Sens vs Devils (Devils win series 4-3)

puck7x

Sens lead the series 1 game to none.

Game two tonight in Ottawa @ 8PM est...

Devils are going to make two lineup changes , out are Oleg "captain giveaway" Tverdovsky & Ken "I played in the 1920's" Daneyko and in are R.Smehlik and T.Albelin...

Changes shouldnt make much of a difference , Ottawa has way too much skill and depth (and killer speed) ...

Prediction : 5-3 Sens

[Edited on 2003/5/24 by puck7x]

Series tied at 1.... Redden will play tonight despite having an injured knee (thanks to Stevenson)

I expect the Sens to come out strong tonight and win (at least I hope they win) ....

:/)

Devils won the game 1-0 , pretty boring game.... Devils lead series 2-1

[Edited on 2003/5/16 by puck7x]

2 strories of the game so far....

- Lalime has been horrible

- Refs have been awful

Lalime let in 2 weak goals (yet again) , I have zero confidence in him anymore , if the sens win the series it will not be thanks to Lalime.

And now the refs... I had already had my suspicions but now I am convinced... THE NEW-JERSEY MOB CONTROLS THE NHL REFEREES!

How else can you explain the constant flow of Senators to the box (All of them getting questionable calls) .... How about the fact that only the Sens players get called for retaliation penalties? How about the missed calls on the jersey players? Hossa got a stick in the face late in the period... Where was the penalty?

BTW : Kerry Fraser , lives in NJ... (And refs a lagre amount of their home games , though not todays) :mad:

Devils lead the series 3 games to 2...

Spezza with 2 points (1+1) , my question is ... Why didnt they play him earlier? He played a great game.

The good part of tonights game was that the refs called a FAIR game (maybe cause they were in Ottawa and not NJ?)

BTW : I hate Niedermayer , geez he is one dirty player , plus he's overrated... (Now I realize why Tie :monkey: elbowed him...) ;) , not that it makes it right though...

[Edited on 2003/5/21 by puck7x]

Devils lead the series 2 games to 1...  

If Sens wins Game 5, how can NJ lead the series 2-1???

Hey Puck, didja learn to count at the Don Cherry Academy of Mathematics? (you know... the infamous too-many-men penalty... aaaaah, nevermind)

Its late, I'm drunk. :guru: :guru: :guru: :guru: :guru:

Heeeyyyy... wait a second. That smiley :guru: is named Guru!!!

Is this one named KoZed? :king: Noooo! You bastard guys! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Name this one :contract: "Brisebois' agent". :lol:

Originally posted by KoZed

Devils lead the series 2 games to 1...  

Heeeyyyy... wait a second. That smiley :guru: is named Guru!!!

Is this one named KoZed? :king: Noooo! You bastard guys! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Name this one :contract: "Brisebois' agent". :lol:

hehehe... It'll be a good inside joke a few years from now :D

BTW : Thanks for pointing out my error! (Damn I really love the edit function , who did I ever get by without it on ESPN? lol)

Originally posted by KoZed

Sens wins game 5

1, 2, 3, 4, 5...  

3+1=4

NJ leads series 3 games to 2

Hmmm maybe I am the drunk one? lol...

I think I got it right THIS time!

(I think I got it confused with the dogs series)

Sens win game #6 by a score of 2-1 (OT) , Chris Phillips with the OT winner...

The overtime was surprisingly very exciting (considering the teams that were in it) , Brodeur had a very lucky game , the Sens hit about 3-4 posts/crossbars in the game. And is it just me or is Z.Chara playing like garbage? I get nervous everytime the guy touches the puck , he's making poor decisions , poor passes , plus (though I guess this isnt his fault) his sticks keep breaking.

Big credit to Lalime for coming up big (like I said he had to) tonight... :clap:

Anyways Go Sens! (Mostly because I hate the devils)

[Edited on 2003/5/22 by puck7x]

Lalime got some help from his goalposts too...

The Devils could of easily won the game too, but in the end it was the Sens who were more oppurtunistic.

At least we're seeing two quality teams that matchup well against each other!

You guys see Nieuwendyk be helped off the bench after the OT winner?... it was symbolic of what this game meant.

NJ put everything they had into tonight... they knew tonight was their last best chance to make it to the Finals. By winning tonight the Sens have won the series.

Who would have thought Roger Nielsen would be the guy to decide the series... it's his speech that finally got Ottawa going, and saving Martin's job in the process.

P.S. And I'm doubly happy since I needed Ottawa to win for me to have a shot at winning the playoff pool. :-^

Since I live in Ottawa I have become a temporary Sens fan, but I don't get close to the excitement that the Habs gave me last year.

If only I had money I would die to see a game #7 and the fans there at the Corel are great. I was there for game 5 of the Islanders series though but the emotions were not the same like this series.

Since I live in Ottawa I have become a temporary Sens fan, but I don't get close to the excitement that the Habs gave me last year.  

If only I had money I would die to see a game #7 and the fans there at the Corel are great. I was there for game 5 of the Islanders series though but the emotions were not the same like this series.

yeah, i think there's a lot of "temporary Sens fans" here (or maybe anti-devils lol). I'm expecting a great game tonight.

It's time for alfie and/or white to step up tonight. It was about time J.Martin dresses Spezza

Ottawa played one hell of a game #7 and deserved a better fate , but luck wasnt on their side tonight....

Good news though , Habs are STILL the last Canadian team to win the stanley cup .... And hopefully the next.

Credit to the devils though...

Stanley Cup Finals : Ducks vs Devils

Go :monkey:'s!

[Edited on 2003/5/24 by puck7x]

The 2 dullest teams make it to the finals... just great.

I was wrong, I was certain Ottawa would win... they played great but took 5 mins off to start the 2nd and then a brain cramp at the end of the game.

Besides that they played awesome and deserved the win.

I'm glad I'm not a Sens fan, or I would be really pissed seeing a Cup slip through my fingers like that.

I hope the next series ends in 4 games... it's gonna be a bore-fest.

Ducks in 5.

The Devils wern't lucky: they just plain battled back and found a way to win, once again. That's the sign of a true champion team.

I'm happy that the team I was rooting for won but at the same time am wondering how the heck will Ottawa regain their confidence, which has been SHATTERED year after year after year...

New Jersey isn't a big market team that throws their money away. They develop through the draft and let high priced talent like Mogilny, Lemieux, Malakhov go.

Headcases like Arnott and Danton are shown out of the door, and two of their highest paid players are NJ draft picks.

Say what you want about their boring style (although you're an idiot if you think this series was boring) but there must be a reason why every organisation ranks the Devils as a model.

Why are the Devils my 2nd fav. team behind the Habs?

Simple: I wish that one day we will have a team with the same structure and discipline in terms of management and player intensity as the Devils do year after year.

Yeah everyone wanted Ottawa ''small budget team'' to win, but if the Sens had the financial ressources of the Devils of a few years ago, do you think they would still have such a small payroll and not be tempted by UFA's?

That was a great series!

:wall::wall::wall:

I don't know about other Habs fans but I kind of like the Sens and the strides that they've made as an organization. Are the Sens a preview of the kind of team that AS is putting together?

Saw most of the first period and they came out guns-a-blazing but couldn't keep up the pressure against the playoff-savvy :devil:s. Too bad they couldn't pull it off this year 'cause next year they'll have the resurgent :hlogo:s to deal with.

:ghg:

Originally posted by Markov79

1.) New Jersey isn't a big market team that throws their money away. They develop through the draft and let high priced talent like Mogilny, Lemieux, Malakhov go.  

2.) Headcases like Arnott and Danton are shown out of the door, and two of their highest paid players are NJ draft picks.  

3.) Why are the Devils my 2nd fav. team behind the Habs?  

Simple: I wish that one day we will have a team with the same structure and discipline in terms of management and player intensity as the Devils do year after year.  

'You're an idiot if you thought this series was boring'

1.) Malakhov isn't really high priced. Neither is Lemieux (Claude). I think you mean dead-wood like Dykhuis or locker-room breakers like Juneau.

2.) Arnott a headcase? I don't think so. Don't know about you, but having him on this team would be great. There's more than one reason for Dallas moving Turgeon: Arnott's taking his place.

3.) I don't think I'd like to be like the Devils. Sure, they're super-disciplined, but it leads to boring hockey. The series was only fun to watch when the goals were scored. No end-to-end, firewagon hockey here. I think I'd prefer a 6-5 game over a 2-1 game anytime. We all love Jose, but as long as he gets the win, it's all good.

My 2nd favourite team are the L.A. Kings. Watching their No.1 line (Deadmarsh-Allison-Palffy) is incredible. I can't wait till we have some polished wingers to help Koivu.

But for the Devils being exciting? I don't think so.

Devils outplayed Ottawa

If outplayed means getting severely outchanced by the opposition, barely hanging on all night only to score 3 goals in the 5 mins you actually managed to control the play.... then yes NJ outplayed Ottawa last night.

Now onto the Finals, where I got a feeling my insomnia will mysteriously be cured... only to return once the playoffs are over. :zzz:

I find it funny that people are jealous of teams that win...

They just put it in their mind that they hate a certain team and then their arguments are weak as hell...

If I was a Sens fan I'd at least have a certain amount of respect for the better team that won. (In case some of you forgot usually the team that beats the other team is called ''the winner'')

example: I hate the Flyers, but I would respect them if they beat the Habs.

I find it funny that people are jealous of teams that win...

They just put it in their mind that they hate a certain team and then their arguments are weak as hell...

If I was a Sens fan I'd at least have a certain amount of respect for the better team that won. (In case some of you forgot usually the team that beats the other team is called ''the winner'')

example: I hate the Flyers, but I would respect them if they beat the Habs.

Ever heard expression "the best team doesn't always win" or "that's why they play the games"... well that's what happened last night.

In no way shape of form did NJ "outplay" Ottawa last night... to even suggest it is comical.

They got lucky last night. On the other hand Ottawa have only themselves to blame for waiting until the series was 3-1 before they actually started playing like they cared.

I blame Martin for that, and he wasn't even the one that woke them up, it took a dying Roger Nielsen to get them going... pathetic.

I'm not a fan of either team btw... so your "jealousy' argument is what is "weak as hell" :eyes:.

I'm simply disappointed the best team didn't win, and so I'll be stuck watching TWO amazingly boring teams face each other in the final... :puke:

[Edited on 25-5-03 by Habs77]