Game Thread | Habs vs. Ducks | 09/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well I don't like losing. but if we had to lose a game then I don't mind losing like this. we hung in there and had nothing go our way. coming off a game last night and in the west. coast. this was not bad in my books. But we need to have a good game on tuesday.

GO HABS GO!

g'night lads.

Keep the faith.

GO HABS GO!

Burke and Carlyle, with the enormous help of Bettman, put the game back to 1974 dark ages, or the stiflingly dull league around 1988. Anything to 'even it out', so essentially mediocre teams can appear a 'success' in 'emerging markets'. Ducks are a disgrace to hockey, imo. Interference, interference, interference...100% of their game plan.

At least 2-2 on the road trip.

But tonite the reffing was a joke. Let the Ducks clutch, grab and interfere, but call the ones on the Habs. Absolutely brutal.

Great effort by Price to keep the boys in this one.

I liked what Grabs brought to the table tonite. Speed, offense and some great passes to Kovy. Kovy had a few chances to give the Habs a 2-1 lead. But not much offense from the other lines. Grabs better stay in the lineup once Pleks returns.

Well, that was really 2 wins on zero good efforts. They should be happy coming home with 4 points givent he way they played on this road trip.

Just remember.. that cheap shot, interferring team got a cup playing that way. Earlier in the season they were constantly penalized, but just like last year, as the season wears on they get called less and less and eventually start winning.

Just remember.. that cheap shot, interferring team got a cup playing that way. Earlier in the season they were constantly penalized, but just like last year, as the season wears on they get called less and less and eventually start winning.

Exactly. Bettman must be loving it, dull, stop-and-go teams are really going to land you that massive US tv contract.

This kind of hockey is insane. Who knows if we are actually as good as they are, on a level playing surface? But the league will protect those clowns, build a 'dynasty' on SoCal if they can.

F them, on to better things.

Before the game against Buffalo last friday, I said if they could go 3-3 in the next 6 games i'd be happy. WEll the boys went 4-2, so it is more than satisfactory. But the way they lost tonight still pisses me off. ######ing Refs. They call nothing against Ducks the whole game and when the Ducks suddenly take a 2 goal lead with 7 minutes to go they make some calls to "even out" the penalties. What a load of Bull shit!

I just hope the Boys will play a full 60 minutes against the Devils on tuesday. It'll be another tough game!

We were outplayed, the refferying was will i say crap, Montreal was dog tired.

The Goods were Price stood on his head to keep this one at one and Montreal had a awesome penalty kill tonight.

BTW that 1st goal by the Ducks was total garbage. That took Montreal out of the game early on.

At least 2-2 on the road trip.

But tonite the reffing was a joke. Let the Ducks clutch, grab and interfere, but call the ones on the Habs. Absolutely brutal.

Great effort by Price to keep the boys in this one.

I liked what Grabs brought to the table tonite. Speed, offense and some great passes to Kovy. Kovy had a few chances to give the Habs a 2-1 lead. But not much offense from the other lines. Grabs better stay in the lineup once Pleks returns.

It is totally consistent with Bettman. He plays hard up front and the game slowly regresses back to what it was.

If Montreal wants to beat the Ducks they are going to have to beat them in the trenches and maintain the finesse game.

The 70s Flyers were unseated by a Canadiens team that outmuscled and outskilled them. When they tried their BS

Robinson spanked the shit out of Dave Schultz and Lafleur skated circles around their goons.

Carbonneau insists that they have the team toughness. We will see if they meet up with them in the playoffs,

because we know the Ducks will bend the rules as far as possible.

You can't rely on the refs. If you do, you become weak little bitches like the Sens last year.

We were outplayed, ...

I'll say... very disappointing game. Some of the team looked scared. I wasn't the only one who saw this. Kirk Muller was interviewed on RDS after the 2nd period, and said that we were showing "too much respect" for the Ducks. Need I translate "too much respect" for you?

