Game Thread | Habs vs. Senators | 24/03/08

Cataclaw

20 minutes for Gorges, 19 for Bouillion, 17 for Streit, 16 for O'Byrne. Markov and Hamrlik 24 and 22 each.

We really spread the minutes out for the D, and I don't think it was the smartest idea, given the dismal third period.

That is smart coaching. When you have a significant injury on D the temptation is to give all the minutes to the best guys eg Markov, Hamrlik. By keeping it even everyone stays fresher for the playoff run.

BTW, we need to chill. Mtl relaxed--a little-- with a six goal lead and took a pile of penalties. Think the Sens are going to remember that? They are all too busy having nightmares about Emery and Gerber

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

Edited by PMAC

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have the division with this. Stories everywhere about how the Sens are worried about just making the playoffs.

Good thing we had a sh*te 3rd so it won't go to our heads, and Carbo and the boys can remind them of a full-game work ethic.

Playoffs...

Well i was all ready to say that was the best game i have seen out of the habs in a long time and then the third period came. They should be embarrassed with how they left Price out to dry lin the third.

All in all it's a critical 2 points and they locked up the playoffs. So they should be given credit for that.

Habs fans should just enjoy the ride with a team that very few people including myself thought would be this good let alone make a playoff spot.

They could be very dangerous if they play klike the first 2 periods, then again they could get swept right out if they play like the third.

The Habs are very young and doing alot of good things, people should be proud of that.

Well the game was over after the first two periods.

In fact that is when the Candiens started to party, they were passing drinks in the lockerroom.

Not one player showed up in the third period NOT ONE, and honestly I don't care the game WAS OVER that was just 20 minutes where the Sens wanted to WIN THE PERIOD the fact that they scored 4 times does not worry me at all, things like that happen when teams get big leads.

The big mistake that was made was letting off the gas because once a team does that it becomes real hard to put the foot back down.

I think it was a combination of us easing up a bit and Ottawa coming out hard.

You see games like this all teh time (baseball for example) one teams up early and large, and they relax and the other team figures lets try to get a run, then another then another etc.... and soon after they close the gap and make a game of it.

With our record vs the Sens, a win's a win.................. :clap: and we clinched a playoff spot (1st team in the East to do so....) and isn't that the goal? Considering where we were last year

I think it was a combination of us easing up a bit and Ottawa coming out hard.

You see games like this all teh time (baseball for example) one teams up early and large, and they relax and the other team figures lets try to get a run, then another then another etc.... and soon after they close the gap and make a game of it.

With our record vs the Sens, a win's a win.................. :clap: and we clinched a playoff spot (1st team in the East to do so....) and isn't that the goal? Considering where we were last year

Now the next goal is set.

Win the Divison

After that game by game and hopefully round by round they take the playoffs.

Excellent. We beat the Sens very much like they did us last time. We gave them fits with the double team in their zone. The Ottawa puck carrier was relentlessly attacked by not one forechecker, but two. Our D men manned the points to contain the Sens and the result was GOALS :clap:

After the double team produced puck possiesion the centre would return to the circles or the slot while another winger would offer cycling support.

See, we can beat these guys :)

:lol: How quickly fans return to the old ways...and by old, I mean circa 1987 :lol::lol:

Ah the good ol days.

Funny, the NHL network showed an hour recap of the 86 season yesterday.

Patrick Roy at 160 lbs and skin tight equipment. Quite a sight to behold.