Game Thread | Habs vs. Ducks | 09/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that when ever the play stops.. there is a Habs on the ice and a couple of ducks.. skating away?

We are being man handled.. but gently.. if that can actually happen...

i think we have so few shots is because we're always killing penalties!

That and we often fail to turn a "chance" into a shot. I think we have had more chances then the shot clock shows.

Still, the boys have not played well defensively for some time. They are turning into a run and gun team. Fun to watch when the guns are not shooting blanks. :)

Price should negotiate his next contract based on shots against. :)

gotta admit it Smoke contributed to those HUGE penalty kills

Not really.

Being hit with the puck and being able to clear it when it lands at your feet is pretty simple.

Now if he took the puck away or intercepted a pass then you'd have something.

We could get more for a signed goalie, or we could do nothing. His salary was not a big deal, unless Gainey did something stupid and paid over $5M.

doesn't matter, your arguement was "huet sucks and is not clutch.. I THINK Price will be clutch, therefore dump Huet". You are entitled to that opinion just like I am entitled to say "I have no idea if either is clutch, let's see how the playoffs go and then decide". Last I remember, even you didn't expect Huet traded at the deadline, especially for a pick.

Its moot now, we have to rally around Price and hope he doesn't get hurt.

That was never my argument. Go back and read my threads. I said Huet was good, at best marginally better

and you don't pay backup goalie's starter money.

I said he was inconsistent and he had not come up big in the biggest moments (Carolina/Toronto). I said Save percentage is not the

be all and end all of determining factors of a great goalie.

Price is proving so far to be better than Huet with 12 years less experience. The longer he is the starter the more

people will look back and laugh at the fact that these conversations actually happened.

What is the feeling about the Habs should they play these guys? Anybody think they are grossly overmatched?

Edited by Wamsley01

That and we often fail to turn a "chance" into a shot. I think we have had more chances then the shot clock shows.

Still, the boys have not played well defensively for some time. They are turning into a run and gun team. Fun to watch when the guns are not shooting blanks. :)

playing some good defence so far tonight, in my mind. those penalty kills were key

not sure we can afford that kind of money. :)

GO HABS GO!

Not really.

Being hit with the puck and being able to clear it when it lands at your feet is pretty simple.

Now if he took the puck away or intercepted a pass then you'd have something.

he had a huge face off win on the pk to price's right. IMO that's doing your job not just getting hit with a puck and even getting hit with a puck is a result of putting yourself infront of the puck.

Good point. Ignore me

Not at all....

The odd thing is that I don't want to be part of the debate and could care less now that he is gone.....but I read every one of the posts lol

Good point. Ignore me

Okay. :clap:

ignore me too. ^_^

The good ol' Rope-a-Dope Habs tactics...

Let them tire themselves shooting at us... then score on them when they least expect it.

LOL, Carbo is a genius. :)

well that was a complete waste of 2 mins.. and now we are short handed... hrm... not liking this at all... its to near the end of the 2nd..

We didn't do anything wrong so they call that crap to even it up. LMAO

What a joke, the entire league knows the ducks pull this. They should be the most penalized team in the league.