Game Thread | Habs vs. Blues | 18/03/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I called it in the 2nd period. The habs lost and they certainly did not deserve to win. Once again, the boys let us down when they could have grabbed first place overall.

Total lack of effort in the first 40 minutes of the game. That's two games in a row where the habs don'T show up for 40 minutes. If they think that's gonna work against the Leaves, Senators, Bruins and Sabres they are mistaken!

With his horrible game tonight, I really hope this is the last we'll see of Smolinski .

Pathetic!

Edited by Habsfan

Well I called it in the 2nd period. The habs lost and they certainly did not deserve to win. Once again, the boys let us down when they could have grabbed first place overall.

Total lack of effort in the first 40 minutes of the game. That's two games in a row where the habs don'T show up for 40 minutes. If they think that's gonna work against the Leaves, Senators, Bruins and Sabres they are mistaken!

With his horrible game tonight, I really hope this is the last we'll see of Smolinski .

Pathetic!

Yeah, they have only played 2-3 really strong games this month

Kind of a good news situation.

This loss doesn't give points to anyone in our conference and we did manage to get one out of the deal. This should make us hungry o beat up on the Broons in both games.

Any word on that dirty SOB Chara?

2nd period killed them. Good 3rd. I won't go so far as to say it was pathetic. The west is very defensive. St. Louis has the 6th best pk in the west and would be the 1st in the east. Good game by the Grabs T!ts line. I'll take the point. St. Louis played well/

Why do we keep losing at home vs bad Western teams (CBJ, now St-Louis)

Because they are young and inconsistent. This team is not polished and don't really understand how to win

night in and night out. They will learn, this is step one.

And Halak's streak at home is over...although I am sure somebody will come up with the Halak has earned

at least a point in every home start reply

Edited by Wamsley01

Somthing I've noticed lately is that our defensemen who play the point on the PP (Markov and Streit) no longer shoot the damn puck. It's about a month now that the D-men on teh point systematically refuse to take a slapshot at the net.

saw that. he's gained a few eh?

LOL, yeah. He has got to be close to 50

Somthing I've noticed lately is that our defensemen who play the point on the PP (Markov and Streit) no longer shoot the damn puck. It's about a month now that the D-men on teh point systematically refuse to take a slapshot at the net.

Yeah, the Blues were just tossing their sticks in the passing lanes to take away the cross ice feeds.

They need to switch it up a bit.

IMO the game could have been won in the shootout...just stupid shootout selections from Carbonneau

Say he had gone with a lineup like this :

Higgins

S. Kostitsyn

Grabovski

I think the extra point could have been taken

LOL, yeah. He has got to be close to 50

Yeah, the Blues were just tossing their sticks in the passing lanes to take away the cross ice feeds.

They need to switch it up a bit.

They had their chances... Those two 2 v 1 where they tried the double pass instead of trying to bury shoots where the had a lot of net. I think Kovalev was one, forget the other. Lots of hart, top corner shots by Kovalev, Markov, A. Kostytsin that missed net. Hell even in the shootout, Koivu had Legacy twisted in a knot and a wide open net, put it on the post. Habs couldn't bury those, Blues played a gutsy, hard forechecking game, blocked passing, and pulled off the extra point.

Ok game, a bit frustrating, bank the point and be psyched for the big bad bruins.

He as 10 points in his last 13 games. Maybe Lil TlTs are better than Big TlTs ;)

Lol, I doubt that....but Sergei is looking better than Andrei lately. They both look good, but the more I see Sergei play, the more I like him. Not only is he a good passer and playmaker, but he actually wins battles on the boards and in the corners!!

Sucks to "lose" but I will take the point..

we'rescrewedwe'rescrewedwe'rescrewedwe'rescrewedwe'rescrewedwe'rescrewedwe'rescrewed

we'rescrewedwe'rescrewedwe'rescrewedwe'rescrewedwe'rescrewedwe'rescrewedwe'rescrewed

What is your deal?

We got one point, that was all we deserved. We've been winning games recently with a mediocre effort, and we have to turn it up a few notches. Two plays that cost us the game: 1. Smolinski botching the clearing attempt on the 5 on 3, the useless bum. We would have killed it if he managed that very simple play, Lapierre would have done it. Plus he's way to slow to be even practicing with this team, let alone be in the starting lineup. I don't want to see him in another game with the Habs. 2. The Blues' second goal, total softie by Halak. It came right after we took the lead, and completely killed our momentum. The rest of the period we were on our heels.

Kovalev did not have a good game, he hasn't been as consistent lately. He was better than Koivu though, who was garbage. Yeah, he scored, but through no work of his own. I do see signs that he's trying though, but he's gotta stop failing.

S. Kostitsyn, now there's a man-crush-worthy player. Right when I saw him get the puck on the wing skating hard into the offensive zone, I knew something good was coming. And he makes that perfect pass to Grabs, who makes a perfect shot. Them with Lats might be a good combination, although young and defensively suspect. They're the 4s: 54, 74, 84. I think lil Kost has a chance to become a better player than Andrei, but Andrei could also improve a lot more.

Anyways, at least we got a point, now it's on to a sweep the Bruins.