Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/17/08

KoZed

The habs lost tonight cause they got out played by the Bruins. AGAIN! The Bruins have outplayed, outhustled, outskated the habs in 4 of 5 games. It's only natural that they start scoring after a while.

I will not blame the loss on Carey's shoulders. Had the Boys done their job up front, the second goal would have been inconsequential.

I'm sick of seeing our boys try to play the Boston game. Why can'T we play OUR game? Skate god dammit!

These 5 goals given up by Carey will do one of two things. Either it will make him mad and he will come out with a vengeance on saturday, or it will ###### him up in between the ears. I think Carey will come out strong on Saturday.

No need to panik. The habs still leed this series 3 to 2, and all we need is one more win, but the boys need to realize that Boston will not hand them the game on a silver platter.

The Boys need to get back to the basics. Skate and forecheck hard.

I,m fvc.king mad that the Habs haven't been playing like they can in this series, but I'm still confident our boys will come out on top!

GO HABS GO!!!

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These 5 goals given up by Carey will do one of two things. Either it will make him mad and he will come out with a vengeance on saturday, or it will ###### him up in between the ears. I think Carey will come out strong on Saturday.
I'm willing to bet on the latter. The kid just doesn't seem easily rattled to me.

I don't think so.. it is up to the players to show up..

I don't see coaching issue, i see player issues.

I see Team 990 agree with me...Julien is schooling Carbo. Playoffs is about systems, line matching and coaching.

The habs lost tonight cause they got out played by the Bruins. AGAIN! The Bruins have outplayed, outhustled, outskated the habs in 4 of 5 games. It's only natural that they start scoring after a while.

I will not blame the loss on Carey's shoulders. Had the Boys done their job up front, the second goal would have been inconsequential.

I'm sick of seeing our boys try to play the Boston game. Why can'T we play OUR game? Skate god dammit!

No need to panik. The habs still leed this series 3 to 2, and all we need is one more win, but the boys need to realize that Boston will not hand them the game on a silver platter.

The Boys need to get back to the basics. Skate and forecheck hard.

I,m fvc.king mad that the Habs haven't been playing like they can in this series, but I'm still confident our boys will come out on top!

GO HABS GO!!!

I thought the Bruins tried to hand it on the platter and the Habs seemed disinterested.

The Habs were crossing the line with plenty of speed, were coming through the neutral zone fairly easily and the D

was not getting pounded with an type of aggressive forecheck at all.

But they played a peripheral game, didn't win any puck battles and took some undisciplined penatlies.

I was worried when they came out of the first with only a 1 goal lead. I think if Kovy had not hit the post and made it 2-0

that the Bruins were ready to roll over. But, Price made a brutal rookie gaffe and I expected it to wake up the Habs.

The crowd came alive and they responded with another dumb penalty and Chara scored and that was the end of it.

Very disappointing

I see Team 990 agree with me...Julien is schooling Carbo. Playoffs is about systems, line matching and coaching.

What did Julien do? Insert Kessel?

The Bruins did not play the game that he has been preaching tonight. If the Bruins played like they did in

Game 3 or 4 I could live with that loss.

2 pp goals and a sh goal should'nt be blamed on carbo.

:puke:

I shut off the ######ing tv after the 4th goal and will NOT watch the highlites of this piss poor game, so could someone tell me what their 5th goal was like? Don't get into the rank details but was it legit or a softie?

2 pp goals and a sh goal should'nt be blamed on carbo.

You can blame Carbo for the lack of intensity and the lack of success of the PP.

Julien has taken the 28th ranked PP and shut down the 1st ranked PP. He has taken the second highest scoring team

in the league and held them to just over 2 goals per game.

What has Carbo done to neutralize the Bruins gameplan?

What did Julien do? Insert Kessel?

The Bruins did not play the game that he has been preaching tonight. If the Bruins played like they did in

Game 3 or 4 I could live with that loss.

OMG...what are you watching? The habs have been completely stalled. The bruins are plugging up the neutral zone and that because of a system implemented by the coach. On paper the habs have way more talent. Rememmber the last playoff win? The habs, coached by Julien, were 8th and the bruins were 1st. The 1st place bruins were up 3-1 then lost in seven. Do you feel a deja vu here???

