I love this forum but!

the info that you guy's get is ALWAYS after every habs board has already posted it , and that is unfortunate. you guys have great writers and a wicked web page but the fact remains the same! I will offer a hyper link to this board plus a scrolling Habsworld banner on my MAIN page if you put my link on your page. Believe me this will benifit your page more than my page by a long shot, I just want to see every habs site thrive in every way! In just over 2 months I have amassed over 500 members with about 1-200 valadating, about 60%are Habs fans! this I know because I have 2 habs sites before this full NHL board that I own and I have about 400 habs members on the 2 other sites. So if Habs world would like to possibly get a ton of new habs members it would be in both of our interests to link with eachother! The bonus for you is that, like I said you will give me a banner so I can have it scroll across my main page and that will give you traffick. If you want to view my site before you make your decision it is located @ www.NHLHotTopics.tk

Thank you for your concideration!

HF69

[Edited on 2005-7-26 by puck7x]

Hi! Good luck with the personal websites you "own". Congrats for the people you "amassed".

However, as you might notice, HabsWorld is a serious team project and we aren't pretending to be anything we're not. You'll never see an HW staff member with a huge HW Banner as his signature on another forum. You'll never see HW pub trolls on any website, nor any publicity. We aren't pushing anyone to create an account on our forum and our goal is not to have the most people registered. People here are free to come and express what they think. We might not be the busiest habs forum, but surely one of the most interesting, with less useless thread, more intelligent debate and no annoying publicity on any page.

HabsWorld's aim is to provide a "one-stop" news source for all things about the Montreal Canadiens. We encourage at HW a community feeling for all Habs fans around the world, and it will be strengthen (sp?) in the next weeks. HW began in April 2003 and we're doing 1 step at the time. So you won't see a link to a NHL forum anytime soon.

Good luck with nhl Hot Topics

:ghg:

I don't think we get information "after" everyone else has already posted it. And even if that's the case some of the time, we like to verify information before reporting it as the truth. I wouldn't want this place to become one of the sites that tries to scoop everyone else, but is wrong 90% of the time.

Summertime traffic is always dirt slow. I'm pretty impressed with what Habsworld has accomplished, since it was only officially launched at the start of the season.

I agee with what you say but wouldn't you want to be the 1st site to have 1st hand info? Your the last! unfortunatley. I see what your forum is striving for but damn it man I have never seen a site that doesn't want better things for it! I love the Habs with a passion and I am surprised that you don't want more for Habs World! What a great site with so much potential and fortunatley you have a couple of great writers for your cover page, because if you didn't have Dan your site would be dead! You should honestly reconcider my offer, I am only offering great things for this site and I know that if you do this YOUR forum will be more popular than Fanhome,Metro,Habsrus and in due time as a team we will be as popular as HF Boards! One thing is a certain, if we join as a team with the amount of habs posters that I get, we WILL be as dangerous and more exciting then HF! And that is a promise! if you are not sure of what to do then please consort with your other consorties! cause this is most definatley the best for your forum! Let me tell you I have ppl come from all of the above forums to copy and paste 1st hand info for their sites! well I'm not going to beg you, take it or leave it, your forums future has a potential so that is my offer!

Originally posted by huzer

I don't think we get information "after" everyone else has already posted it. And even if that's the case some of the time, we like to verify information before reporting it as the truth. I wouldn't want this place to become one of the sites that tries to scoop everyone else, but is wrong 90% of the time.

Summertime traffic is always dirt slow. I'm pretty impressed with what Habsworld has accomplished, since it was only officially launched at the start of the season.

Not true3! this forum is the last to know any habs info! I am offering the best for both forums! I have a total NHL forum but I am a total HABS FAN! and if you look @ my forum it is the most used the most viewed forum on my board! And as you stated summer time is not dead on muy board ! it is thriving! I just started this board 8-9 weeks ago and the love on the board is wicked! I will only keep this offer open for so long because I really really like this site and I already have one of your mods! he has been with me since I started my site and posts alot more on my site than this, so what does that tell you? c'mon think what the potential will be for HW!

As a user: Keep the site clean. No banners and no adds. That's one of the main reason why I visit this board.

And I think more and more people are getting here. It may grow slow but almost every one that post something here has something more to say than just "Go habs go" and "Julien sux!"

HW Forum won't become a copy-paste of your or any forum. We're not searching junk/spam link pub to boost our stats. As i said HabsWorld is growing 1 step at the time... and it's going already better than expected.

Originally posted by habsfan69

the info that you guy's get is ALWAYS after every habs board has already posted it , and that is unfortunate. you guys have great writers and a wicked web page but the fact remains the same! I will offer a hyper link to this board plus a scrolling Habsworld banner on my MAIN page if you put my link on your page. Believe me this will benifit your page more than my page by a long shot, I just want to see every habs site thrive in every way! In just over 2 months I have amassed over 500 members with about 1-200 valadating, about 60%are Habs fans! this I know because I have 2 habs sites before this full NHL board that I own and I have about 400 habs members on the 2 other sites. So if Habs world would like to possibly get a ton of new habs members it would be in both of our interests to link with eachother! The bonus for you is that, like I said you will give me a banner so I can have it scroll across my main page and that will give you traffick. If you want to view my site before you make your decision it is located @ www.NHLHotTopics.tk

Thank you for your concideration!

HF69

We posted news after everyone else? lol.... Are you keeping track of posting-times on all the forums? I think HW is very fast in reporting news, on the site and the forum.

As for the activity level of this forum, who cares? I will not sacrifice quality for quantity, building a strong forum cannot be done overnight, it takes months and sometimes years (Habsrus, Habsfans, etc) . And I am prepared to give HW time to grow, the site is already doing great and we've got MANY great writers (Dan Linn, Brian La Rose, Colin P.) ... The forum will follow...

Concerning your offer, NO THANKS. HW is doing perfectly fine on its own, we have never put up any ads, and we never spam our site ... NEVER... The only way people find out about our site is when somebody links to one of our articles, word of mouth... You have nothing to offer us, your forum is the kindergarten (Example of a post on your forum: Wuts up! OMG U GUYS! I'm posting on hot topics!!! I rox!) of the internet, we do not want your users to find HW! ...

I've also got a tip for your forum... First of all, decrease the size of your images! It takes 1/2 a day to load your forum, you do not need a 200+ kb banner, and loads of other slow loading graphics, optimize them, ... Ohh and, stop being such a hypocrite, you tell your members "DO NOT SPAM THIS SITE!!!" yet you're the freaking current king of spam on the internet, thats how you got most of the members on your site, from annoying the hell out of people on other forums. Stop it already! If your forum is any good it will grow on its own without you having to spam.

Anyways I'd wait for your response, but your banned... forever! Dont come back! Thank you for visiting HabsWorld... Have a happy day!

[Edited on 2004-7-10 by puck7x]

Good job puck. :clap:

I know you told this person to stop advertising his own site on here numerous times. At one point, he started sound P2P messages to people advertising his site. I told him to stop, but he just told me to "F*** OFF." He obviously had trouble following the few guidlines that we do have here on HW.

Good riddance IMO.