St. Louis

New York (Isles)

Columbus

Toronto

Phoenix

Nashville

Vancouver

Discuss.

I wonder if that will influence Vinny to sign on longer or move on in his UFA year. I guess one more season until we find out.

Vinny will leave and sign in Vancouver. That way it'll be the Vinny and Vinny show(Lecavalier and Vigneualt). Vancouver will proceed to tank next year and draft Tavares while they wait for Vinny. No wonder my nickname is Vinny.

:lol:

man I really wanted atlanta to get that pick.

Atlanta or NYI. I agree with you though, Atlanta needed him more.

I want to be the first to speculate that they will at least entertain the idea of trying to pick up a stud defenseman.

They've got Lecavalier to build around up front, I think a solid, physical blue-liner (Bogosian) might be more what they need.

This is great for Tampa Bay because they get the #1 pick, but I don't think they want highest ranked player this year (Stamkos). As great as Stamkos could be, I believe Tampa Bay should go for one of those top defensemen available, perhaps Alex Pietrangelo.

Thus, the Lightning could end up getting their top defenseman, and a return by trading away the top pick.

Edited by CerebusClone

man I really wanted atlanta to get that pick.

Thank God Atlanta didn't get that pick. I less reason a team has to stay in that city the better

Top 14 Mock Draft:

*Assuming no trades are made*

Tampa Bay takes Stamkos

He's the best player in the draft and a terrific building block. They will take him. What more needs to be said?

Los Angeles takes Doughty

This is the kind of d-man LA needs to shore up it's backend. A gamebreaking guy like Doughty is a terrific fit on a blueline that already boasts Jack Johnson.

Atlanta takes Filatov

They need defence so they might end up nabbing one but the chance to play Filatov with Kovalchuk is too much to pass up.

St. Louis takes Bogosian

Either him or Pietrangelo but I got a feeling it's Zach. Strong 2 way blueliner who can play physical. Him and E.J would be a solid pairing for years to come.

NYI takes Pietrangelo

BPA. NYI could use another d-man and Alex is a good one who could bring a new element to the Isles D.

Columbus takes Schenn

Schenn is a tremendous defensive dman. Their D isn't perfect and after losing Foote, Schenn would go a long way to making this team harder to play against. With Brassard, they aren't DESPERATE for a centre but could take a guy like Hodgson.

Toronto takes Hodgson.

The skilled Ontario kid makes too much sense for a Toronto team looking for offense. Home town kid that can make a difference with his strong playmaking abilities. Kid can score too.

Phoenix takes Myers

A huge defender like Myers who is a better skater than Chara at the same age. This kid has a ton of potential and with the desert dogs loaded on offensive talent, look for them to snag this potential steal.

Nashville takes Boedker

A skilled fast winger could really help a Predators team lacking some skill up front and especially on the wings. He fits their system to a T.

Vancouver takes Wilson.

This kid makes too much sense here. A collegiate player who is NHL ready right now and a centre to boot which is the Nucks biggest weakness. The dedication and passion he brings along with size and skill, this is a Nonis pick for sure.

Chicago takes Boychuk

They're loaded as is but Boychuk is just yet another skilled player for them to add to their system.

Anaheim takes Beach

A lot of negativity surrounding his attitude aas well as his concussion probelms make him slip a bit. The kid's got talent but will he turn out? Brain Burke is just the type of guy to make this selection.

Buffalo takes Del zotto

Buffalo has loads of talent up front and could use a dman. Del zotto is a great puck moving d-man and would compliment Buffalo's rush style.

Carolina takes Teubert

Big tough WHL dman. Another team that could use some D. Could be the perfect fit for the Canes.

HM: Joshua Bailey and John Carlson.

I did this because I'm procrastinating on my speech for tomorrow. :P

Maca, here's the Mock. :P

Look up.

Edited by Captain_Stealth

What would Gainey pay for first overall?

Koivu's replacement, he'd be the 1st line C we've always wanted.

Stamkos, Plekanec, Chipchura, Lapierre

Best C depth since 93...

What would Gainey pay for first overall?

Koivu's replacement, he'd be the 1st line C we've always wanted.

Stamkos, Plekanec, Chipchura, Lapierre

Best C depth since 93...

Firstly, Tampa will never trade away that first overall pick, as Stamkos will be Brad Richard's replacement.

Also, we don't need a first line C, we need another winger for Koivu's line.

Or wait for Sergei Kostisyn to fully develop

Edited by markierung

I'd be willing to trade Plekanec and our first rounder for Stamkos.

Koivu hasn't got long left, and unless there are some UFAs we get in the future (I don't know, I can't see that far), we're not too well off up the middle in terms of PPG players. And Koivu is no longer the man he once was, I think we'll try to build from within (like we have so far), and we're fine on the wings, not up the middle.

I'd be willing to trade Plekanec and our first rounder for Stamkos.

Koivu hasn't got long left, and unless there are some UFAs we get in the future (I don't know, I can't see that far), we're not too well off up the middle in terms of PPG players. And Koivu is no longer the man he once was, I think we'll try to build from within (like we have so far), and we're fine on the wings, not up the middle.

we really shouldn't trade plex and a first for Stamkos. Not now anyway. With Kovalev in his late 30's, and Koivu at the tail end of his career, and Hamrlik in his late 30's....we need to try an win now, not trade for a guy who will be fully developed in 2-3 years and sacrifice our best C

And tampa wouldn't make that deal either. It's not in their best interest. They want to win in the future. And Stamkos is the insurance policy in case they lose Lecavalier in a few years

Edited by markierung

This makes the Brad Richards trade look a lot better for them. They'll get another 1st line centre, and they'll have a bit of extra secondary scoring (Jokinen) and a goalie.

This makes the Brad Richards trade look a lot better for them. They'll get another 1st line centre, and they'll have a bit of extra secondary scoring (Jokinen) and a goalie.

Do not forget about Halpern for now.......

Stealth, I really liked your MOCK. That was well done. You forgot the Leaf fan trade, Ponokrofsky (spelling) Leafs 3rd and Raycroft for Tampas #1 pick... :lol::lol::lol:

More like Ponikarovsky+Raycroft+Earl+McCabe+Leafs 3rds for the next 3 years+Bell for the 1st OA and Lecavalier. :lol:

Thanks btw. ;)

Edited by Captain_Stealth

Stupid LA had to go and win a game, I was hoping that they would get it.

LA will be better off with a Doughty or pietrangelo playing with Johnson than another centerman.

Stamkos will be TB's no 1 centre in a few years since I doubt that lecavalier signs back there, especially in Tb finishes last next year.

LA will be better off with a Doughty or pietrangelo playing with Johnson than another centerman.

Stamkos will be TB's no 1 centre in a few years since I doubt that lecavalier signs back there, especially in Tb finishes last next year.

Nailed it.

Hopefully Vinny signs in Colorado after next season.