Game Thread | Boston Bruins vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 04/17/08

KoZed

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But deep down inside, you still miss Huet, right? ^_^

I am glad he is gone, but not because I disliked him. We just couldn't seem to get over that hump when

he was here. He is a solid NHL goalie, but when you grow up on Patrick Roy and witness the Nova star

that burnt out too quickly in Jose Theodore you grow to expect more than what Huet was giving us.

I was cautiously optimistic about Price even after the World Juniors. Too many Jimmy Waite, Manny Legace,

Trevor Kidd, Stephane Fiset nightmares over the years. But after what I witnessed in the AHL playoffs

I was 100% convinced.

I was sure he was ready for the NHL and after a month I was convinced that he was just as good as Huet.

Four months later he is better than Huet and has been unbelievable the last 6 weeks.

Stats don't tell the whole story for me. And even though I know people view goalies in a different light, when

December rolled around I saw it as akin to having Pierre Marc Bouchard as your number 1 centre and Sydney Crosby

as your #2 because you were afraid to rush the kid and put pressure on him.

Price is a young Superstar in the making and the mancrush has just begun. Move over Pierre Maguire :)

What's with all the call-ups? Even with our injuries, wouldn't that put us over the limit? Also, who got sent back down? I assume Halak for one, but why?

There's no limit after the trade deadline. I would imagine most of them are simply there for the experience, and for bodies in practice if the vets take a day off.

I wonder if we'll keep playing possum with the Bruins tomorrow. I mean, really... we're playing our 4th line for about 10 minutes per game. No wonder we're not scoring much. But who needs to since the Bruins have virtually no skill... it's banging and that's about it. Why they would bench Kessel when they can't score. Not a clue. Oh well, all the better for us...

Habs 4

Bruins 1

What's with all the call-ups? Even with our injuries, wouldn't that put us over the limit? Also, who got sent back down? I assume Halak for one, but why?

I remember in the 86 playoffs, the Habs used a whole bunch of fresh call-ups now and then. Steve Rooney, Randy Bucyk, David Maley, Serge Boisvert, etc. Sometimes one kid can be so energized to see a game in the playoffs that it rubs off the rest of the team.

Habs 5 broons 2

goals from Lapierre, Kovalev, A. Kostitsyn (2), Komi (EN)

Kopstop slugs Lucic with a right hook

Carbo wears his rainbow tie

Price is one of the funniest interviews I've ever seen. His calmness is just surreal...it really is remarkable.

The Bs will leave it all on the ice, so the Habs had better be prepared to go to war. :hockey:

LOVE the shot of Begin vs. Chara!

In regards to the push them over!

Carbo, "The Bruins look thristy!"

Muller, "Well lets give them a drink!!"

The Habs then push the Bruins to defeat with their mighty bladed sticks.

3PUBF-0004.jpg

:hlogo:

Edited by The-Habby2919

In regards to the push them over!

Carbo, "The Bruins look thristy!"

Muller, "Well lets give them a drink!!"

The Habs then push the Bruins to defeat with their mighty bladed sticks.

3PUBF-0004.jpg

:hlogo:

I think I am done with 300 references after what the Sens pulled on Monday night :lol:

Edited by Wamsley01

I think I am done with 300 references after what the Sens pulled on Monday night :lol:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding me? The guy that came up with that idea must be shot. I'd be wearing a paper bag on my head if I was a Sens fan, and not because they got swept.

OMG..

I'm at work and I just saw this with no sound, and I am embarrased. I can imagine how bad it is when u actually hear it.

What a disgrace

that has got to be the stupidest opening to a game I have ever seen. Now they really look ridiculous. :lol: