Koivu out 4-6 weeks

JMMR

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd accept it as an early April Fool's Day joke.

quick glance at the date....

F**K!

Edited by Shu

First of all, this is terrible. Going all season without anything serious and now.. we have Komi, Cap. K and Streets! out of the battle in sick bay. A good test for this team, tonight and in the last part of this season. Lets see who takes advantage of this and steps it up.

Lastly, when I heard of this on an update on TSN. The first place I choose to check was Habsworld. which goes to show, when you want the facts and updates as it happens... there is only one place to be... HW!

GO HABS GO!

Keep the updates rolling in.. and thanks.

On TSN ice chips...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Saku Koivu and Mark Streit won't play Saturday against the Maple Leafs. Koivu blocked a shot on his first shift but finished the game against the Sabres on Friday. Streit suffered what appreared to be an ankle injury on the same shift. Head coach Guy Carbonneau says both will have x-rays this weekend. Mathieu Dandenault and Patrice Brisebois will suit up in place for Montreal.

The Canadiens did not skate on Saturday morning. - TSN

Jaroslav Halak will get the start against the Maple Leafs on Saturday. - RDS

Defenceman Mike Komisarek is suffering from a hip injury. - Journal de Montreal

Muller played with broken ribs in 93. They both wear number 11. There is nothing to worry about except play-off propaganda. Komi is fine too, in case you guys were wondering. Same with Crosby. Mixed signals will be common practice in the coming weeks and I don't think we will be able to get a straight answer from anyone. Saku's fine. I'd be worried if he went down kicking and screaming McCabe style last night......but he didn't.

UPDATE

Canadiens spokesman Dominick Saillant emails from Toronto that Habs captain Saku Koivu has a foot injury, suffered in Friday's 4-3 overtime victory over the Sabres in Buffalo, and will not play tonight. He will be re-evaluated back in Montreal.

www.habsinsideout.com

Edited by les_glorieux

If this is true it TOTALLY sucks!!!

hope the rest of the team can pull together around this. I know, some people are probably thinking sak hasn't done all that much this year, but we still haven't had to play without him, and a few years ago when we did (aganst Carolina) the results were awful!

Speculation=Sucks like the Canucks!

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

The Habs will be alright either way. They've got a solid team with lots of hungry young players led by the magnificent Alex Kovalev.

I should add that Koivu will hopefully be ok. ;)

Edited by Captain_Stealth

lol remember last year when Kovy wasn't so great. Now he's the best again. love it

?

Yeah that's pretty much how it happened.

About the Koivu situation, I find it doubtful that he would be able to play the rest of the game after an injury that will put him on the sideline for over a month. Hopefully this is just someone talking out of their ass, and the lack of news on RDS is encouraging. It's probably the type of injury that he can play through, especially with 10 days to rest before the playoffs start.

About the Koivu situation, I find it doubtful that he would be able to play the rest of the game after an injury that will put him on the sideline for over a month.

As I already pointed out, such things are not unheard of. I know of a QB who played an entire game with a broken wrist and then missed an entire season. In addition, playing the entire game on the foot surely did not help it.

?

Yeah that's pretty much how it happened.

About the Koivu situation, I find it doubtful that he would be able to play the rest of the game after an injury that will put him on the sideline for over a month. Hopefully this is just someone talking out of their ass, and the lack of news on RDS is encouraging. It's probably the type of injury that he can play through, especially with 10 days to rest before the playoffs start.

While that could be true, Ryan Kesler last season took a puck to the skate in game #1(2nd or 3rd period. think 3rd) vs Dallas last year in the playoffs. He finished the rest of the game which was the 4 OT marathon and it was revealed he'd be out for at least a month after the game.

So who really knows.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

Saku will try to play in the playoffs no matter what they've got those pain shots to ease the pain. I still don't think they'll need him for the first round though.

the negative posts on kovalev last year how he didn't seem like he was trying and such. Grew tired of the negativity, so i stopped posting on the habs forum board in hw. The guy was playing fine he just had bad breaks. I remember the blues game I was 10 rows from the ice. He won that game basically. Things were just clicking. This year, the whole year he's been clicking.

the negative posts on kovalev last year how he didn't seem like he was trying and such. Grew tired of the negativity, so i stopped posting on the habs forum board in hw. The guy was playing fine he just had bad breaks. I remember the blues game I was 10 rows from the ice. He won that game basically. Things were just clicking. This year, the whole year he's been clicking.

what the hell does any of this have to do with this thread.

btw - you never posted consistently in the habs forum.

Saku will try to play in the playoffs no matter what they've got those pain shots to ease the pain. I still don't think they'll need him for the first round though.

Eh, I wouldn't describe Kovalev's play last year as 'fine'. He deserved most of the criticism sent his way; he was much worse last year than Koivu was this year. This year, he deserves almost all of the praise sent his way.