Game Thread | Habs vs. Ducks | 09/03/08

Cataclaw

damn.. on paper these ducks are an all-star lineup. But I agree, our speed can beat their game. Only one problem with that theory. we played last night and our legs may be slow as the game goes on tonight... this game is a real test for our beloved habs, can they grind it out tonight and take away two points.

GO HABS GO!

Their success depends heavily on what the refs allow. Pronger caused two concussions in the playoffs last year

within 6-7 games and got what? 1-2 games?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The feeling is mutual

But then again, you thought Huet was so much better than Price it warranted a 4 year contract at top dollar.

So I am more than happy to accept that you think I am nuts.

I guess you can't read either.. I never said he was that much better then Price.. I said Price was a rookie and having a vet in the tandem would be worth it. I also said I didn't care about the contract since I was sure that when Price took the top spot, Gainey could get rid of Huet mid-contract. I really like Price, but i am still nervous that we rolled the dice on him so early. Time will tell if it was a good move or not.

You on the other hand don't like Huet, so you crapped on just about every goal he ever let in. I noticed that your view on bad goals has soften considerable lately. :)

Since I love the habs, I really hope you are right about Price being ready. whether Huet could have won us a cup is merely a matter of speculation now, since we will never know. Much like the old "Ribs would never have matured in Monteal argument".

In any case, Price has played well and we better hope he continues to do so. Our team has been a bit spotty with effort this road trip and the shots against are not a sign of a strong defensive team.

Yeah, speed kills these guys, except that they get away with murder most nights. My only worry is someone getting hurt out of this. these guys are cheap shot artists.

So far, the Habs speed looks good. Too bad we are giving them another PP to start the 2nd.

Let's hope it is once again a case of slow starters for Les Canadiens. Hopefully it went to the room with Captain Kirk and Carbo working out the strategy. The message IMO should be to be more aggressive on hitting. No leaving the feet. No cheap hits. Start hitting more. We're doin' OK :)

That was a good road period against the Ducks.

Lets hope Grabs keeps up his play he looks great out there.

Price played well the one goal was frikin fluke central but oh well Price has to find a way to stop that stuf.

Markov is having a good game.

I think Grabs is playing well. He has been given a great opportunity to shine, let's hope he makes great use of it.

Boys are playing a bit loose.. good for the offense, but Price has been hung out a few times.. fortunately he has saved their bacon..

Sheesh.. if the refs are going to call that, we should be on the PP all night...

I guess you can't read either.. I never said he was that much better then Price.. I said Price was a rookie and having a vet in the tandem would be worth it. I also said I didn't care about the contract since I was sure that when Price took the top spot, Gainey could get rid of Huet mid-contract. I really like Price, but i am still nervous that we rolled the dice on him so early. Time will tell if it was a good move or not.

You on the other hand don't like Huet, so you crapped on just about every goal he ever let in. I noticed that your view on bad goals has soften considerable lately. :)

Since I love the habs, I really hope you are right about Price being ready. whether Huet could have won us a cup is merely a matter of speculation now, since we will never know. Much like the old "Ribs would never have matured in Monteal argument".

In any case, Price has played well and we better hope he continues to do so. Our team has been a bit spotty with effort this road trip and the shots against are not a sign of a strong defensive team.

Of course. We should have signed a guy who at best is marginally better for 4-5 years @4-5M per. And we could have traded this goalie

with that salary when they could only get a 2nd rounder when he was going to be a UFA. What am I thinking.

Here we go. 5 on 3.

Edited by Wamsley01

Anaheim should have givin Montreal the puck right away. Bad penalty Komi

I know. I hate when the habs do that.

Price overpursued a couple of those and got lucky

damn.. that was unreal... lets see that again. PRICE STANDS ON HIS HEAD!

GO PRICE GO!

More than half-way in the game and we have just 5 shots on goals?!

again

Halak yesterday, Price today. I said and will repeat it: we're blessed with the best young goalie's tandem since Belfour/Hasek.

More than half-way in the game and we have just 5 shots on goals?!

Halak yesterday, Price today. I said and will repeat it: we're blessed with the best young goalie's tandem since Belfour/Hasek.

It is great isn't it

Of course. We should have signed a guy who at best is marginally better for 4-5 years @4-5M per. And we could have traded this goalie

with that salary when they could only get a 2nd rounder when he was going to be a UFA. What am I thinking.

Here we go. 5 on 3.

We could get more for a signed goalie, or we could do nothing. His salary was not a big deal, unless Gainey did something stupid and paid over $5M.

doesn't matter, your arguement was "huet sucks and is not clutch.. I THINK Price will be clutch, therefore dump Huet". You are entitled to that opinion just like I am entitled to say "I have no idea if either is clutch, let's see how the playoffs go and then decide". Last I remember, even you didn't expect Huet traded at the deadline, especially for a pick.

Its moot now, we have to rally around Price and hope he doesn't get hurt.