Did the Pens throw Philli game?

SAKS-AVENUE

On TSN broadband today, April 7th, There is press conference footage of Bryaan Murray stating this is so. I didn't see the game but many say it's obvious this is what happened.

That pisses me off. Big time!!!!!!

I hate Crosby and the rest of the team and coaches that thought this was a good idea. O.K resting your big names I get, but flat out standing around and not trying( That's what I heard) bums me out.

I hope the Sens kick their ass. I hope Karma bites them in the ass. Such a stupid move.

GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!! At least for the 1st round.

I HATE THE PENS AND THE SENS, but I do want Ottawa to win this series....just because! Who's with me?

They sacrificed the regular season eastern conference champions title for a chance at a clear run for the eastern conference playoff champions title.

A depleted Ottawa, and an unproven Washington, are their probable opponents, and by the time we get through Boston and NJ/NY/Philly, we'll be sore and tired.

The fact that Gainey wants to play his veterans (which probably means Brisebois and Dandenault) scares me.

But go Sens, bite those cocky Pens in the ass.

(whoa, that statement looks pretty homoerotic if you just kinda brush over it. Totally unintentional)

I don't think they tanked, maybe just a little letdown in the final game at the end of the season. They also probably didn't want to start shit because it was a VERY rough game against the same two teams on Wednesday.

Edited by les_glorieux

I don't think they threw the game, although I haven't seen the game so I can't say I know they didn't, they only know in their hearts themselves whether they threw the game or not. I think it was more a case of playing not to get hurt. If they did tank it I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass. Karma is, as the saying goes, a bitch.

Over at the official message board of the Pens, the fans are in an uproar over this article, and I gotta say I think they have every right to be angry. For the record, several Sens fans posting on that board has made it clear that they too think the writer is a moron and that he is way out of line.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

I seen the game ... that must be the lamest excuse from Therrien..he said "I cannot risk injury of our captain in the last game", yeaaaaa right... people bought tickets to see Crosby dude!!! Hope the Sens beat the hell out of the Pens hate that kid and hate their coaching staff. They totally let that game down we can clearly see it just to have better chance playing against an injured team the Sens.

I don't think they threw the game, although I haven't seen the game so I can't say I know they didn't, they only know in their hearts themselves whether they threw the game or not. I think it was more a case of playing not to get hurt. If they did tank it I hope it comes back to bite them in the ass. Karma is, as the saying goes, a bitch.

Over at the official message board of the Pens, the fans are in an uproar over this article, and I gotta say I think they have every right to be angry. For the record, several Sens fans posting on that board has made it clear that they too think the writer is a moron and that he is way out of line.

I wouldn't call him a moron, or out of line. Hit before you get hit, that's all. It's hockey, and I hope the Sens give it to the Pens Twice as hard as Philli might have. It's the play-offs!!!!!!!

Go Sens Go!!!!!

I hate the SEns but I hate the Pens more.

HABS

How can you fault them for resting Crosby? He missed two months with an ankle injury, then another two weeks after he came back. He had a few games to get back into game shape and did so. They aren't paying him millions of dollars to win games that determine the conference winner, they're paying him to win the Cup. They have a few million reasons why they should have rested his ankle that game.

How can you fault them for resting Crosby? He missed two months with an ankle injury, then another two weeks after he came back. He had a few games to get back into game shape and did so. They aren't paying him millions of dollars to win games that determine the conference winner, they're paying him to win the Cup. They have a few million reasons why they should have rested his ankle that game.

I get resting your stars but not trying? Maybe Bryan Murray is motivating his team. I've heard from many people that the Pens were diddling around like idiots, I saw some highlights that looked sketchy....It bugs me and I hope the Sens win.

Imagine if the Habs blew the game against the Leafs in similar fashion? I'd be bummed.

The Flyers went into the game on such an emotional high after shutting out the Debbies, and it took the first few minutes for them come back to reality for one more go round. Neither team played a great game, but the Pens had their checking line out on a PP in the 3rd. It was a little suspect, and I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't pushed to give it their all before the game. hell, I'd hate to play the Flyers if I were them. I mean with our reputation as thugs and all. :lol:

Joking aside, if they did in fact take the low road to get a better matchup, so be it. I just hope Karma catches up to them before it's over.

They sacrificed the regular season eastern conference champions title for a chance at a clear run for the eastern conference playoff champions title.

A depleted Ottawa, and an unproven Washington, are their probable opponents, and by the time we get through Boston and NJ/NY/Philly, we'll be sore and tired.

The fact that Gainey wants to play his veterans (which probably means Brisebois and Dandenault) scares me.

But go Sens, bite those cocky Pens in the ass.

(whoa, that statement looks pretty homoerotic if you just kinda brush over it. Totally unintentional)

Both played game 1 and bothed looked good.

I'm more ticked by the Ottawa writer who called for the Sens to take swings at Crosby's ankle. I don't know who it was, I just heard a quote on PTI. Asinine to call for stuff like that.

Didn't know they had signed Bobby Clarke.

IMHO Who cares, Hens or P-Hens both are fowl.