While I'm happy with the 4 points, I'm certainly not happy with the way we played on this road trip. If not for stellar goaltending and opportunistic goals, we could easily have lost all 4 games. We need to show a little more intensity and I hate to say this, but a little more "guts!"

- Jack

I'll say... very disappointing game. Some of the team looked scared. I wasn't the only one who saw this. Kirk Muller was interviewed on RDS after the 2nd period, and said that we were showing "too much respect" for the Ducks. Need I translate "too much respect" for you?

While I'm happy with the 4 points, I'm certainly not happy with the way we played on this road trip. If not for stellar goaltending and opportunistic goals, we could easily have lost all 4 games. We need to show a little more intensity and I hate to say this, but a little more "guts!"

- Jack

I was at the game....and I don't think that's what Muller was insinuating.....I didn't see anybody backing down from the physical play.......in fact, that's why a$$hole Niedermayer went after Hammer at the end of the game; he was trying to get even for that one shift when Hammer hit him about 3 or 4 times.

I think fatigue got the best of them tonight: Koivu, Higgins Markov, even Kovy toward the game's end had mailed it in.

You are right that they didn't play their best while out here; I actually thought that their best game was vs SJ (except for Carey).

Sucks to lose, but there are positives to take from this game. Our penalty killing was stellar, Carey was phenomenal, Grabs looked at home on our top line. We were right in the game until the last few minutes, considering all the penalties against us.

Streit was bad, as the announcers said. I don't really know what was happening with him, I hope it was just an off night. And I hope Plex is back for our next game and Grabs will give us some more depth on the bottom lines.

Well it's safe to say 4 points on the road trip was about what everyone expected. However they only outplayed the opponants 1 out of 12 periods. I guess the goalies were the only ones who got the memo about the habs going on a road trip.

Good News:

4 points

Goalies played great.

Bad news:

Outshot in 11 of 12 periods

Out hit 11 out of 12 periods

Played the entire 4 games in there own end

Zero effort

Don't blame the refs last night, the habs were totally dominated. Against playoff type hockey (more physical) this team is going to struggle. The games are getting tougher and i haven't seen much of a playoff effort from the habs. They haven't clinched anything yet.

The need to play significantly better down the stretch, home ice advantage, controlling who they play, the style they play.

Cross country journey again, the Devils will bomb them Tuesday. We'll definitely see in the very near future what kind of team they will be going into the playoffs. They are playing the Sens, Bruins and Buffalo all needing points.

Which team will show up.

Sucks to lose, but there are positives to take from this game. Our penalty killing was stellar, Carey was phenomenal, Grabs looked at home on our top line. We were right in the game until the last few minutes, considering all the penalties against us.

Streit was bad, as the announcers said. I don't really know what was happening with him, I hope it was just an off night. And I hope Plex is back for our next game and Grabs will give us some more depth on the bottom lines.

It was not just Streit that had a hard time last night but at least on this trip Streit helped us win two games

On the 4 games swing.

- Higgins looked like he took Smolinski has a role model to play hockey.

- Bouillon was afraid to hit ?? Injured, tired, bad decison ?

- Lapierre was nowhere no be seen offensively.

- Ryder dragged us down all trip long

Solutions ?

- Ryder off the line up.

- Take Higgins out of Koivu line and replace him with Latendresse for five games at least.

- Play Higgins with Lapierre.

- Brisebois out of the line up dress O'byrne ? flu ? play Dandenault at defense, maybe useful if some defense get hurts to

have Dandenault geared for some defense.

- Bouillon ?? he will play better home and in the East.

When this team gets into trouble it seems to revert back to last year's habits: erratic defensive coverage and wave after wave of stupid penalties. Also an over-reliance on the PP.

I also worry a bit about our newfound reliance on Kovy. How much of our resurgence is really being fuelled by a 34-year-old, notoriously inconsistent player? What if he f*cks off again next season - ?

But one worry at a time.

In any case, that game made a pretty convincing case that we're not Cup-ready, even if you factor in the fatigue element.