The Detroit Red Wings win the 2008 Stanley Cup

The Caps-Flyers game was wild! After the Caps gave up a 2-1 lead and all of a sudden were down 4-2, and then they came back to win it 5-4, man, the atmosphere was nothing short of sensational.

Ovechkin is such an entertaining player to watch. I don't think he had a shot on goal during the first half of the game but he worked hard and had a bunch of good hits. THen he sets up Mike Green for one of Green's two goals in the game, then he scores the gamewinner himself. It was a great play by the Caps: a Washington defender dümps the puck in from centre ice and both teams go for a change. A Flyers defender gets to the puck first, but Niklas Bäckström gets on the forecheck so quickly that the Flyer can't clear the zone. THen the second wave of Caps comes in with Ovechkin and, I think, Gordon. And, like Ugly said, Ovechkin strips the FLyers defender of the puck and puts the game winning goal behind Marty Biron. The Verizon centre just explodes. Amazing.

Also, in the final minute with the Caps defending a one-goal lead, Boudreau puts Ovechkin on the ice. With about 10-15 seconds left Ovie nails Mike Richards with a hard body check and forces him to turn the puck over to a Capital, who then clears the zone and Washington wins the game. I can tell you one thing, if the NHL won't give Ovechkin the Hart, the players sure as hell better give him the Lester B. Pearson.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So happy I'm in Canada, I'd be mad if I was only able to watch 2 playoff games a week. (none of them being canadian teams either)

wrong.

I'm in Indiana and I have watched at least one game every night since the playoffs began. Versus has already shown Senators and Flames. They are showing Habs tonight. Versus is on my standard cable package and every bar I have been to this week has had at least one playoff hockey screen.

I know St. Louis isn't the hockey hotbed that is Bloomington, Indiana - but I call shenanigans on you.

Minnesota and New Jersey both got shafted by bad calls against them at the end of the third period. It didn't cost Minny, though.

Bad call in the Avs-Minny game? What call was that? If you're talking about Johnsson's hooking penalty on Smyth, that was actually the right call.

really? when did versus decide that they actually wanted to show hockey games?

Yeah the playoff games are nice, in the beginning, when its the CBC feed that they'll show. Then once they do their own feed the game feels like any other US broadcast of hockey, which has never been good.

wrong.

the 7pm game is done with versus anouncers. They have been picking up the TSN feed for the late game, IIRC.

really? when did versus decide that they actually wanted to show hockey games?

Being snooty won't make you right.

Tonights game predictions:

Habs 2-0

DET-NASH 1-1

DAL-ANA 2-0

I'd agree but Detroit is just too dangerous. Will Nashville finally win a road playoff game? Let's find out.

I think Anaheim is going to come storming out of the gates tonight. A display like the last one on home ice just doesn't cut it. Especially when you're the defending Stanley Cup Champs.

Gerber made some pretty good saves in breakaways, but he SUCKS so hard ! Did you see the EASY rebound which resulted in the Malone's goal ? yark

Edited by JoeLassister

Gerber made some pretty good saves in breakaways, but he SUCKS so hard ! Did you see the EASY rebound which resulted in the Malon's goal ? yark

I felt bad for him. He looked stuck trying to get over to make the stop.

I hope Ottawa takes the next game.

After a great comeback to tie the game, Anaheim has just faltered in the 3rd period. Now 4-2 Dallas.

Mike Ribeiro is frikking ripping them apart.... :lol:

Looks like Brad Richards really does elevate his play on the playoffs....

I've been watching him closely for more than a year now and I have to say Brendan Morrow is becoming my 2nd fav player after Sakic. One hell of a player and captain. :clap:

I've been watching him closely for more than a year now and I have to say Brendan Morrow is becoming my 2nd fav player after Sakic. One hell of a player and captain. :clap:

well i think everyone knew the guy was going to be good. I remember when he was a rookie.

still smirking over my prediction. Didn't everyone say the Ducks were sc bound again? or was that SJ? can't remember now.

well i think everyone knew the guy was going to be good. I remember when he was a rookie.

still smirking over my prediction. Didn't everyone say the Ducks were sc bound again? or was that SJ? can't remember now.

Morrow was decent yea but I didn't think he'd reach a level like this. It's too bad that he's likely to spend the rest of his career in Dallas. I'd love to see him in Burgundy and Blue but it ain't ever going to happen.

A lot of people predict SJ, Anaheim and Detroit for good reasons of course. However I all along haven't been banking on any of them. It's quite obvious who I want to make it ouf the West anyways. If you can't tell, then shame on you.

;)

Morrow was decent yea but I didn't think he'd reach a level like this. It's too bad that he's likely to spend the rest of his career in Dallas. I'd love to see him in Burgundy and Blue but it ain't ever going to happen.

A lot of people predict SJ, Anaheim and Detroit for good reasons of course. However I all along haven't been banking on any of them. It's quite obvious who I want to make it ouf the West anyways. If you can't tell, then shame on you.

;)

Detroit has been over inflated due to horrible division for a while now

SJ show me when will they finally show up in the playoffs?

Anaheim is proving to the hockey fans that they are full of themselves, don't believe the hype

so who does that lead?

doesn't matter, east is going to win this year.

Detroit has been over inflated due to horrible division for a while now

SJ show me when will they finally show up in the playoffs?

Anaheim is proving to the hockey fans that they are full of themselves, don't believe the hype

so who does that lead?

doesn't matter, east is going to win this year.

:lol:

The West is rough and it's going to be a dog fight all the way to the finals. I've seen some of these Eastern games and don't get me wrong, they can be quite physical too but the western team that makes it will possibly be more worn out. I'll use my biased view and go with the West. Yea, what a weird explanation.

GO AVS GO!!!!!!!!

Edited by Captain_Stealth

GO AVS GO!!!!!!!!

I actually think that Colorado will come out of the west( or at least make it to the semi)

wouldn't it be great to see avs-habs fnal :rolleyes: