Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Boston Bruins | 04/13/08

KoZed

Those were my thoughts as well. No Koivu unless it goes to game 6.

One thing that really impresses me with the first two games, is the balanced scoring. The depth chart will look so good once Koivu and Booboo are back.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way that we can get rid of Don Cherry caus this country doesn't want him anymore... he doesn't represent.

Maybe he can get a job at NESN and root for the bruins there.

The Bruins will soon be the sundae with the "Cherry" on top.

Cherry irritates me, but so does PJ Stock with his Bruins cheerleading. I'm gonna phone up The Team 990 and berate him on Monday when we've got a 3-0 chokehold on the Ruins.

Cherry irritates me, but so does PJ Stock with his Bruins cheerleading. I'm gonna phone up The Team 990 and berate him on Monday when we've got a 3-0 chokehold on the Ruins.

Yep will email him also, caus he'll prolly just hang up as he does as soon as you try to question he's cheerleading the bruins.

any lineup updates? Kessel, Bergeron? O'Byrne, Bouillon....

any update on Koivu?

Our lineup stays the same (don't know if anyone has already said that)

Kessel out again.

Bergeron out again.

Wideman, don't know.

Edited by MMPL

Bégin-Smolinki-Kostopolos line is habs bread and butter in this serie yet.

Line 1 and 2 does the job.

But Lapierre- Latendresse and Damndenault, they have to do something more.

Sure they have energy but they are missing the boat.

Latendresse has 0 chance of scoring yet. The puck doesn't go to him,

Lapierre should do a better job at feeding him.

I don't want the blame the kids but if Latendresse doesn't score he should

be in the zone to score. Move is big *ss in front of Thomas, take rebounds.

Lapierre is not a disturbing presence, i saw him more cocky.

Maybe Dandy is the moooo factor there. Habs win tonight and they have 0 results?

i would like to see Stewart with the other kids. A guy that can fight on his line

would boost Lapierre. And Latendressse would maybe move his chin up.

Go Habs Go.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=234203&lid...os=topStory_nhl

Rumor is that Bergeron could make a comeback tonight...

If they are dumb enough to risk his career for essentially nothing, then they deserve what they get.

The way Hamrlik is smacking people around, it would be a very dangerous ploy.

Bégin-Smolinki-Kostopolos line is habs bread and butter in this serie yet.

Line 1 and 2 does the job.

But Lapierre- Latendresse and Damndenault, they have to do something more.

Sure they have energy but they are missing the boat.

Latendresse has 0 chance of scoring yet. The puck doesn't go to him,

Lapierre should do a better job at feeding him.

I don't want the blame the kids but if Latendresse doesn't score he should

be in the zone to score. Move is big *ss in front of Thomas, take rebounds.

Lapierre is not a disturbing presence, i saw him more cocky.

Maybe Dandy is the moooo factor there. Habs win tonight and they have 0 results?

i would like to see Stewart with the other kids. A guy that can fight on his line

would boost Lapierre. And Latendressse would maybe move his chin up.

Go Habs Go.

Lats-Laps-Stew would be lot of rookies on the same line. Not sure I'd want that.

Dandy might not look that great, but he's a vet and I'm sure he's a calming presence to the kids. We don't have those in abundant supply you know. Kovy, Dandy, Breezer, Smoke, Hamrlik... that's about all the experienced vets we've got.

We're lucky that we won't have the jinxing idiots chanting 'Ole' every time we get a two goal lead.

Seriously, it's not even funny anymore. Maybe I'm just super superstitious, but I really think the 'Ole' chant is a weapon of mass destruction if in the wrong hands.

After a win, or in a blow out when we're ahead by 4 goals, sure.

But when we're barely holding on to a 2-0 lead (which, as we saw yesterday, counts for nothing), it's bloody stupid.

Lats-Laps-Stew would be lot of rookies on the same line. Not sure I'd want that.

Dandy might not look that great, but he's a vet and I'm sure he's a calming presence to the kids. We don't have those in abundant supply you know. Kovy, Dandy, Breezer, Smoke, Hamrlik... that's about all the experienced vets we've got.

The commentators were calling Ryder a veteran last night, and considering he's a UFA this summer, I think it's pretty accurate.

Meanwhile, Bouillion is 33, Streit is 31, and Kostopolous is almost 30.

Sure, we have a bunch of rookies and young 'uns, but for the ice time that Dandenault is playing, I don't think we could do any worse with Stewart. And from what we can tell, he knows when to put up his dukes (not a loose cannon), and probably wouldn't be afraid to take on the behemoth that is Char-Grill.

