Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/12/08

KoZed

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Don Cherry about the Bruins "They got jobbed. The crowd called it."

What a d0u¢heb@g

Yeh, gotta love how he was bitching about Reich getting hit with the highstick without getting a call... and Ron completely PWNing him by pointing out that it was a follow-through.

Go back to your nursing home, Cherry. Nobody cares what you think about this series.

LOL Don Cherry about the Bruins "They got jobbed. The crowd called it."

HAHAHA I know, whine whine whine Don Shithole :lol: !

:ghg:

Yeh, gotta love how he was bitching about Reich getting hit with the highstick without getting a call... and Ron completely PWNing him by pointing out that it was a follow-through.

I'm glad Ron is there to reign in Don's buffoonery.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Finally some calls go the Habs way and let's listen to all the moaning that will come up.

The highstick on Kostopolo has to be a 4 minute, just too bad for the B's it was at that time. And then Reich on the trip. His complaint about the highstick to his face from Markov was on the follow-through and should not be a penalty.

Kovy with the bullet to redeem himself.

It was a little ugly, but i'll take it.

Cmon Habs tomorrow, put the series up 3-0.

Why back-to-back playoff games ???

F..... Bettman

It's kind of stupid, especially since the teams have to travel. But the Habs can put the dagger in the B's with a win tomorrow. It will also allow the Habs to rest Koivu and Bouillon for a few more days or even a week.

Nothing wrong with back to back games, it's the same teams playing. Back to back games are BS when it's an ambush thing: One team plays, gets on a plane, flys to new city where fresh team is waiting to ambush them.

If anything this situation favours the habs since they have more youth.

Why back-to-back playoff games ???

F..... Bettman

I actually like it :)

It affects the Bees as much as it affects us, but I think we are more conditioned and speedy, and I think the Bruins will really look like their outta shape.

We got a stranglehold on the series, so lets finish it off!!

Just caught some of Claude Julien's post game comments. He showed alot of class because I also believe the refs were laughable. I'm thrilled we won the game, but a playoff win courtesy of the officials just doesn't feel right. If it was in Boston's favour, we'd all be out of our minds.

That was one of the worst officiated playoff games I have ever seen in my life.

They spend the first 2 and a half periods trying to hand Boston the game and then when they tie

it they spend the last 7 minutes trying to hand it back to the Habs.

The Kovalev penalty to create the 5 on 3 is a joke. Ward drives his forearm into the back of Kovy's head

and they call Kovy on a retaliation slash? Lapierre hook in the third, the payback 5 on 3. Brutal

But that Bruins just threw everything plus the kitchen sink at the Habs and still lost. Boston did a great job of making adjustments

and clogged up the middle and negated Montreal's aggressive forecheck. That being said, Hamrlik and Brisebois both

hit the post, and Kosty and Kovy missed clear cut breakaways. They could have won that game 4-0.

Price was solid, and unfortunately the big mistake he made (poor rebound) he was not let off the hook by Gorges.

Montreal is up 2-0, is 1 for 12 on the PP and has outscored the Bruins 6-2 even strength. I expect to split in Beantown

and clean this up back in Montreal. Montreal has another gear, I don't think the Bruins do.

Got to love winning a game that you didn't deserve. Habs stole this one for sure.

Make you wonder, if the Bruins can't beat us in a game like this, when can they?

At home ...

Will be interesting to see if O'Byrne and Stewart get a chance tomorrow.

Injury updates? Kost/Lapierre/et al?

I actually like it :)

It affects the Bees as much as it affects us, but I think we are more conditioned and speedy, and I think the Bruins will really look like their outta shape.

We got a stranglehold on the series, so lets finish it off!!

I agree. I don't see the big deal. In the 80's the best of 5 used to go back to back, travel day, back to back

travel day, game 5.

I certainly don't agree that the refs 'handed' the game to Montreal. The referreeing was simply abysmal all the way around: the basic problem being that they let all kinds of things go (mostly by the Prunes) in the 1st half of the game and then for some reason started calling everything. A call-everything approach affects the Bruins more because they're more likely to be committing infractions, given our speed advantage.

The trouble is not that they called everything in the 3rd, it's that they were not consistent. (In fact, they inverted the traditional logic of NHL reffing, which is, call lots early and then let everything go).

Anyway:

As a wise man (Mats Naslund) once said, if we win all the games we deserve to win, and all the games we don't deserve to win, we should do well. :lol:

The Bruins are actually serving as an interesting 1st-round opponent. They are teaching us the dangers of overconfidence. And they are also demonstrating that our PP can be neutralized much more easily in a playoff series - when opposition coaches have loads of time to study the other team's patterns, and figure out ways to neutralize them - than in the regular season. Some worrisome elements there, because our best defence against getting brutalized is to punish teams on the PP.

Another thing the Habs need to learn is that the reffing sucks ass in the playoffs and is never consistent with regular season practice. I thought we were thrown off our game in the 1st half, partly because of overconfidence, but also because we got discombobulated by inept non-calls: c.f. Kovalev's stupid retaliatory penalty.

The return of Koivu will help, if and when it happens. I like the idea of Saks as a secret weapon in reserve for when the going gets tough.

Well, great result, bad game.

The reffing was brutal, both ways. I thought to Bruins got away with murder seveval times, then they call soft penalties against both teams... no wonder the players are frustrated.

The Habs were really out played tonight and the PP has been brutal. Too many fancy passes, too many soft passes, poor accuracy, etc.. Not a surprise that we won it when Kovalev finally got frustrated and just ripped it on net for the win.

I sure hope they come out flying in Boston and the PP gets sharper. If we win the next game we can rest Koivu some more, but if we lose it i think we might need to shove that foot in a skate and get him out there.

My buddy the Bruin fan came over to watch the game, even he felt the reffing sucked both ways. Just brutal.. but he took the lost with grace, as he said 'we can't beat you guys in a playoff series when we have a better team, we are not going to beat you now". :)

Dunno if Bouillon and/or Stewart gets inserted in the lineup tomorrow because of the back-to-back thing.

Maybe (hopefully) Steww is in, but Boo boo is a no go.

It's not like teams don't do it every year. It was either play back-to-back games or have two days between games 3 and 4, as the Celtics have a home game on Wednesday.

You're right.

I forgot the Celts have a home game on Wednesday

And I'm supposed to be the NBA fan here :unsure: