Report: Langkow signs 4 year/20 million deal with Flames

Here's the link.

Looks like Huselius go bye bye.

One less forward on the market this summer and I was already expecting it. Poor Nuckies.

I think he over paid. His stats are inflated because he plays next to Iggy.

On another note, talk about bad drafting. The only good players they have drafted in the last 5 years is Phaneuf and Lombardi. But phaneuf was a gimme in that huge draft year. You'd think they'ed draft a C to play with iggy so they wouldn't have to pay 60pts guys like Langkow 5 million a year

On another note, talk about bad drafting. The only good players they have drafted in the last 5 years is Phaneuf and Lombardi. But phaneuf was a gimme in that huge draft year. You'd think they'ed draft a C to play with iggy so they wouldn't have to pay 60pts guys like Langkow 5 million a year

This is why I was absolutey crushed when they stole Backlund from the Nucks in the draft last year. I hope they trade him to Colorado for Tyler Arnason. :D

This is why I was absolutey crushed when they stole Backlund from the Nucks in the draft last year. I hope they trade him to Colorado for Tyler Arnason. :D

If I were suter I would have tried to land Brad Richards. He could have sent Huselius and Irving and a second for Richards and Halpern. I think that deal would have made them a serious contender

If I were suter I would have tried to land Brad Richards. He could have sent Huselius and Irving and a second for Richards and Halpern. I think that deal would have made them a serious contender

Cap. ;)

Cap. ;)

well, i also wouldn't have traded for an overpriced Craig Conroy. And they have some space, Phaneuf's big contract only would have kicked in next year. Same for Reghr

well, i also wouldn't have traded for an overpriced Craig Conroy. And they have some space, Phaneuf's big contract only would have kicked in next year. Same for Reghr

Conroy was great with Iggy on their run so it was a move that made sense. Problem with the Richards thing is his contract runs through next year. They would have had SERIOUS cap problems. I think Sutter was after Jokinen though but the price was too high.

Thats too much money for Langkow I would think. Where is Calgary getting all this money as they cried poverty for the new cap system. Next year are we going to see them sign Hossa too?

Changed your name... It's nyce though. ;)

Nah. Langkow may seem overpaid but he's a solid player.

The ONLY western Canadian team that can afford/has any chance of signing Hossa is Vancouver. :o

a gimmie in a draft year? Are you telling me Ryan Suter and Braydon Coburn were gimmies? Id also like to know why you think Huselius is such a great player??? I bet you think Samsonov is a great player too.

Thats too much money for Langkow I would think. Where is Calgary getting all this money as they cried poverty for the new cap system. Next year are we going to see them sign Hossa too?

How can you say that? The flames had there cup run right before the lockout.. if there is a time to make assloads of cash it would be then.

Clearly the habs fans dont have time to stayup and watch the west, because all your comments seem uneducated.

Changed your name... It's nyce though. ;)

shhhh... It is only a rumour that my name has changed. ^_^ Being a poster in the Habs threads and liking the team since 1968 (Cup Year) I thought it was a good change . Never ever will I lose my faith in the AVS as Sakic RULES!

Lankow is a good solid player, but please $5Mill a year for a 30 goal scorer? Leafs paid what $4-$5Mill a year for Blake and look what it got them........... :lol:

Edited by InsaneHABSfan

shhhh... It is only a rumour that my name has changed. ^_^ Being a poster in the Habs threads and liking the team since 1968 (Cup Year) I thought it was a good change . Never ever will I lose my faith in the AVS as Sakic RULES!

Lankow is a good solid player, but please $5Mill a year for a 30 goal scorer? Leafs paid what $4-$5Mill a year for Blake and look what it got them........... :lol:

Nyce. :lol:

Oh and Langkow brings a lot more to the table than Blake does IMO. From a fan whose 2nd favourite team is Vancouver, I would have been really happy if Nonis threw 5 mill at Langkow. That actually might have been a small discount for the Flames too. ;)

How can you say that? The flames had there cup run right before the lockout.. if there is a time to make assloads of cash it would be then.

Clearly the habs fans dont have time to stayup and watch the west, because all your comments seem uneducated.

Maybe you should try to think before you type. You don't know me, have no credibility on my hockey knowledge and should question your own education. (Your English skills need a better effort) I cannot find assloads and stayup in the dictionary.

You also insulted every Habs fan on a Habs board with your last comment which I find provocative, but not surprising compared to your past posts. This is why I have always ignored you. Your posts are not worth the effort answering as you have no comprehension on formulating a constructive response to others opinions.

One day you may have respect for other forum members; and that day will be a positive influence for new members wanting to post without bullying childish comments like yours.

Now back to my ignore list with you sir! :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Maybe you should try to think before you type. You don't know me, have no credibility on my hockey knowledge and should question your own education. (Your English skills need a better effort) I cannot find assloads and stayup in the dictionary.

You also insulted every Habs fan on a Habs board with your last comment which I find provocative, but not surprising compared to your past posts. This is why I have always ignored you. Your posts are not worth the effort answering as you have no comprehension on formulating a constructive response to others opinions.

One day you may have respect for other forum members; and that day will be a positive influence for new members wanting to post without bullying childish comments like yours.

Now back to my ignore list with you sir! :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Seem pretty defensive about my comments, guess you just realized that I tell it like it is. All your doing is spell checking my last post and whineing about the fact that I proved you wrong. Im sorry you feel insulted that we got to sign 1 of langkow or huselius, its not like we developed them into who they are today. Please be more tolerante, this is the nhl talk forum. If not go cry in your habs forum and close a box around you where you cant see out.. thats what toronto fans have done.

Nyce. :lol:

Oh and Langkow brings a lot more to the table than Blake does IMO. From a fan whose 2nd favourite team is Vancouver, I would have been really happy if Nonis threw 5 mill at Langkow. That actually might have been a small discount for the Flames too. ;)

The problem with Calgary is their fans unreal expectations and are the biggest crybabies on fan boards. They want to sign everybody, however they do not realize they have to have players to compliment their stars. Be glad Vancouver did not get this $5million player as he is less than 1 point a game in his career. (NOt that this is bad) He does get to play on a team with an awesome superstar like Iggy; which inflated his #'s the last three years. Naslund resigning in Vancouver would be a smarter move as you know what you get.

I think Calgary will do well in this playoff year, much to my dismay as Calgary fans are already as obnoxious as Leaf fans. They have a solid goalie, a killer defenseman and a superstar up front. Very SOLID core which any GM would drool over. Problem is, when these guys are not on the ice the team is average. Play Iggy 30 minutes per game and they have a great chance of going very deep. Kipper can steal games but has looked ordinary many times this year. Sutters act looks like it is wearing thin too.

Normally I dismiss the overrated Flames. However this may be the year Calgary can be a threat to Colorado, San Jose or the Ducks(and the rest). It is that core that impresses me. First round match looks like the Sharks so they will be tested.

The problem with Calgary is their fans unreal expectations and are the biggest crybabies on fan boards. They want to sign everybody, however they do not realize they have to have players to compliment their stars. Be glad Vancouver did not get this $5million player as he is less than 1 point a game in his career. (NOt that this is bad) He does get to play on a team with an awesome superstar like Iggy; which inflated his #'s the last three years. Naslund resigning in Vancouver would be a smarter move as you know what you get.

I think Calgary will do well in this playoff year, much to my dismay as Calgary fans are already as obnoxious as Leaf fans. They have a solid goalie, a killer defenseman and a superstar up front. Very SOLID core which any GM would drool over. Problem is, when these guys are not on the ice the team is average. Play Iggy 30 minutes per game and they have a great chance of going very deep. Kipper can steal games but has looked ordinary many times this year. Sutters act looks like it is wearing thin too.

Normally I dismiss the overrated Flames. However this may be the year Calgary can be a threat to Colorado, San Jose or the Ducks(and the rest). It is that core that impresses me. First round match looks like the Sharks so they will be tested.

good post, I agree for the most part. The team hasnt played well this year and to be perfectly honest I miss Sutter behind the bench as that was the last time I felt that the team was heading in the right direction, and since im being honest I think signing Langkow over Huselius was a good idea. When Huselius is playing his best hes quite a shifty make stuff happen kind of guy, but when hes not scoring he turns into a liability. I dont see Any team in the NW better than calgary because there all about the same in terms of ability (just look at the standings :puke:), but I do feel like the Sharks and Ducks have more consistant teams. Keep in mind the division were in is really tight and we have to play the same teams over and over where as detroit just gets to beat up on weaker prey.