Clinton and TWA Flight 800

Fanpuck33_

I am sure many of you remember the crash of TWA Flight 800 back in 1996. Shortly after takeoff from New York, the plane went down and investigators said that it was the result of mechanical failure.

Now, as more information about the even becomes public, terrorism was very likely responsible. There is evidence that a shoulder-held missle launcher fired at least 1 missile at the plane, hitting a fuselage and sending the craft into the ocean.

But if there is this evidence, why was this not the finding back then? First of all, the Clinton administration ignored existing statutes and gave the FBI power over the National Transportation Safety Board in the management of the investigation. The following discrepancies have been found in the investigation:

-270 inhabitants of the Hamptons reported that they saw a spiral smoke trail of sorts approach the plane shortly before it went down. These people were all told that they had seen an illusion.

-There was evidence of explosive material near the fuselage. This was explained away by saying that it was a result of the plane not being cleaned properly.

-Radar at the time indicated an unidentified object approach the plane shortly before it crashed (the possible missle). This was explained away by saying there was a glitch in the radar.

This is sounding more and more like a cover-up, but whay? Intelligence at the time reported that the crash was likely a terrorist act sponsored by either Iran or Iraq. Clinton, however, did not want to risk fighting against either of these nations, even if it meant protecting the country he was leading.

If this had happened during Bush's presidency, everyone would have been screaming cover-up. But instead, Clinton quietly brushed the incident under the carpet and went about his merry way. Thanks for looking out for us Clinton.

• 3 weeks later...

Where are you getting this from? I never heard about it. It's like you're making it up. Even if it did, does that make what Bush is doing any better? Nope, so frankly what is the purpose of the thread?

And don't tell me FoxNews or from some right-whine wack job.

Where are you getting this from?

I saw it on something like C-Span 2 or something like that. I found it quite interesting. Clinton didn't give a damn about terrorism. People say the Bush admin. knew about Al-Qaeda and did nothing. Clinton knew about them and didn't do anything either. He ever had opportunities to capture Bin Laden, who was already well-known in the terrorist community.

I don't see why you bring Bush up. What does he have to do with Clinton shying away from going after terrorists?

It's like you're making it up.

I like to think I am creative, but I could never dream up a story like this.

Does that make what Bush is doing any better? Nope, so frankly what is the purpose of the thread?

That's why I made it a new thread, since it has nothing to do with Bush. I just found it interesting how the Clinton administration covered this possibilty up. This is just one of a number of facts I have come across over the years. I once saw something about a large number of people who were anti-Clinton and others who had incriminating evidence against him dying in msterious fashions. They seemed to have their facts togehter, but it still seems like a conspiracy theory. But who knows?

And don't tell me FoxNews

I love how liberals constantly bash the one conservative slanted media outlet. Sure, they may not be totally fair and balanced, but 45% of guests are indeed liberals. That is pretty good for a "right wing conspiracy network."

[Edited on 7-21-04 by Fanpuck33]

Now that the 9/11 commission has come out and said their was no link between Iraq and bin Laden, maybe you should comment on that rather then some phantom story about what little Willy did 10 years ago.

Again for this story, don't you think if something like this was true, Fox or some other right-wing nutjob would be all over it?

[Edited on 2004/7/22 by Leafs Suck]

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Again for this story, don't you think if something like this was true, Fox or some other right-wing nutjob would be all over it?

It may very well be true, but all of this information was covered up back then. We may never know if this evidence truly proves that it was a terrorist from Iraq or Iran.

Now that the 9/11 commission has come out and said their was no link between Iraq and bin Laden, maybe you should comment on that rather then some phantom story about what little Willy did 10 years ago.  

This is old news, we all knew there hadn't been any direct help from Saddam to Bin Laden. There was evidence of a good deal of communication, but their belief systems likely overcame their hatred for the US, making it hard to work together. And just because Saddam didn't have anything to do with 9-11 doesn't mean he didn't have his hands in other areas of terror.

Anyway, I don't care if the intellignece about direct help as wrong, although I do not recall Bush stating that Saddam directly had a part in 9-11. I remember him saying that he may have been in line with Bin Laden. But this was over a year ago, so I don't remember for sure. I still think we were right for going into Iraq. Saddam was a vicious leader who often attempted genocide. We know he had WMD for years after the UN told him not to, as he refused to let inspectors in for so long. Even when inspectors were allowed in, the Iraqi regime directed the investigations. The Iraqis broke the UN agreement repeatedly, yet the UN never took action. Then, when the US and Britain went to the UN, Germany, Russia, and France turned their backs on us, not because they though Saddam should remain in power, but because they dislike the American government. Chirac I think can't accept the idea of someone like George W. leading a nation. Being pro-Bush, I wouldn't dream of traveling to France.

I firmly believe the Iraqi people are better off without Saddam. The current terrorism there is still linked to Saddam. These people lived under him and were brainwashed by him for all their lives. It is difficult for them to accept a new situation, so they revert to what they have been taught, to hate westerners. I just hope that the Iraqi jury has the strenght and courage to convict Saddam of the crimes of which we know he is guilty. I hope they are not pressured by terrorists and Saddam supporters to not sentence him to death.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...