Was an Innocent Pool Question. . .

JLP

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 3-1 victory over the Dallas Stars gives us 6 straight wins and a tie for the NW division lead!

Woohoo!

Oh yeah, Forsberg got his first point as an Av, an assist on Scott Hannan's goal to tie the game at 1.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you Fanpuck, do you believe the crap the Columbus papers have been spewing about Foote or honestly think he said that stuff?

I find it pretty hard to believe he'd be that much of a jackass.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask you Fanpuck, do you believe the crap the Columbus papers have been spewing about Foote or honestly think he said that stuff?

He's a jackass deep down. :D

Poor Columbus. Hopefully they'll make the playoffs soon enough. Obviously not at Vancouver's expense. They've got a great group of young players but they need to trade Brule to Vancouver. ;)

Here's to a healthy stretch drive. :clap:

I don't know if he went as far as threatening to be a bad teammate, but the situation definitely stinks.

He said he was unwilling to stay with uncertainty about whether or not he was in the teams future plans. Hello, the team tried to negotiate with you, you were in their plans. It was you who refused to budge from your initial demands, that were too high for a player on the backend of a career. He's clearly not what he used to be. Also, he is still without a contract next year, so things are just as uncertain for his family.

He says he didn't demand a trade, but every news source says he did. Did every news outlet get the story wrong? Plus, his comment about uncertainty definitely sounds like a veiled trade demand. And how else can you explain a team fighting for a playoff spot trading a big-minute player to a direct competitor? I can only hope Scott Howson isn't dumb enough to do such a thing without being under duress.

Why was there a private jet ready to take him out to Calgary? Did one just happen to be available to fly at a moment's notice? Considering he was our captain and supposed team leader, you would think he would take some time to say goodbye to his teammates. And if he were so shocked, why was he ready to travel and in a state of mind to play 18 minutes less than 8 hours after the trade?

There's no doubt in my mind that he demanded a trade and wanted out.

I just noticed Colorado has a better GA then Calgary or Minnesota.

Thats amazing.

Dallas sucks. Richards sucks.

^_^

NHL is just stupid and rewards losers.

Agreed, bring back the tie! At least with ties the point means something.

Hell, technically a team could only win 18 games and lose the other 64 and still get 100 points. I realize the chances of that happening are minuscule, but just the fact that it is an option is asinine. It pisses me off so much when they talk about Ken Hitchcock being above .500 with the Jackets, despite the fact that he really has more losses than wins.

**** the tie, keep the shootout. Just get rid of the point in OT. You win or lose, thats it.

Colorado won more games then Calgary last year but Calgary makes the playoffs. There is no possible argument where that is considered fair. I'd like to see them just scrap the whole points thing altogether and base standings on winning % like MLB and NBA do.

The shootout has totally demeaned what was once one of the most exciting things in hockey, the penalty shot. Now, much of the excitement is gone because the shootouts happen so often. I will never understand how they can determine the winner of a team game with an individual competition. As Spock would say, it is illogical.

I don't know, I still get really excited about a penalty shot. It's worth an actual goal while the shootout is just trying to figure out a winner. International competition has used the shootout as a deciding factor for years so I still don't understand the outcry against the shootout. Ties suck (and I don't care what people say, ties suck. The saying "A tie is like kissing your sister" didn't just appear out of nowhere for a reason)and you can't keep playing till you have a winner in the regular season. Only option left is the shootout and I love watching it.

I don't know, I still get really excited about a penalty shot. It's worth an actual goal while the shootout is just trying to figure out a winner. International competition has used the shootout as a deciding factor for years so I still don't understand the outcry against the shootout. Ties suck (and I don't care what people say, ties suck. The saying "A tie is like kissing your sister" didn't just appear out of nowhere for a reason)and you can't keep playing till you have a winner in the regular season. Only option left is the shootout and I love watching it.

Especially when you have a guys like the Avs due. Stastny and Wolski are awesome. Wish the Nucks had some guys like that.

Shootouts determine winners by placing individuals over teams. It is a team sport, therefore the team should determine the winner or loser. I have no problem with ties at all. If ties suck so much, then there should be even more incentive to go for the win.

Shootouts determine winners by placing individuals over teams. It is a team sport, therefore the team should determine the winner or loser. I have no problem with ties at all. If ties suck so much, then there should be even more incentive to go for the win.

They should go to 10 minutes of 3 on 3 hockey for OT. Or even base it on winning % like jets said. Something fairer and smarter in the end.

Big win for us tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

This argument doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You're arbitrarily applying your team/individual reasoning because you don't like the implementation of the shootout.

You're saying that the shootout is bad because it "places individuals over teams." By that theory, then we should not assign goals or assists to specific players, and penalties should be served by the entire team instead of one guy. We should pay everyone the same, and not put names or numbers on the jerseys. Then, we would eliminate any trace of an individual, and it would be all teams all the time.

Although it is, at its a core, a team sport, nobody is devaluing the team by deciding a game in a shootout. If the teams can't decide the game in 65 minutes, then it shouldn't be a problem to allow members of each team to try and do it on their own.

Shootouts and penalty shots have nothing to do with each other. They're the same format, but going to shootouts to decide games has no practical effect on a penalty shot in the middle of a game.

Big win for us tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

Bertuzzi sucks.

Have a nice day.

^_^

This argument doesn't make a whole lot of sense. You're arbitrarily applying your team/individual reasoning because you don't like the implementation of the shootout.

You're saying that the shootout is bad because it "places individuals over teams." By that theory, then we should not assign goals or assists to specific players, and penalties should be served by the entire team instead of one guy. We should pay everyone the same, and not put names or numbers on the jerseys. Then, we would eliminate any trace of an individual, and it would be all teams all the time.

Although it is, at its a core, a team sport, nobody is devaluing the team by deciding a game in a shootout. If the teams can't decide the game in 65 minutes, then it shouldn't be a problem to allow members of each team to try and do it on their own.

Shootouts and penalty shots have nothing to do with each other. They're the same format, but going to shootouts to decide games has no practical effect on a penalty shot in the middle of a game.

Bertuzzi sucks.

Have a nice day.

^_^

Bertuzzi rocks the shit. :B)

Wow, I thought Forsberg would atleast go 10 games without being sidelined. Foote's hip is still sore too, I hope thats not serious. Q was expecting him to play yesterday and again today so I don't think it is but fingers crossed.

Back to back games killed us, winning streak comes to an end.

FFS, Salei and Leopold were injured too.

This is f*cking ridiculous, I'm so sick of these god damn injuries from cheap f*cking players.

Welcome to my world. Thankfully we're almost healthy again but Tootoo took out Miller. :rolleyes:

Hopefully your guys aren't out for long.

Well, I don't see a whole lot of sense in what you're saying either. At first glance, I thought it was something Pierre had posted. Awarding goals and assists and penalties doesn't take anything away from the team. Any team sport has player statistics. Any team sport has players with different salaries, that doesn't mean they aren't part of the same team. I'd say you're arbitrarily applying your reasoning to disagree with me.

Edited by Fanpuck33

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORRISON IS BACK TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Morrison so far looks pretty good.

Any worries on Bieksa not recovering 100% can be put to rest, this guy is back and back to his dominant self.

This next part gives me chills down my spine. Markus Naslund. In this 1st period, depite him not scoring, I saw something I don't think I've really seen for 2 seasons. Handling the puck, flying around and the most important part..... the shiftiness and jump that mad him such a dangerous player. Wait for it, he's playing an off the rush game with Raymond and Pettinger. I'm probably overreacting but there's a difference.... :o

EDIT: Not Shannon but Pettinger.