Grabovski intentionally missing the team flight

Neech

Some articles mentionned that Bob called Kovy and both Kost to know

where the little airhead was and nobody knew.

Tells me one thing, first Bob is with is team for the long strech, no more phoney phone

call from Waddel and Lowe.

This tells what we see on the ice Kovy and both Kost are focused on their game not

on cliques.

Tells that we have a selfish player before we need him. Now we knnow what heis worth.

The other thing is that Carbo doesn't want anything messing with his team chemestry,

i for one have said a lot of comments on Smolinski play on thee ice and is filling useless

BUT the guy is a real pro and can lead by exemple on work ethic, so do all the other veterans

Breezer, Damndenault, Kostopolos, they don't play or d<they don't play well but they are always

ready, are not complaining in medias and don't miss a practice or a flight.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grabovski = New superligue in Russia...

That's exactly right. You don't bench a player who's playing well, regardless of his age. It just pisses him off and makes him think the coach is an idiot. It also makes him want to leave the team. Carbonneau has done a good job this year but he does have this bad habit of not rewarding good play. He did it last year to Halak in the last game against Toronto and it cost us a playoff spot.

Carbo needs to look at the game film a little closer. I can't believe that pooch Smolinski is still playing. If everyone here can see it, why can't he? If you've ever played at any level, how would you feel about not dressing when you've been playing well?

Graboswski has options, and Habs management would be stupid to chase yet another quality player away...

- Jack

Edited by jackp

Ship him to the minors. He's a grown man and he's acting like a baby. You're pissed about sitting? Then talk it over with the coach and give all the more effort in practice so that the coach has no choice but to play you. You don't do crap like this that is detrimental to the team. He's 24 years old, but still has a lot of growing up to do. Montreal is in the hunt for the top seed, they don't need guys who still need to grow up. Send him back to Hamilton and make sure the message is clear - grow up or go home.

Ship him to the minors. He's a grown man and he's acting like a baby. You're pissed about sitting? Then talk it over with the coach and give all the more effort in practice so that the coach has no choice but to play you. You don't do crap like this that is detrimental to the team. He's 24 years old, but still has a lot of growing up to do. Montreal is in the hunt for the top seed, they don't need guys who still need to grow up. Send him back to Hamilton and make sure the message is clear - grow up or go home.

Agreed, call up chips, he has more heart and soul than half the team!

Send a message to Grabs, and give Chips the needed confidence.

Yeah, well, if I understand my French correctly (RDS), he wants to play, *even if it means sending him down to Hamilton*. Sounds like he's going back to Russia next year. And if you think it's okay to keep losing our young players like this, then you should think again. First Perezhogin, and now him. You can't keep losing young guys who are able to play in the NHL...

- Jack

Yeah, well, if I understand my French correctly (RDS), he wants to play, *even if it means sending him down to Hamilton*. Sounds like he's going back to Russia next year. And if you think it's okay to keep losing our young players like this, then you should think again. First Perezhogin, and now him. You can't keep losing young guys who are able to play in the NHL...

- Jack

Is that why we're sitting in first place? If we were losing young stars because of it, then I might be worried. Forgive me if I don't cry about losing a 3rd liner in Perezhogin or an unproven rookie who doesn't know his place.

One thing about this organization: it values character as much as talent and is not scared to tell airheads to go piss up a rope. Yes, it costs us, but that's the thing about being the league's best developmental organization - there's always more young talent coming down the pike.

Yes, Grabovski acted like a prima dona, which he hasn't earned the right to do. At the same time, Carbo was wrong, just as he was wrong at certain points last season; and - contrary to the tone of some posters in this thread - it would certainly be an error to take this one event as *final and absolute proof* of Grabs' character. He is a kid, for pete's sake. I say, close the book on the incident and move forward. If he truly wants to be an NHLer, then he will ultimately pay his dues, and I hope Guy and Bob have explained to him that if he keeps delivering he will be rewarded. (Let's remember, at this point, Carbo's notorious 'communication' problem).

If he doesn't truly want to be an NHLer, then he will indeed f*ck off to Russia, and no harm done, since that very action would prove that he lacks the royal jelly.

One thing about this organization: it values character as much as talent and is not scared to tell airheads to go piss up a rope. Yes, it costs us, but that's the thing about being the league's best developmental organization - there's always more young talent coming down the pike.

Yes, Grabovski acted like a prima dona, which he hasn't earned the right to do. At the same time, Carbo was wrong, just as he was wrong at certain points last season; and - contrary to the tone of some posters in this thread - it would certainly be an error to take this one event as *final and absolute proof* of Grabs' character. He is a kid, for pete's sake. I say, close the book on the incident and move forward. If he truly wants to be an NHLer, then he will ultimately pay his dues, and I hope Guy and Bob have explained to him that if he keeps delivering he will be rewarded. (Let's remember, at this point, Carbo's notorious 'communication' problem).

