Komisarek Out 3 Weeks

brobin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible news.

But I guess it could have been worse. And it wouldn't surprise me if he was back sooner.

Get better quick, Komi!

I think they can get by with Streit for a couple of weeks, but not Brisebois or Dandenault.

Let's hope the team can dig down and replace his minutes for the time being.

This sucks.

I'll be the first to say that Komisarek's loss is O'Byrne's gain.

This is his chance to grab the bull by the horn and solidify his presence for the playoffs.

Call up Valetenko while we're at it...

Oh, and as for Brisebois, as much as I love him, I hope he catches the chicken pox or mono.

Edited by Helmethead

Ouch, that's a major blow. Hopefully we can he'll return top shape during the playoffs. Habs are a completely different team without him. Komi was playing huge and blocking a lot of shots. I hope our D steps up. Good timing that Bégin is coming back. He'll help up with the hitting factor.

Horrible news.

But I guess it could have been worse. And it wouldn't surprise me if he was back sooner.

Get better quick, Komi!

I will be suprised if he plays game 1 of the playoffs.

Komi is one of those guys the team can't afford to lose. Methinks we'll be okay though - O'Byrne should excel with more minutes (and playing with Markov?). Gorges should get a boost in ice time and Streit will be back where he wants to play.

I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Valentenko called up - but to throw him in ahead of Streit and Breezer (as much as we'd like it) just won't happen without given the other capable defenders a chance first.

As promising as Valentenko is, it's not yet the time to call him up. The kid's still learning the N-A game and he wouldnt be an improvement on everybody's favorite scapegoat.

This is Hamrlik & O'Byrne time to step up. The first to shut down guys, the second to provide physicality.

Habs have been lucky with injuries this season, so you knew we were due for something like this. Better it happens now before the playoffs than right in the midst of it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

WE'RE SCREWED!

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

HABS WILL LOSE EVERY GAME AND NOT EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

QUICK, ENTER KOMISAREK INTO THE BILLION-DOLLAR-MAN PROGRAM, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

O'Byrne has to step up

Markov has to step up

Gorges has to step up

Bouillon has to step up

Hamrlik has to step up

Streit has to step up

Breezer has to step up

Really sucks, but now we can see what our team is made off. Playoffs should be the return time for Komi!

Markov - O'Byrne (same kinda player as komi)

Hamrlik - Streit (these two played ok together before as i recall)

Bouillon - Gorges (this line is very ok the last few months, dont seperate that)

Major sh*te, imo. Komi allows so much of the team's attacking play; you can certainly argue he and Kovalev are contenders for team MVP this year. He has improved his mobility and reading of the developing play enormously. No way O'Byrne comes close (and that's from an Irish descendant who wants us to trade for Shanahan and O'Sullivan!) to replacing him - good luck, though. I think it will be very difficult to make the transition, this late, to what Markov will inevitably have to sacrifice form his puck-control game and play more defensively (or Hamrlik - anyway, at least one of them has to do it).

I also think that Komi's tone he sets in games - a guy that tough blocking shots and throwing hits, you probably don't want to f**k with him - allows us against most (not all) teams not to carry a goon and get away with it.

W/o Komi, a possible major downturn in fortune coming. I am really worried about this loss. If Breezer has to come in to spell anyone at all...oh my.

Ouch, that's a major blow. Hopefully we can he'll return top shape during the playoffs. Habs are a completely different team without him. Komi was playing huge and blocking a lot of shots. I hope our D steps up. Good timing that Bégin is coming back. He'll help up with the hitting factor.

for 4-5 games, then he'll be out with an injury again. :unsure:

I'm not so sure this is such a bad thing, in a weird way. It's a test and a learning experience for this team. Things have come pretty easily this year, not much adversity; if we are claiming to be contenders, or close to contenders, then we should be able to ride out one injury to our core. If we go in the tank, that will tell us a lot about what kind of team we have, and will serve as further information for Gainey as he prepares for the summer decisions that will, hopefully, put the final touches on the rebuild and launch us into several years of contending.

O'Byrne has to step up

Markov has to step up

Gorges has to step up

Bouillon has to step up

Hamrlik has to step up

Streit has to step up

Breezer has to step up

Agreed. The forwards can always help in that department as well.

I hope that Carbo realizes that Brezzer isn't good enough to play big minutes. Better to put Streit back on D and let Dandenault or Begin have his spot on the fourth line.

Please, Please, Please don't play the Breez

This team needs to prove they can hold their own without him. Gorges playing with Markov will take some pressure off Markov... it definitely means that the pairing won't have the physical dimension it once had, but Gorges is low maintenance and Markov won't be covering for him like he would O'Byrne.

I expect Hamrlik to get more assignments against bigger opponents, and looking down the stretch, that'll primarily be Sundin. Markov-Gorges might work vs. the big Ottawa line and Buffalo and Boston. Just have to be more creative, I guess.

And the last thing I'd want to do in this situation is throw another rookie into the mix. Valentenko or Carle aren't ready for this type of game. We sink or swim with the 8 D we got.