Habs pick up Dagenais's option...

puck7x

Damn, lol

<a href="http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=rdw&action=4&SPODIR=canadien&sport=LNHCAN#104020">Click Here!</a>

Le Canadien va dévoiler jeudi sa liste finale des joueurs qui ont reçu des offres qualificatives, mais on peut déjà vous dire que le Tricolore a conservé ses droits sur Mike Ribeiro, Richard Zednik et Sheldon Souray.

Dans le cas de Zednik, les négociations pour un nouveau contrat vont débuter cette semaine.

Par ailleurs, le Canadien a exercé son option sur Pierre Dagenais. L'option est à deux volets, et il touchera 500 000 dollars dans la LNH.

[Edited on 2005-1-11 by puck7x]

Originally posted by habsfan69

Good move it's a 2 way contract is it not?

Yup, its a 2-way contract. I'm just upset that we're going to have to watch Dagenais on the 2nd line for at least a few more games (unless someone beats him out in training camp). Its a great contract for the habs though, we're not paying him much, and its 2-way, so he will make even less if we sent him down.

I don't think that this is a good move from Gainey, yes Dagenais did play well last year but he is not a team player. He does not seem happy playing in Montreal. I think that he shouldn't have been sign but Gainey knows best. Hopefully this move will pay off. Go Habs Go :hlogo:

Love him or hate him, he had great chemistry on Ryder and Riberio's line. He must have done something right to be second on the team for +/-. I just wish he would gain a few more pounds and start to use his size to his advantage.

I think that this is a good move by Gainey. I know that many of you don't like Dags, because he isn't intense and doesn't use the body much, but he scored 14 goals in limited playing time and that's what we need him to do. I'm sure that BG &CJ told Dags that this is his last chance and that he must go to a skating school to improve his mobility. If Dags produces he's on the team if he doesn't, he's in the AHL on a 2-way contract. Cheap insurance IMHO.

This is an excellent move IMO. Dagenais doesnt pass very often but he has the ability that not many people have... that's to score goals. He scores 17 goals in just 50 games which is the highest in the team if you look at the percentage of goals scored compared to the games played. So if you have a 2nd line in which one could score 20 goals, then the other 25 then another person about 26-27(which we couldve scored if he played all the games) then I think that's a pretty damn good line IMO.