If he doesn't truly want to be an NHLer, then he will indeed f*ck off to Russia, and no harm done, since that very action would prove that he lacks the royal jelly.

Also a fantastic post.

I agree. I hope this incident hasn't caused deep wounds (it doesn't look like it), and that Grabovski stays with us and plays well in his next opportunities. He gave us a dangerous fourth line with Ryder and Streit a few games ago.

I never really liked Grabovski. I'll admit, the Kid can skate, but he's too light. i thkn he weighs 160 pounds with his equipment on! He gets pucshed off the puck too easily. Maybe in 2 or 3 years when he can add some muscle he'll be much better, but with this cry baby reaction...I say trade him this summer!

I never really liked Grabovski. I'll admit, the Kid can skate, but he's too light. i thkn he weighs 160 pounds with his equipment on! He gets pucshed off the puck too easily. Maybe in 2 or 3 years when he can add some muscle he'll be much better, but with this cry baby reaction...I say trade him this summer!

Yeah he needs to distribute the puck quicker when he holds on too much he loses the puck in corners.

On the other hand haw many teams have a centre on their team that can play the transition game the way he does on the 3rd line.

Grabovski is not going to go to Hamilton. He isn't on their clear day roster. So, he will stay with the big club throughout the playoffs.

Sounds like the guy had a panic attack or something. It makes no sense what he did. He must realize that he isn't exactly lighting it up, and also that the team they were playing was a little tough, and so they might need bigger bodies. It isn't too hard to figure out.

I think he should sit and thank his lucky stars for the opportunity he has been given, and the faith the organization has shown him by not including him on the Bulldog's clear day roster. When he smartens up and focuses on his task at hand hopefully he'll start producing like he can.

I'm not too fussed about this. He wants to play hockey, he was tearing up the minors and having fun, and all of a sudden he's a healthy scracth in the NHL. He'd rather be a superstar on the farm than a loser with Montreal. I never liked Grabovski and I haven't been expecting him to ever be a star in the NHL. If he wants to leave after the season, I'm fine with that, he has no real use to us IMO - he's just depth: fast and skilled depth, probably a perfect 3rd/fourth liner on a run and gun team.

Most of the posts here are pretty much in line with what the commentators were saying on RDS. I'm sorry, but I find these comments short-sighted.

Read between the lines in today's Gazette article about Grabovski, and you know he's headed back to Russia after this season. His comments can be summed up with, "I'd rather *play* in Hamilton, than be a spectator here," and "I will honor my contract *to the end of the season*" (when it expires).

Carbonneau does not value offensive players. Samsonov, Ribiero, Perezhogin, and now Grabovski. And then you wonder why offensive UFAs like Briere do not want to sign here. This is NOT a good trend. We WILL ultimately pay for this down the road, as players like Kovalev and Koivu get older. As to the disparaging comments... how do you know what these young guys would have turned out to be *had they been given ice time?* (And isn't it ironic to call a youngster who desperately wants to play, a quitter?!)

I would have no argument had these youngsters been playing poorly. But they weren't. And then you get a pooch like Smolinski, giving up the puck, (forget about losing battles on the boards, but) *refusing to even engage in them,* etc. getting all kinds of ice time. Has anyone noticed how our team is playing lately since this pooch has been put back in the lineup? Any line he's on is beyond bad, its terrible.

Gainey keeps drafting good young talent so that Carbonneau can alienate them and throw them away?!!! This makes sense to you? Well, it doesn't to me. Is this happening to other NHL teams? I honestly don't know. But if it isn't, then I think you'd have to agree: we have a serious problem here...

- Jack

Is this one really Carbonneau's fault though? Veteran players who have earned their spot in the lineup have been benched for games at a time: Begin, Kostopoulos, Dandenault, Smolinski, Ryder Brisebois. Rookies like O'Byrne, Halak and Lapierre (and even Gui and Andrei for a game or two at the start of the season) have also had to sit for long stretches and none of these guys have complained.

Dandenault opened his mouth once, but he atleast is a veteran player who'd been working hard and earned his spot in the first 30 or so games. He didn't like being benched because he was playing his best hockey of, maybe, his career. It is still wrong, but it is understandable for him to be upset.

Grabovski is a rookie, newly called up, he hasn't proven a thing yet, he has not earned the right to be automatically included in the lineup. When he gets benched, he needs to shut up about it, not leave the team and go meet with his agent. About half of our team has been a healthy scratch at some point this season, but they worked hard in practice, waited for the Habs to lose a game, and then jumped into the lineup and held onto their spot.

