HABS ACQUIRE RADEK BONK!!

puck7x

Originally posted by Ribeiro

Advantages of Bonk: Size

Advantages of Perreault: Face-off, Wrist-shot, Powerplay

Not to mention Perreault actually contributes in the playoffs.

Bonk gets most of his points on the PP, he's excellent at standing in front of the net and getting garbage goals. So you can scratch "powerplay" off your "Advantages of Perreault" list.

For Bonk and a back-up? That's pretty sad, especially considering that Ottawa was desperate for a goalie. Probably even more than Vancouver.

Like Habs77 said, Kirpusoff went for a 2nd. Backup goalies do not have much trade value, thats reality.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perreault was a one-dimensional offensive player with no room on the top lines... and that made him completely useless when all are healthy.

Again, a foolish comment.

He did much better than Ribs during the playoffs, and when he was a Left-wing on 1st line - he ruled. The stats show it. And he's definitely the top powerplay player aside from Zednik.

Perreault boosted his stats on unimportant faceoffs... so obvious.

No, he boosted his stats off of his clutch goals.

Kiprusoff got a 2nd rounder... enough said.

And you're hoping that Garon turns into a Kiprusoff? Then as a Habs fan, I'll feel really ripped off. Even more than that Patrick Roy trade.

Dowd was small and not physical, exactly what we don't need going forward.

He played great during his time with the Habs. Awesome defensive plays, and even some goals. Through the season and playoffs.

That's twice that Dowd has played on an "under-dog" team and went with them to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

You can't be a hockey fan if you didn't recognize his contributions last year.

Bonk gets most of his points on the PP, he's excellent at standing in front of the net and getting garbage goals.

He's garbage in the playoffs

Well I'm sorry you have such a distorted view of the value of some players... but in the end Gainey agrees with my way of thinking, and I think I'll trust his judgement over anyone here since he is the king.

:king:

Originally posted by montreal

Maybe he's just coming off a bad season, but he's scored more then 23 goals, once in his career.

:mad::puke::wall:

More than 23 goals only once, but at least 20 goals 5 times, which unless you count Perrault and Kovalev who are both unlikely to be back, is more than any other Canadien currently under contract (Koivu & Zednik included).

More than 23 goals only once, but at least 20 goals 5 times, which unless you count Perrault and Kovalev who are both unlikely to be back, is more than any other Canadien currently under contract (Koivu & Zednik included).

Yet, according to some weirdos, Perreault is "useless".

Lol, and he was once a leading scorer. Talk about not looking at the stats before typing. :nono:

[Edited on 2004/6/28 by Ribeiro]

Bonk and Perrault are similar offensively, and Bonk brings much needed size. The only thing Perrault has over Bonk is faceoffs. Perrault is not a 3rd line center, and there is no room for him on the first two lines. Bonk is a much more sensible centerman for the 3rd line.

WHen will you guys learn that you can't put down Perreault when Ribeiro is still checking the boards. You can't win because his world has no room for Perreault haters. I think he must be related to Perreault in some way. My only hope is that he follows him to his next NHL team.

Originally posted by jl.roberts

Bonk's 54 Playoff Games

9G // 13A // 22PTS // -13 // 38 PIM // 81 SH //

Perreault's 53 Playoff Games

11G // 9A // 30 PTS // -8 // 16 PIM // 67 SH //

Just for comparison's sake...

11 + 9 = 20

I guess this was a typo, but i hope everyone notes that the stat reads that bonk scores more.

Considering Bonk has had a defensive role for the past couple of years, I'm not sure what kind of point your trying to make. Yanic however, has shown that he can be very offensive when it comes to defense. SO he can win some faceoffs. Too bad he doesn't have the body to stop the opposing centers from getting by him so the Habs can do something with the puck. Sure you can say that Bonk hasn't done anything in the playoffs. But don't just look at Bonk. Look at his whole team. Blame there goalie. Blame their coach. But don't blame bonk, because his whole team hasn't produced in the playoffs. Here's some stats difference that really count when your looking at the Habs lineup when comparing Perreault and Bonk. 4 years older, 4 inches smaller and 35 pounds lighter.

SO he can win some faceoffs.

Uh, he's the best at them. For the past 4 years.

Most everyday fans don't believe face-offs are a big deal, I'm glad that Coaches do though.

k. Look at his whole team. Blame there goalie. Blame their coach. But don't blame bonk, because his whole team hasn't produced in the playoffs

Bonk was one of their stars. He's expected to perform.