We are fine with the lineup we have Cuz Saku and Streit will be back on sat. Please just let me have that.

Source???

April 16th, 2008 from Canadiens.com Habs Notebook

"What’s up Doc?: Although Saku Koivu and Francis Bouillon will not be in the lineup for Game 5, they continue to inch toward returning to action. Bouillon is getting better every day, with the swelling and discomfort in his bruised right ankle improving with each practice. Koivu, meanwhile, had further x-rays done on his fractured left foot on Wednesday morning and while the results were encouraging, there is still no timetable set for the captain’s return."

Edited by l<OV4L3V

:puke:

I shut off the ######ing tv after the 4th goal and will NOT watch the highlites of this piss poor game, so could someone tell me what their 5th goal was like? Don't get into the rank details but was it legit or a softie?

It was tipped but really soft, I think price was already thinkin about game 6 though.

Source???

No source, it's a little wishfull thinkin and a lot of praying

OMG...what are you watching? The habs have been completely stalled. The bruins are plugging up the neutral zone and that because of a system implemented by the coach. On paper the habs have way more talent. Rememmber the last playoff win? The habs, coached by Julien, were 8th and the bruins were 1st. The 1st place bruins were up 3-1 then lost in seven. Do you feel a deja vu here???

I am not talking about the series. The Bruins did not shut down the neutral zone tonight. The habs were entering the

offensive zone with speed, they had a ton of ice. But they did not bring any intensity.

Julien has the edge in the series. But the Bruins were not strong tonight. Montreal mailed that one in.

They did not create any turnovers in the Canadiens zone with their forecheck, they did not create any odd man rushes off neutral zone turnovers.

They played passively and Montreal sat back as well.

That game was won on Special teams and Price handing over a couple of softies.

With any intensity or urgency from the Habs we would all be celebrating tonight

Edited by Wamsley01

I feel like I just got punched in the groin. Man did I ever not expect that.

Unfortunately we look like ass right now. Last game, our low scoring affair looked like a "character win". This time it looks like an ass-kicking. We have to find some secondary, check that, pimary scoring in a hurry.

Saku wont be back until a potential game 7.

I feel like I just got punched in the groin. Man did I ever not expect that.

Unfortunately we look like ass right now. Last game, our low scoring affair looked like a "character win". This time it looks like an ass-kicking. We have to find some secondary, check that, pimary scoring in a hurry.

Saku wont be back until a potential game 7.

The thing everyones gotta realize is that we're still in control of this series. Boston may have some momentum now but the first period/goal in game 6 will do a lot to squash that.

Yeah, that Washington game is going ta a 2nd overtime...

As for the Habs, here is what I saw...

1. Too many guys are playing "scared." The skill players are either taking low percentage panic shots or are trying low percentage passes. They seem to want to get rid of the puck as quickly as they can. Gone is the holding onto the puck while skating at full speed, looking for the good play. I'm particularly thinking of Plekanec, A. Kostitsyn, and Higgins. Hang onto the puck and make a good play. Don't throw it blindly at the goal or blindly at a well-checked teammate. Watch Boston. Their *slow* players enter our zone and are then looking to make a play, not to blindly get rid of the puck.

2. Our defence is also panicking. Blindly swiping at the puck, instead of trying to make a play.

Now, I know a lot of people are blaming Price. You shouldn't. We've scored a total of 1 goal in each of our last 3 games, mostly because of the behaviour I've outlined above. You don't often win games 1-0. Price is not the problem. As a matter of fact, if not for him, this series would already be over. Anyway, last year in Hamilton, he did have a couple of bad games during their championship run. He always followed the bad game with a great one. I repeat: he is not the problem.

Too bad we wasted a pretty good effort from Kovy. He was not playing scared. (But a lot of them were.)

Now is the time for us to show some heart, pay the price, and make some plays. If we don't, then we're not deserving to go on in this playoffs. It's as simple as that...

- Jack

Yeah, that Washington game is going ta a 2nd overtime...

As for the Habs, here is what I saw...

1. Too many guys are playing "scared." The skill players are either taking low percentage panic shots or are trying low percentage passes. They seem to want to get rid of the puck as quickly as they can. Gone is the holding onto the puck while skating at full speed, looking for the good play. I'm particularly thinking of Plekanec, A. Kostitsyn, and Higgins. Hang onto the puck and make a good play. Don't throw it blindly at the goal or blindly at a well-checked teammate. Watch Boston. Their *slow* players enter our zone and are then looking to make a play, not to blindly get rid of the puck.

2. Our defence is also panicking. Blindly swiping at the puck, instead of trying to make a play.

Now, I know a lot of people are blaming Price. You shouldn't. We've scored a total of 1 goal in each of our last 3 games, mostly because of the behaviour I've outlined above. You don't often win games 1-0. Price is not the problem. As a matter of fact, if not for him, this series would already be over. Anyway, last year in Hamilton, he did have a couple of bad games during their championship run. He always followed the bad game with a great one. I repeat: he is not the problem.

Too bad we wasted a pretty good effort from Kovy. He was not playing scared. (But a lot of them were.)

Now is the time for us to show some heart, pay the price, and make some plays. If we don't, then we're not deserving to go on in this playoffs. It's as simple as that...

- Jack

Totally agreed, Price will bounce back. He's too good not to.

Wow.. .can't blame Huet... about 10 amazing saves in the 2nd overtime, but someone has to clear the front of the net... this has been a problem for Washington all series long...

Well, exciting game at least.. much more fun to watch that that crap we saw earlier. :)

I don't know about 'scared.' I think they're off their game because they had no idea how much the intensity (especially the physical punishment) would ramp up. You look at guys like Pleks and L'il Kosty, they want to play with that 'playoff intensity,' they want to respond, but they're trying too hard and not playing their game as a result. They just do not know what they're doing. They'll learn...but (uh oh!) maybe not this year. (Andrei Kostytsin, though, seems to have vanished, and that's a guy to whom the 'scared' label might apply. And I never thought I'd say this but...Higgins?)

Not enough is being made of the clutching and grabbing. It's fine to tell the Habs to 'skate!!!' but how can they if the refs are allowing interference up the yin yang? Indeed, more than anything else I think that's been the problem. Then again, Wamsley has a point when he says that in the one game where the Bruins *were* allowing us to skate, we failed to show up. Goddamn it.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Totally agreed, Price will bounce back. He's too good not to.

I also agree.

The kid is better under pressure (ex. world juniors, calder cup, stretch run)

Game 5 wasn't a pressure game. Game 6 is, and Carey will be fine, take my word for it :)

you know what i'm thinking it's all going down too GAME 7... why? It's all about the profits both teams will be able to pull out from this round 1 ... it's BUSINESS :P

Gotta give it to Boston. Im sure many Canadiens supporters are fearing the worst...and Im sure Bruins fans are very optimistic at the moment.

MTL has been playing below their standards this series.

IMO Game 2, and 4 could have gone either way.

With Boston dominating Game 3 (though we were unlucky in overtime).

We need Koivu, that's for sure. He can be the determining factor in this series and has always been a key player.

Good news is: MTL is building nicely. I remember (as a kid) when my "Nordiques" friends wanted to kill themselves after they had their 2 best seasons (92-93....94-95) , only to get KOed early (by us) and then Rangers.

They later (as colorado) went to dominate the mid 90s , winning 2 stanley cups....with the base of the team.

Point is, I see great things for the Canadiens as of now.

Oh, and this series is very winable. We can even take Game 6 if we pull our act together.

BTW, that's 2 goals now on us messing up a shift change. Players REALLY need to start paying attention. (game 3 was the other one). Important goals too.

Edited by foxfang4

Ugh...I can't believe how poorly we played after that opening period.

I'm really hoping Koivu can come back for Game 6 because we don't have a 2nd line right now, and the 1st line outside of Kovalev looks lost.

The first goal is key on Saturday night. If we give it up Boston is going to have all sorts of momentum and it will be a tough challenge to take it back. Please finish it off in Boston, Game 7s are too tough on the heart...