Besides, it's just a stupid move by Grabovski because if he wanted to get back in the roster, this was the last thing that's gonna do it. We have no need to play Grabovski, if he is going to whine about icetime, Carbo has plenty of other options like Begin, Kostopoulos and Dandenault ALL of which have proven themselves and earned the spot more than Grabs. The Habs did him a favour by calling him up and immediately giving him a roster spot on a winning team, there was no reason to do that, but Carbonneau did.

What exactly was Carbonneau supposed to do? For all we know, he would have been back in the lineup the following game. If every single player on the Habs were whining then maybe we can blame it on Carbo. But everybody is being a team player, except one guy. Carbo has no reason to play him, when there are other guys waiting in line patiently to play next.

Samsonov was his fault, Perezhogin was his fault, Rivet was his fault, maybe even Kovalev was his fault. But Grabovski has put himself in a mess, it would have happened no matter who was coach.

Is this one really Carbonneau's fault though? Veteran players who have earned their spot in the lineup have been benched for games at a time: Begin, Kostopoulos, Dandenault, Smolinski, Ryder Brisebois. Rookies like O'Byrne, Halak and Lapierre (and even Gui and Andrei for a game or two at the start of the season) have also had to sit for long stretches and none of these guys have complained.

Dandenault opened his mouth once, but he atleast is a veteran player who'd been working hard and earned his spot in the first 30 or so games. He didn't like being benched because he was playing his best hockey of, maybe, his career. It is still wrong, but it is understandable for him to be upset.

Grabovski is a rookie, newly called up, he hasn't proven a thing yet, he has not earned the right to be automatically included in the lineup. When he gets benched, he needs to shut up about it, not leave the team and go meet with his agent. About half of our team has been a healthy scratch at some point this season, but they worked hard in practice, waited for the Habs to lose a game, and then jumped into the lineup and held onto their spot.

Besides, it's just a stupid move by Grabovski because if he wanted to get back in the roster, this was the last thing that's gonna do it. We have no need to play Grabovski, if he is going to whine about icetime, Carbo has plenty of other options like Begin, Kostopoulos and Dandenault ALL of which have proven themselves and earned the spot more than Grabs. The Habs did him a favour by calling him up and immediately giving him a roster spot on a winning team, there was no reason to do that, but Carbonneau did.

What exactly was Carbonneau supposed to do? For all we know, he would have been back in the lineup the following game. If every single player on the Habs were whining then maybe we can blame it on Carbo. But everybody is being a team player, except one guy. Carbo has no reason to play him, when there are other guys waiting in line patiently to play next.

Samsonov was his fault, Perezhogin was his fault, Rivet was his fault, maybe even Kovalev was his fault. But Grabovski has put himself in a mess, it would have happened no matter who was coach.

Grabs made a terrible decision. I don't know if I would blame Carbo for Samsonov. Samsonov has to take alot of the heat

for some terrible play. All the others I agree with.

Grabs made a terrible decision. I don't know if I would blame Carbo for Samsonov. Samsonov has to take alot of the heat

for some terrible play. All the others I agree with.

Initially, Carbonneau played it well, but what I didn't like was that Samsonov eventually worked his way back into the lineup and started working very hard. He actually played something similar to what Grabovski's been giving us, and then Carbo benched him again.

That kind of sent the wrong message: work hard and you'll play, he works hard, and then gets benched again. At that point, I started to feel a bit bad for Samsonov, I don't think he ever played another game for us after that.

Initially, Carbonneau played it well, but what I didn't like was that Samsonov eventually worked his way back into the lineup and started working very hard. He actually played something similar to what Grabovski's been giving us, and then Carbo benched him again.

That kind of sent the wrong message: work hard and you'll play, he works hard, and then gets benched again. At that point, I started to feel a bit bad for Samsonov, I don't think he ever played another game for us after that.

I can see that. But I feel he has to take responsibility for burying himself with trade demands, whining about demtions etc.

If Samsonov acted like a professional that would not have happened. Look at Ryder this year, he could have easily

demanded a trade, moped or questioned coaching decisions. He remained professional.

(looks like it`s Carolina)
According to a friend of mine who is a B's fan; Laviolette has identified that Sammy is pathetic at team defence and when he concentrates on it, his offensive game goes in the crapper. So, Laviolette has told him not to worry about backchecking and just be offensive - seems to be working.

As for Grabs, I'll believe he is Russia bound when I see it. Until then we will have to wait to see if fences can be mended. However, he complained at the start of the year and sent a message that it's Montreal or home.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

This cracks me up, what would a season be in Montreal without a soap opera controversy :rolleyes: My opinion is, who cares? He's a rookie fringe player, who cares what he does...if he screwed up, drop him to Hamilton for a year to smarten up. If he doesn't smarten up, cut him loose.

Well, I hope grabs is here to stay. he played another good game tonight in place of plex. and has loads of potential. GO HABS GO!