Counting chickens II: Playoff expectations!

Which statement most accurately captures your expectations for the postseason?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Choose from these:

• Defence wins championships; weak PK/occasionally spotty coverage/rookie goalie = premature ejection
    • Deadly balanced attack, decent D = look out, losers! We're goin' deep!
    • Price = Roy/Dryden redux = we're goin' deep
    • Savvy vets + youthful talent a la 1986/93 = we're goin' deep
    • Promising bunch with lots to learn = decent showing, not a deep run
    • Coaches and GM will strap 'em up and lead us to glory with world's greatest shutdown line
    • We won't make the playoffs
    • Other

1. I hope I didn't screw up the poll. I'm bad at this.

2. I feel confident enough in our team that I don't think this is tempting fate. If we suddenly careen out of the playoffs, blame me!!

3. #5 is the prudent choice and I expect it will runaway with this poll, but...ya never know. ^_^

I choose #5 because it seemed like the safest bet, but truth be told, anything could happen in the playoffs (assuming we make them *knocks on wood*). We could self-implode, we could explode. Price might stand on his head or be a sieve. As much as I'd love a Cup this year, I would be satisfied to win a round or two, and get the young guys some experience.

Oh, and do better than Ottawa. The silence from the Sens Army would be bliss.

I voted for number 5. I still think the Habs need a little more grit up front to make a deep run. Next year when Price will have more experience, i expect them to go further!

Edited by Habsfan

It won't be goaltending that let's them down in the playoffs. It will be poor effort, soft play and poor defensive zone covrage.

The habs need more grit, size and character to move on.

The good news is that any playoff experience will be good for the rookies, Higgins, pleks, komi and Lapierre.

Price = Roy/Dryden redux = we're goin' deep

I am not going to underestimate this kid til he lets me down

I'm with Wamsley01 on this... I have loads of faith in Price. When the playoffs start we will be a force to deal with and if Price continues to perform when it matters most. We should see another world junior/calder cup performance from this kid. Goalies are a big part of winning in the playoffs and I'll put my cash on PRICE.

GO HABS GO!

It won't be goaltending that let's them down in the playoffs. It will be poor effort, soft play and poor defensive zone covrage.

The habs need more grit, size and character to move on.

The good news is that any playoff experience will be good for the rookies, Higgins, pleks, komi and Lapierre.

Wait, good news? From you?

:P

I voted for number 5. I still think the Habs need a little more grit up front to make a deep run. Next year when Price will have more experience, i expect them to go further!

I'll be happy if we win at LEAST one round. Get 10-12 games of playoff experience for the young guys.

It's next year I expect a parade ( Held on the usual route, as M. Drapeau used to say ).

BTW, off topic, but this is a site I've had trouble finding for a while.

http://www.databasehockey.com/teams/teamsc...MON&yr=1976

Each game score of that monster year. You guys probably already knew of this site, but for anyone who hasn't, enjoy.

43 out of 80 games with at least 5 goals.

8 goals or more 11 times....

Neech, i present the good news as well as the bad. I say who had good nights and who doesn't. I picked them 10th, so i'm the one eating crow right now anyway. As a team they have certainly surprised me. Certain players have disappointed.

I just hope the D zone tightens up soon. 40 shots against every night isn't playoff hockey, that's the old habs.

Wait, would Carbo be able to play for us?

He's technically signed to the Montreal Canadiens ... and he wouldn't have to pass through waivers...

Seriously, I reckon we'd have a chance. We'd have a Cup if Gainey and Muller joined him, no question.

I chose 2. Just look at our scoring stat that when 5 on 5 or if it's the powerplay, when line 1 and 2 score we win. Alot of the reason that there have been line one struggles is due to Koivu. Many have complained. I don't think he deserves it but thems the brakes I guess. One thing is for sure though. KOIVU is a PLAYOFF player who can kick his game up from a regular season David Banner to HULK in the playoffs. If line one becomes deadly...? :clap:

What about Ryder? :ninja: He could all of a sudden get it going, and his recent play of late shows him on a slight upward offensive trend. It takes 7 games. We can account for losses. I think we dropped 4 only once this year. Ryder might just be the luckey ace up our sleeve :king:

Hamrlik, Komisarek and Markov know what to do. Don't be at all surprised. I nailed it on the head last summer with my Kovy hopes. Maybe I'm on to something here too.

After all, it's the Habs and playoffs. The Bell Centre is going to be bananas - way better than the 6-5 comeback agaist the Rag$.

ONE THING AND LAST THING TO SAY: It's the HABS!

:hlogo:

I chose 2. Just look at our scoring stat that when 5 on 5 or if it's the powerplay, when line 1 and 2 score we win. Alot of the reason that there have been line one struggles is due to Koivu. Many have complained. I don't think he deserves it but thems the brakes I guess. One thing is for sure though. KOIVU is a PLAYOFF player who can kick his game up from a regular season David Banner to HULK in the playoffs. If line one becomes deadly...? :clap:

What about Ryder? :ninja: He could all of a sudden get it going, and his recent play of late shows him on a slight upward offensive trend. It takes 7 games. We can account for losses. I think we dropped 4 only once this year. Ryder might just be the luckey ace up our sleeve :king:

Hamrlik, Komisarek and Markov know what to do. Don't be at all surprised. I nailed it on the head last summer with my Kovy hopes. Maybe I'm on to something here too.

After all, it's the Habs and playoffs. The Bell Centre is going to be bananas - way better than the 6-5 comeback agaist the Rag$.

ONE THING AND LAST THING TO SAY: It's the HABS!

:hlogo:

Hey AC when are you going to start the Lions in Winter Thread again :)