Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Boston Bruins | 04/15/08

KoZed

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy about OB. A little nervous about Grabs, geez I wish Koivu was ready.

Ditto. I think Grabs will be hungry, and thus skating hard. That kind of effort will be contagious. Overall, I'm pleased with the decision, but the rest of the Habs need to step it up too.

I like Grabs, and really - was he gonna do worse than Dandy, especially given our need for more scoring punch?

Feel bad for Ryder, though. He seems to be working, but it's crunch time and the guy unfortunately has not shown any hint of rediscovering his touch in the playoffs, as Gainey was likely hoping when he decided not to deal him.

I've been listening to 990 this afternoon...I havent' heard anything. I must've missed it. I did just hear Cherry's Coach's Corner "Kids, love your stick, stroke your stick, take it in your bedroom....go to bed with your Sherwood, etc" on Melnick. Ha! To which, Melnick followed up with the Divinyls "I Touch Myself".

Edited by huzer

On TSN Video they were saying Kovy's been having problems skating because his blades have been worn down so much the plastic was rubbing the ice on sharp stops and turns. Having skated on an old ass pair of skates myself, this can cause major problems.

Kovalev's got a tire change= good news, but how does this happen? I mean, this is the NHL play-offs, don't the trainers keep an eye on these important things. Like skates! They should check to make sure the skates fit him, and while they are at it, maybe take a look and see if his helmet might be a size too big. It has been coming off a little too easily.

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

Projected Line-ups

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev

(21)Higgins - (74)S.Kostitsyn- (73)Ryder

(84)Latendresse - (40)Lapierre - (32)Streit

(22)Begin - (20)Smolinski - (6)Kostopoulos

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek

(71)Brisebois - (44)Hamrlik

(4)O'Byrne - (26)Gorges

(31)Price

Lets Go Habs. Big game.

As far as I'm concerned, THIS is the deciding game. Whoever wins this game, wins the series... Why?

1. If the B's win, they show that we can't stop their momentum, even when we desperately want to. And that will be 3 games out of 4 that they outplay us.

2. If the Habs win, we show that the B's can't handle us, once we put our minds totally to the game.

I personally believe we will win. I hope the boys prove me right...

- Jack

Projected Line-ups

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev

(21)Higgins - (74)S.Kostitsyn- (73)Ryder

(84)Latendresse - (40)Lapierre - (32)Streit

(22)Begin - (20)Smolinski - (6)Kostopoulos

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek

(71)Brisebois - (44)Hamrlik

(4)O'Byrne - (26)Gorges

(31)Price

Lets Go Habs. Big game.

First off there's no projected lineups since Carbo will wait until game time to let it be known.

So no O'Byrne, no Streit as a forward, etc.

Whoever made those line-ups pulled it out of his... you catch my drift.

As far as I'm concerned, THIS is the deciding game. Whoever wins this game, wins the series... Why?

1. If the B's win, they show that we can't stop their momentum, even when we desperately want to. And that will be 3 games out of 4 that they outplay us.

2. If the Habs win, we show that the B's can't handle us, once we put our minds totally to the game.

- Jack

I don't think it's an end-all game. B's have already shows they can handle us. If the Habs lose, it just makes it a best of 3 games. And the longer the series last, the better the odds are of Koivu and/or Bouillon to come back.

I don't think it's an end-all game. B's have already shows they can handle us. If the Habs lose, it just makes it a best of 3 games. And the longer the series last, the better the odds are of Koivu and/or Bouillon to come back.

And with all the spare parts that montreal, they would be fresher than boston as the series go.

I can't wait for the game to start. I,m so Hyped !!

- Jack

Not sure I agree with you. I don't think the Habs will fold so easily, and neither will the Bruins. Bruins can't score and we seem to be having trouble finding the net as well, sounds like a goalie duel is brewing and I'm not about stop believing in our defense and Price.

Stills lot's of hockey left.....the battle has only begun.

Macaskill's fearless prediction:

5-2 win for the habs

Habs: Kovalev(2), A. Kostitsyn, Gorges, Begin

Bruins: Wideman, Murray

You couldn't even give the "little girl" a goal? Or is he assisting on all 5? :P

Macaskill's fearless prediction:

5-2 win for the habs

Habs: Kovalev(2), A. Kostitsyn, Gorges, Begin

Bruins: Wideman, Murray

and if you're wrong: round of beer for the boys !! :lol:

- Jack

I don't know if they will play desperate hockey tonight. You can play hard and still not be desperate.

They still have a security blanket and probably won't go balls to the wall until it is removed.

I expect them to come out and play hard like game 1. If they lose then their backs are against the wall

and another game arises with even more adjustments. Would the Bruins become complacent?

Would the Bruins become overconfident? Would the Habs now play desperate hockey?

Things change way to quickly in the playoffs for me to state the winner of game 4 will win the series.

In 30 years of watching playoff hockey I have learned to never count anybody out.

The Habs have taught us on both ends that it is never over. 2-0 leads heading home against the Rangers in 96 and Carolina in 06

quickly disappeared. As well as the Habs looking dead against the Nords in 93 and one shot away from going home in Game 3 OT,

to Desjardins scoring with a minute to go to turn around the Cup FInal and bring Stanley home for a 24th time.

I still think that the Bruins are going to have to bring more than they did on Sunday to win this series.

I don't believe that Thomas can outplay Price, which means if the Habs get it going offensively the Bruins

will be in trouble.

Anything can happen, but my coin is still on the Habs.

Edited by Wamsley01