY is that guy fast.

Foppa will have a 2 point game and I give the edge to the AVS only due to being at home. Loosing Smyth in a game against a hack team makes me MAD!

I don't think there is a land animal alive that can beat Mason Raymond in a foot race! GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY is that guy fast.

Foppa will have a 2 point game and I give the edge to the AVS only due to being at home. Loosing Smyth in a game against a hack team makes me MAD!

:(

Your username compliments you well. I emphasize the insane part. ;)

Sedin Sedin Pyatt

Burrows Kesler Isbister

Naslund Shannon Pettinger

Cowan Linden Rypien

Those are the lines as per Team1040.

######ING ALAIN VIGNEAULT!!!!! YOU DON'T SCRATCH MASON RAYMOND YOU ######ING BASTARD!!!!!!!

:angry::angry::angry:

COWAN OVER RAYMOND? ARE YOU ######ING KIDDING ME?

Sedin Sedin Pyatt

Burrows Kesler Isbister

Naslund Shannon Pettinger

Cowan Linden Rypien

Those are the lines as per Team1040.

######ING ALAIN VIGNEAULT!!!!! YOU DON'T SCRATCH MASON RAYMOND YOU ######ING BASTARD!!!!!!!

COWAN OVER RAYMOND? ARE YOU ######ING KIDDING ME?

I would love to see either the Habs or Avs steal Cowan away from the Canucks, but that is not happening. You are right though, sitting the Human Blur down called MasonRaymond is a mistake. I have not seen a guy that can accelerate faster than him except for MAYBE Pavel Bure. (Whom the Canucks had the pleasure to have played for them)

I would love to see either the Habs or Avs steal Cowan away from the Canucks, but that is not happening. You are right though, sitting the Human Blur down called MasonRaymond is a mistake. I have not seen a guy that can accelerate faster than him except for MAYBE Pavel Bure. (Whom the Canucks had the pleasure to have played for them)

Cowan can be helpful here and there. Just hasn't played like last season which has been a huge letdown in a way. We could really use Raymond's skill and finesse out there right now.

Got to say I'm proud of the boys after the 1st. You can see why Mitchell should be this team's captain.

Only a moron would sit Raymond off a team that already lacked scoring prowess. It's not like Raymond has been playing bad at all lately. One can only imagine how much I'm looking forward to the TOTAL revamp of the Nucks forward group this summer. A SOLID draft pick in a DEEP draft could really help us as well.

The Good:

Kevin Bieksa is slowly starting to find his game.

Pettinger is settling in nicely.

Salo looked awesome tonight.

Shannon is making a strong case of why he should be kept around.

Luongo. Nuff said.

The Bad:

Scratching Raymond.

Everyone else.

The Ugly:

Markus Naslund - I don't care who you are. You get paid 6 freaking million, you better do something at some point. It's amazing, he could have tied it right there at the end but he didn't so here he is. :rolleyes:

This is NOT the same team I watched earlier this season. They've lost all their confidence and it's going to be hell to try and find themselves now.

If my calculations are correct, assuming the cap goes to 54 mill and Nonis wants to keep the usual 2 mill cap space left open and wants two spare players on the roster, the Canucks should have almost 15 mill to fill 5 forward slots. 1st line RW, 2nd line C, 2nd line RW, 4th line C, and 4th line RW. Get r done Nonis. Please don't let this fanbase down again. :puke:

I'll just pick a team to follow down the stretch and in the playoffs. This is my last post of the Canucks on theses boards this season. I know I've probably bothered a lot of you with my ranting, cluttering etc all over the boards and I apologize and assure all of you it ends here.

Good night.

:lol:

About the kind of response I was expecting after I saw we beat the Canucks. With the Knuckleheads now officially out of a playoff spot, I don't see them climbing back in unless one of their offensive players wakes up.

I agree with you on Dater too, he's not a borderline homer, he just is a homer. He has no journalistic integrity, it feels like I'm reading some 18 year old's blog on the Avs when I read his stuff.

:lol:

About the kind of response I was expecting after I saw we beat the Canucks. With the Knuckleheads now officially out of a playoff spot, I don't see them climbing back in unless one of their offensive players wakes up.

I agree with you on Dater too, he's not a borderline homer, he just is a homer. He has no journalistic integrity, it feels like I'm reading some 18 year old's blog on the Avs when I read his stuff.

Pretty much.

On the Canucks, like I've stated I'm not even going to bother. If you were to see TSN, just another reason why our chances are slim.

Yeah, I saw that.

Would he still be considered your best d-man? Or would it be Bieksa/Mitchell?

Looks like I'm breaking my promise here. :lol:

I have no idea who our #1 is. Probably a tie between Mitchell and Ohlund right now. Bieksa was our minute leader last year but he hasn't fully recovered yet. Edler plays a TON this year. To me Ohlund this season hasn't been the Ohlund I remember. I'm sure there's more to it than just these bone chips. If he's out indefinately, I expect Mitchell to follow suit but knowing the type of guy he is, he'll fight right until the bitter end. Good time for Bourdon to shine.

I want a top 5 pick though. :o

Looks like I'm breaking my promise here. :lol:

I have no idea who our #1 is. Probably a tie between Mitchell and Ohlund right now. Bieksa was our minute leader last year but he hasn't fully recovered yet. Edler plays a TON this year. To me Ohlund this season hasn't been the Ohlund I remember. I'm sure there's more to it than just these bone chips. If he's out indefinately, I expect Mitchell to follow suit but knowing the type of guy he is, he'll fight right until the bitter end. Good time for Bourdon to shine.

I want a top 5 pick though. :o

yeah i just found out about this guy, he would look awesome in a Habs jersey...

yeah i just found out about this guy, he would look awesome in a Habs jersey...

I remember (almost) everyone telling me how weak this team's defence was and I was dumbfounded. :lol:

Willie Mitchell

Mattias Ohlund

Kevin Bieksa

Sami Salo

Alex Edler

Luc Bourdon

Lukas Krajicek

Aaron Miller

Mike Weaver

Nathan McIver

That's 10 guys who can hold their own in the NHL for us. ^_^

Shit, I forgot the team brought back Baumgartner. :lol:

You might be stretching it with those last 2 but 8 is still impressive.

Mike Weaver lately has been solid IMO. He holds his own quite nicely and doesn't make any stupid plays most of the time to be safe anyways. McIver when called up provides a lot of toughness and holds his own in a reduced role. Solid #6 guy. This is the main reason we've had so many injuries to the back end and are still above .500. ;)

Technically you're a game below .500

NHL is just stupid and rewards losers.

Still. With that offense.... Nazzy played the 3rd least amount of minutes in that game vs Nashville. Was a minus 2 with three giveaways. We won 6-2. Do you see what I'm saying.... :puke:

Heeeyyy, I just read Pierre Lebrun's article and he said Smyth should be back soon. Quenneville doesn't think he'll be out for long either.

wooooo!

By the way Stealth, did see you Aucoin's 2 major mistakes in the span of 5 seconds last night? I was watching the game on sportsnet with my dad, we both lol'd.

Heeeyyy, I just read Pierre Lebrun's article and he said Smyth should be back soon. Quenneville doesn't think he'll be out for long either.

wooooo!

By the way Stealth, did see you Aucoin's 2 major mistakes in the span of 5 seconds last night? I was watching the game on sportsnet with my dad, we both lol'd.

Yep. That game was the worst possible outcome for us. :P

Great news! Ohlund Kesler and Bieksa are all cleared to play. The latter two had little incidents needing to be checked but I'm glad they'll be alright. The best news is Ohlund. ^_^