And while I want to see O'Byrne in, I can't really fault Brisebois on his play thus far.

But will Bouillion, when healthy, replace Brisebois?

Habs got to improve

1. The PP. It's been our saving grace all season long. Habs gotta find a way to capitalize --or at least get scoring chances and momentum-- at a better rate than they've done so far. Otherwise the B's will start taking liberties because they won't be afraid to get penalized
  2. Transition game. Last night the Habs had trouble getting some offense going because as soon as the puck was getting to a forward in the neutral zone there was a Bruins player on him. Habs will need to close the gap and defensemen will need to carry the puck a bit more.
  3. AK46 and Plex. These guys need to step it up a notch and get some pressure off Kovy.
  4. Higgins & Ryder. They've usually been good at cycling the puck in the B's zone, but they had few scoring chances. They need to drive the net for Lil' Kost to make plays. Ryder in particular has to do a better job getting opened and put the puck on net more consistantly.
  5. Dump & Chase. That's what works so well for the Smoke line. They do a great job at dumping the net and retrieving it. The other lines should emulate that since it works well.

The commentators were calling Ryder a veteran last night, and considering he's a UFA this summer, I think it's pretty accurate.

Sure, we have a bunch of rookies and young 'uns, but for the ice time that Dandenault is playing, I don't think we could do any worse with Stewart. And from what we can tell, he knows when to put up his dukes (not a loose cannon), and probably wouldn't be afraid to take on the behemoth that is Char-Grill.

And while I want to see O'Byrne in, I can't really fault Brisebois on his play thus far.

I'm talking playoffs experience here. Bouillon, Streit and Kosto might be old, doesn't make them experienced in the playoffs.

As for a Bergeron comeback, I read that the plan was to only use him on the PP. Not sure that's even smart. Methinks Lapierre would go out of his way just to hit Bergy.

The Canadiens have to be ready to face the worst. The domination and the 10 straight this year happy cheer we've been having as fans versus the Beans goes out the window tonight. Boston cannot afford to lose this game. What team could afford it? We'd better be prepared. Julien has them clogging the neutral zone. We have to do better gaining the zone and playing in the neutral zone. I'm happy with our defensive effort. Solving the clog by Boston will help our D game even more and lessen the pressure from the B's attack.

Go Habs Go :hlogo:

can3.jpg

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

THE GUY HAS 1 GAME OF NHL EXPERIENCE. 1 GAME!

2 weeks ago nobody even heard of the guy and now the guy needs to be inserted into the lineup after winning the first 2 games?

:rolleyes:

Habs just need to weather the early Bruin storm and if they are tied or ahead the pressure will mount

on the Bruins as the game rolls on.

They need to match the Bruins intensity tonight if they want to win.

Edited by Wamsley01

Habs just need to weather the early Bruin storm and if they are tied or ahead the pressure will mount

on the Bruins as the game rolls on.

They need to match the Bruins intensity tonight if they want to win.

Yep.

They need to do exactly what Boston did last night: come out roaring and hitting and skating. Kill the Boston crowd, get the Habs fans in the building a reason to cheer.

Yep.

They need to do exactly what Boston did last night: come out roaring and hitting and skating. Kill the Boston crowd, get the Habs fans in the building a reason to cheer.

I am confident that the Habs will do what they have done all year on the road.

Play a simpler game and wait for their opportunities. If the Bruins get too excitable it plays into Montreal's hands.

THe Bruins need to play a calm disciplined game. If they begin to take runs or try to make plays beyond their

means, the Habs will pounce with a counter attack.

If Price continues his stellar play and the PP can pot a goal, I think the Habs will win tonight.

THE GUY HAS 1 GAME OF NHL EXPERIENCE. 1 GAME!

2 weeks ago nobody even heard of the guy and now the guy needs to be inserted into the lineup after winning the first 2 games?

:rolleyes:

Yeah, people need to lay off the Stewart crack pipe. (don't mind me, I just have a thing for crack pipe analogies)

We have a bunch of healthy guys who are better than him who aren't seeing the ice. If we're going to replace Dandy, put O'Byrne on the back and move Streit up. Or get Grabovski back in.

I am confident that the Habs will do what they have done all year on the road.

Play a simpler game and wait for their opportunities. If the Bruins get too excitable it plays into Montreal's hands.

THe Bruins need to play a calm disciplined game. If they begin to take runs or try to make plays beyond their

means, the Habs will pounce with a counter attack.

If Price continues his stellar play and the PP can pot a goal, I think the Habs will win tonight.

I hope the Bruins are totally broken after last night's comeback and loss, and that this is a good ole Habs shellacking of the B's.