Retiring #33

Wamsley01

Retire Patrick Roy's number  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should Patrick Roy's character come into play when retiring his jersey?

• Yes
    • No

I don't really like Red Fisher anymore because he writes this sort of stuff very often. He loves to fantasize about his youth, when he was a semi-celebrity in the hockey world and apparently knew the game very well. Now, he doesn't really show any knowledge about how the game works today, all he does in his Red Line is praise players for doing something tough, praise players fpr doing something classy, bash new elements to the game like the shootout, OTLs and the All-Star game, and then fawn over retired stars. I think he's past his prime, and these comments about Patrick Roy really show it. If you don't feel proud of the intensity Patrick brought to our team, then you may not ever witness a player who does that for you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no doubt in my mind that Roy's number will be retired in 2009. HE deserves it. He was the best goalie to play in the NHL. Brodeur will most likely beat his win record but that doesn't change the fact that Roy played in the 80's and not Brodeur.

I'm gonna do everything I can to get tickets for that retirement ceremony next season!

Edited by Habsfan

Get real. Montreal fans are like elephants when it comes to Roy.

The young kids now, or to whomever haven't been born yet. Will forget. Time heals old wounds. Brett Hull got his number retired in St. Louis after that whole thing blew up. That divorce was ugly. They reconciled and Hull got out there cried for a half an hour and said go blues over and over again. Roy will do the same. In time people will forget how he left, even Montreal.

The young kids now, or to whomever haven't been born yet. Will forget. Time heals old wounds. Brett Hull got his number retired in St. Louis after that whole thing blew up. That divorce was ugly. They reconciled and Hull got out there cried for a half an hour and said go blues over and over again. Roy will do the same. In time people will forget how he left, even Montreal.

I hope you are right. montreal fans are notorious for remembering stupid things. I'm afraid there will be idiots out there who will boo him during the ceremony if the Habs ever do decide to Retire St-Patricks number.

I'm willing to bet that it scares St-Patrick even more than me...which kinda explains why he's never set foot inside the Bell Centre.