Game Thread | Habs vs. Sharks | 03/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well... SJ are a team at its peak, one of the best in the league. We're a young up-and-coming team and we held in there. All things considered, it's not too bad.

They are going to get bounced again very early. I will be surprised if they compete with Dallas, Detroit and Anaheim

in a 7 game series.

Off to sleep and go over the 3 brutal goals over and over in my head, night gents

Edited by Wamsley01

Can't win a game when :

Price sucks

Komi sucks

Markov sucks

(every Dmen but Hamrlik and O'Byrne sucked)

Solinski sucks

Refs suck

simple as that.

Get Smolinski out of this team NOW ! he brings nothing game after game and is directly responsible for 1 goal tonight.

Price shit the bed tonight....Halak should start the next game. Terrible effort by Price.

Smolinski should be in the pressbox for the next game....useless.

It's late, but I'm too agitated to sleep right away. ######ING HELL!!!

Ah well... SJ are a team at its peak, one of the best in the league. We're a young up-and-coming team and we held in there. All things considered, it's not too bad.

Realistically, it's only one game. We didn't deserve to win, but it's not the end of the world. We will learn from our mistakes. It'll be interesting to see how Carey rebounds from this.

That was too bad of a game to make him sit and wait.

I disagree...he needs to sit and think about how much it sucks to have the stench of a game like this on him, to motivate him to concentrate and play up to his potential the next time he's given an opportunity to start. He looked lost out there tonight...where his head was at, I really don't know.

And besides that, Halak deserves an opportunity.

Edited by sbhatt

Can't win a game when :

Price sucks

Komi sucks

Markov sucks

(every Dmen but Hamrlik and O'Byrned sucked)

Refs suck

simple as that.

These things happen. Best not to dwell, and it's good to recognize them as aberrants and exceptions rather than the status quo.

He should have been in the butterfly, what is this new half knee BS?

The goal was prices fault, but no he had almost no time to read that and yes.... he was "asleep". He was dragging that leg acrcos with him to follow the play and never expected the shot, not very many goalies would expect that shot, its also a backhand making it near impossible to read. If he had time to read the shot he should've gone into the butterfly, he shouldnt of already been down in the butterfly cause if campbell roofed it it would have been even more embarrassing. The one leg down or the "vh" doesnt fit into Price's normal style but is more of a thing you would see from joseph. He wasnt ready for it, simple as that.

I'm expecting for Halak to start next game?

Who was in goal for us tonight...Price or Aebischeir????

Price is starting to look more and more like Abby the more I watch him...every shot he is down on his knees almost....

And this was mentioned earlier....Its good to be cool in nets...but tonight I think he was asleep in there....No idea why Carbo didn't give Halak the nod to start the 3rd. Halak deserves to start next game.

I think he told the refs what was on all of our minds tonight.

Sounds like Bryan Murray did the same in Anaheim.

Good for him. Glad he didn't *shove* them this time. ;)

Well, Price sucked. He made a few big saves early on, but three weak goals will kill you any day. The one at the end of the second was what really broke us, it canceled our hard-earned tie. He might have been tired, this is the third game in four days for him. I also think his annoyance with the reffing might have cause him to lose his concentration.

The officiating was terrible again tonight, and we came up on the short end this time (unlike Saturday, when we benefitted from many weak calls). How could Marleau not get a penalty for literally diving into Price? No one pushed him into the goalie, he barreled him over.

Although it would have been tough to win with a goalie as rattled and shaky as Price was, our defense sealed the deal. Komisarek and Gorges were pylons on a few rushes, we let them skate around us to go in alone on the goalie like five times, which is ridiculous. And Markov needs to be smarter sometimes, I hope it will come with age and experience. He attempts the stretch pass in all sorts of impossible situations, and at horrible spots in the game, like when we're changing or in the final minutes. He made a few brilliant plays in the offense zone, though.

But all in all we were right in this one. The Koivu line looked dangerous on several occasions, and Higgins had one of his best games in a while. The Plex line was great again, I liked A. Kosty's game tonight. Lapierre has been playing his best hockey over the last few weeks, and it continued tonight. Poor Lats, he's frustrated. But goddamn Smolinski, what a useless fool. He's either invisible or screwing up, like knocking our goalie over.

Our best line was the Grabovski line for the second game in a row. Ryder was strong again, he's actually earning powerplay time but oddly not getting it, and Grabs himself had his best game in the NHL this season.

It was a crappy loss, but none of our rivals gained points from our poor performance. We should put Price back in for the next game and give Halak Saturday.

I disagree...he needs to sit and think about how much it sucks to have the stench of a game like this on him, to motivate him to concentrate and play up to his potential the next time he's given an opportunity to start. He looked lost out there tonight...where his head was at, I really don't know.

And besides that, Halak deserves an opportunity.

Sit and think about a poor performance, that'll be great for his confidence. Better to put him right back in so he can redeem himself. Neither Price nor Huet benefited from the 'win and you're in' system, that's why Huet is gone now, so Price can be our number one goalie who won't be afraid of being benched if he has a bad start. Halak will get one of the weekend games.

Price was terrible, as were Komisarek, Smolinski, Bouillon, Gorges and Markov.

S. Kost only played only 13 minutes that is just insane.

Oh well now Halak will surley get a chance to run with it.

Sit and think about a poor performance, that'll be great for his confidence. Better to put him right back in so he can redeem himself. Neither Price nor Huet benefited from the 'win and you're in' system, that's why Huet is gone now, so Price can be our number one goalie who won't be afraid of being benched if he has a bad start. Halak will get one of the weekend games.

Has anyone benefited from the 'you win and you're in' philosophy? It's absolute garbage, IMO.

Sit and think about a poor performance, that'll be great for his confidence.

If being sit for playing like shit destroys his confidence, then he's not mature enough to be an NHL goaltender....what's that old saying....if you can't take the heat, get your ass out of the kitchen? I'd like to think Carey Price isn't nearly as fragile mentally as you and a few others fear he might be.

Edited by sbhatt

If being sit for playing like shit destroys his confidence, then he's not mature enough to be an NHL goaltender....what's that old saying....if you can't take the heat, get your ass out of the kitchen? I'd like to think Carey Price isn't nearly as fragile mentally as you and a few others fear he might be.

You conveniently deleted the rest of the post.

'Win and you're in' wasn't working before, I don't see why it would now. We gave Price the number one job so he won't be riding the pine after every bad start.

Edited by Neech

You conveniently deleted the rest of the post.

I thought I'd spare everyone having to re-hash every word of your blathering...so I quoted just enough that they'd be able to identify who and what I was replying to.

Beyond that, this isn't the same situation: Halak NEEDS to be battle-tested, should something happen to Price...and time is of the essence. It makes more sense to do it now, rather than pulling Price from the net when he's on a hot streak...don't you think?

Edited by sbhatt