Luckily Perreault does for Montreal.

LOL...just shut up...you're acting like an idiot on the Perreault rants.

Perreault did NOT perform well last year at all...he had 31 points in 69 games. LMAO...I'll take Bonk on the Habs every day of the week and twice on Sunday when Perreault is the other option.

Kenikov? Is that you?? When did Perreault begin so damn important to the Habs? Sure I'd love to have the guy on my team...he plays no defense (thus CJ doesn't even trust him to take important defensive zone draws. He might win 'em, but will screw it up afterward). To compare Bonk and Perreault is nutty, whoever made the "Bonk is bigger, and 4 years younger" statement is right.

Bonk >> Perreault. I don't get why that is hard understand.

When did Perreault begin so damn important to the Habs?

Gee, how about when he lead the team in scoring?

This forum has a pretty good amount of Perreault fans, ask them.

Ask HNIC, they seem to be big Pereault supporters.

LOL...just shut up...you're acting like an idiot on the Perreault rants.

As opposed to consistently being an idiot like you? I think I'll trust HNIC's analyst's opinions as opposed to yours.

Where is ch_nl when you need him.

Originally posted by huzer

Kenikov? Is that you?? When did Perreault begin so damn important to the Habs? Sure I'd love to have the guy on my team...he plays no defense (thus CJ doesn't even trust him to take important defensive zone draws. He might win 'em, but will screw it up afterward). To compare Bonk and Perreault is nutty, whoever made the "Bonk is bigger, and 4 years younger" statement is right.

Bonk >> Perreault. I don't get why that is hard understand.

Actually, it wasn't me that started the comparison.

I simply stated the facts, when someone said Perreault was useless to this team.

He has fans here he think the opposite, as well as real analysts who think the same.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

Actually, it wasn't me that started the comparison.

I simply stated the facts, when someone said Perreault was useless to this team.

I never made Bonk/Perreault comparison. Someone had asked a question about Perreault's status with the habs, I said that we were letting him go, and I then said he was useless to the club.

Perreault is a centre, one who isnt strong defensively and needs to play on the top-2 lines. Koivu and Ribeiro are the habs top-2 centres, neither Koivu or Ribeiro should play the wing (or play well on the wing) . Therefore Perreault is useless to the habs. Simple as that. Is Perreault a useless player? Nope... But the Habs do not need him, we have no place for him.

Sure we could keep Perreault around as a LW and have him take faceoffs then switch, but I dont see that happening.

If they make a line of Bonk, Zednik, and Bulis it should be a very good two way line.

That would leave Koivu and perhaps Kovalev to form an offensive combo with perhaps a rookie like Hossa or Higgins rounding it out. Or Nik Sundstrom.

Then you have Ribeiro and Ryder with another newcomer if Sevigny or Perreault are not up to it.

Finally Ward, Begin, Langdon, and any other grinders.

As it looks, Hossa, Higgins and Plekanec should have a good shot at sticking along with Ron Hainsey.

Originally posted by puck7x

Well, on the habs the 3rd line centre usually has a large role and gets more (or the same) icetime as the #1 centre. Thats why playing Bonk as the #3 centre is so important. I am in favour of a balanced lineup and not loading up 2 lines... I feel that the habs are deep enough how to be able to pull it off (assuming we re-sign Kovalev, or replace him with a similar player) . Deep teams who can roll 4 solid lines are good teams!

Anyways... Why are we arguing this? CJ will probably re-arrange his lines 100 times next season.

That's what making me think it's good to have Bonk on 3rd line. It was a nightmare seeing Juneau play around 18 minutes (if not more). He'll have a bigger role with the "3rd" line than on a 2nd line.

First, we can be sure that Bonk won't be worse than Juneau.

Second, assuming Bonk will get a fresh start here it could change the face of this offensively anemic team. Bonk will generate 100X more offense than Juneau. And if you put Bulis with him on 3rd line, that defensive line could create a lot of waves on the opposite zone. I'm glad for Bulis. His place is on the 3rd line. (*sight*) Now he'll have (finally) someone who can follow him when he generates offensive opportunities with his great speed and checking.

Still, I'm sure Julien will try him on 1st line soon or later. And if it works, Bonk could remain there for a long strecht. Julien will do what is better for the team, no doubt.

Originally posted by beckham

If they make a line of Bonk, Zednik, and Bulis it should be a very good two way line.

You will never see Zednik on that line, Zednik is useless without Koivu

:nono: