Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/10/08

Spider-Man NL

It drives me nuts seeing Kypreos, Healy etc rolling their eyes about the Bruins chances when these experts were rolling their eyes at the Habs playoff chances

6 months ago.

Healy and Kypreos are dumb-asses! they have no idea what they are talking about. I never listen to them. If I have to get my hockey news in English, i watch TSN. bob Mackenzie is probably the most knowledgeable guy in Hockey!

Edited by Habsfan

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just thinking about our powerplay. That one move Kovy, Markov and Plex, do, quick passes to the right side of the net seems to be in a slump. I've noticed any little hesitation on their part and the opposing goalie looks brilliant. It's obvious that part of the power play has been found out. I hope they have something new up their sleeve.

ATTENTION 1st powerplay UNIT.

If for some reason you stumble with the puck for even 1/3rd of a second on that set play.....DON'T SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!

Quickly feed BIG TlTS waiting on the otherside. Everyone will get busted including Thomas. You hear me Kovalev? Plex?

O.K I'm done being coach, but I'm getting sick of goalies gloving those shots, we need to f**ck it up a little.

KOMISAREK IN, BRISBOIS IN, O'BYRNE OUT, BOUILLON OUT

The team 990 is reporting that Brisebois is playing instead of O'byrne. WHAT THE HELL!

OMG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

No, really. I'm giving game one to the Bruins, and we still have 6 hours until game-time.

Prediction: 5-2 Bruins, with Halak playing the final frame.

BRISEBOIS IS THE DEVIL! O'BYRNE IS THE CHOSEN ONE! WITHOUT HIM, WE ARE NOTHING!

NOTHING!

OMG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

No, really. I'm giving game one to the Bruins, and we still have 6 hours until game-time.

Prediction: 5-2 Bruins, with Halak playing the final frame.

BRISEBOIS IS THE DEVIL! O'BYRNE IS THE CHOSEN ONE! WITHOUT HIM, WE ARE NOTHING!

NOTHING!

This is a big test for Patrice and I doubt he plays a lot of minutes so he should not be able to cost them to much.

Also Streit will be able to drop back.

Seems like Carbo will be using Vets a lot. It's O.K. Let O'byrne watch and learn, and take down numbers so when it gets heavy he'll know exactly who to pound. It will be a good "Let me in coach! Let me in!!!!!" kind of eager mind frame.

It is a little strange to sit size and muscle against the B's but maybe that's the trick. Go completely opposite of their game plan.

GO CARBO GO!!!!!!

This is a big test for Patrice and I doubt he plays a lot of minutes so he should not be able to cost them to much.

Also Streit will be able to drop back.

I'm sorry, but that's not comforting in the least.

Streit had the second worst +/- on the team to Dandenault.

So I'm gonna stick to predicting the apocalypse and crying out for a hero.

Bonnie Tyler's version

Komo would have never missed that game-serie for the world. Not a surprise there but a fear

factor for the Bruins.

O'byrne vs Breezer.

O'byrne brings size, grit, a faitrly good first pass and a presence after the whistle are is assets.

I guess Carbo think that Breezer will bring experience to a young club. In the last four games of the year

he raised is game and won this first game spot.

I am not in favor of this call, we don't know how much time Komo can eat on this first game. The Bruins have

size. O'byrne would have been useful.

But experience talked yesterday with old timers like Roberts, Shanahan and Stephane Yelle made the difference.

The crowd will be a +/- factor. The most important is to focus on the game plan, no stupid penalties, forecheck and score

goals.

I'd rather have O'Byrne in there, but whatever. Breezer played alright over the last few games - so let him have his chance here.

We brought Patrice Brisebois in because he's won a cup and he's supposed to bring leadership to the club. We'll find out tonight if he can live up to those expectations.

If not, no biggy. We'll see O'Byrne in game 2 if it doesn't work out tonight.

Glad to see Komi's gonna be in the lineup.

Kinda surprised to see Breezer in instead of OB, but i'm not gonna rag on this decision as Carbo got them this far.

With Bouillon and OB out, looks like Dandy will most likely play with Lats and Laps i would guess.

The Habs depth is showing now with the couple of injuries and will keep the others chomping at the bit to get in the lineup.

I just hope that this move by Carbo (sitting out O'Byrne and putting Breezer i the line-up) is only temporary. We will definitely need O'Byrne's size in this series vs. the pooh-Bears. They will hit Komisarek every chance they get, and he is our biggest guy on the blue line. He just came back from an injury, i wouldn't want to see him get pummelled again like he did the night he got injured.

I just hope that this move by Carbo (sitting out O'Byrne and putting Breezer i the line-up) is only temporary. We will definitely need O'Byrne's size in this series vs. the pooh-Bears. They will hit Komisarek every chance they get, and he is our biggest guy on the blue line. He just came back from an injury, i wouldn't want to see him get pummelled again like he did the night he got injured.

Oh he is going to get pummeled. The Bruins did it all year.

That being said, no saying you can't make life miserable for Bergeron, Savard and Kessel all series.

Tommy K and Stevie B. That's your cue

If you recall the day Chara was out, the boys hammered them like crazy. When Chara plays, our boys seem to be a little meek in the hitting department. They will fight and scrum but not hit. I hope to see them crush everyone.

barfbag.jpg

The above pic states my physical state right now. :puke: Playoff fever is torture. Four hours and change to go.

:lol:

It's like pregnancy: first there's sickness, and the nagging pain becomes more persistent as time goes on. You feel like you're carrying a burden around. But then, if all goes well, there is an excruciating climax, and then relief - and you have your very own miracle.

Komi needs to set the pace. Milan Lucic will be gunning for him right off the bat, Komi needs to hurt him right away so he thinks twice about his actions. Don't forget about The Hammer. That boy can hit too.

First loss and Breezer is out. Hopefully that won't be tonight. How many play-off games does one need to write their name on the cup? I'm sure Carbo is just filling that quota with Breezer right off the top so he doesn't have to worry about it <_<

Komi needs to set the pace. Milan Lucic will be gunning for him right off the bat, Komi needs to hurt him right away so he thinks twice about his actions. Don't forget about The Hammer. That boy can hit too.

First loss and Breezer is out. Hopefully that won't be tonight. How many play-off games does one need to write their name on the cup? I'm sure Carbo is just filling that quota with Breezer right off the top so he doesn't have to worry about it <_<

Habs are 20-17-6 with Breeze-by in the lineup. Not an encouraging number.

MMPL don't be negative today.

I guess I sounded negative but I really I am not, this is one of the happiest days of my life :)

I'm confident with our habbies :clap:

:ghg: