Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs Boston Bruins | 04/19/08

KoZed

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who let Don Cherry in here to spam the board?

That attitude is so ridiculous. Canada got eliminated by the Russians in the last Olympics and lost to the Swiss.

They also lost to the Czech Republic in 1998.

But I am sure it only applies to the Stanley Cup playoffs right.

I really hope a team with a Euro captain wins the cup this year to put the "Europeans can't play in the playoffs" stupidity to bed once and for all.

Well guys no excuses next game, we're at home, we can still do this. It's a team that we beat 13 straight times untill game 3, we know how to win against this team. They can do it, we just gotta show up and play our game, no more ######in periods off! And I have decided to watch game 7 on rds on monday, gotta change it up a little, plus I don't wanna listen to Cherry anymore, this is the start of my CBC boycott.

The odds are now about 75-25 against us in my opinion. We have simply had NO response to the Bruins, not since Game 2. For a while we squeaked by on stellar efforts from our auxilliary D and our checking lines. Then, predictably, that dried up, and so did we.

We have a right to be irked at Carbo. He seems to have made absolutely no adjustments to the game plan...night after night, the same things keep happening. He will learn from this, boy will he ever, but if last season is any clue, his learning curve tends to flatline for a long spell and then spike massively upwards. Meaning there will be no answers from that quarter in Game 7.

The ONLY real bright spot is that Higgins, Koivu and Pleks were all back to form tonight. That's the only thing I can cling to...the idea that some of our offensive players are set to step it up after taking the entire series off.

And hey, put Ryder back in, too. Yeah, he's sucked, but the whole team has - may as well hope he pots one.

Now that I think about it, game 7 could be time for Price to literally steal the series. :ghg:

Or maybe, and more realistically, it's time for the rest of the team to pick up the slack and actually play well.

Lots of people will blame Price for a few of those goals, but those that know hockey will understand that it's not fair to blame the goalie when he's hung out to dry with cross ice passes and guys with 20 seconds unmolested in front of him. Completely gutless team effort and people who are blaming Price are taking the easy way out.

The first goal looked kind of soft but it was because Gorges changed the puck direction and Price couldn't reset.

The Lucic goal bounced off the ice, and changed direction twice.

The Kessel tap in and Price being hung out to dry finish up the third.

The scariest thing is that I figured when the ice opened up the Habs would be able to dominate, well the ice has

been wide open in Game 5 and 6 and they have been outscored 10-5.

Boston deserves to win this series. They have had the better scoring opportunities, dictated the pace and Carbo

has not made one proper counter adjustment.

But the Habs have ONE more opportunity to grow some ######ing balls and salvage their season.

10 goals in two games and price made some miraculous stops!

Now that's a situation to panic at for the D-men.

The bears are filled will hatred and we let them get to us... shame shame.

What good the regular season did for us against them. I think this is a conspiracy ? anyone?

Edited by jrhabs

Come on guys we gotta believe they can still get this done, I don't care if they go out in the second round. Just don't collapse like this. We can still win this series, it just doesn't look as easy as it was a few games ago. Kovy was pretty invisible out there, but there havent been too many occasions this year where he played 2 stinkers in a row.

ok... the steampressure is lowering and time to look at the brightness. There is no way in hell we can play worse than this and we just got a 1 goal loss from it. All we need to do is play a tiny bit better next game to win it and Price must be crazy now and will have a great game 7. We win the next game and from that we gain loads of morale and play even better the next series. This isnt just a wish... it will be truth and a fact in a few days, just watch.

The odds are now about 75-25 against us in my opinion. We have simply had NO response to the Bruins, not since Game 2. For a while we squeaked by on stellar efforts from our auxilliary D and our checking lines. Then, predictably, that dried up, and so did we.

We have a right to be irked at Carbo. He seems to have made absolutely no adjustments to the game plan...night after night, the same things keep happening. He will learn from this, boy will he ever, but if last season is any clue, his learning curve tends to flatline for a long spell and then spike massively upwards. Meaning there will be no answers from that quarter in Game 7.

The ONLY real bright spot is that Higgins, Koivu and Pleks were all back to form tonight. That's the only thing I can cling to...the idea that some of our offensive players are set to step it up after taking the entire series off.

And hey, put Ryder back in, too. Yeah, he's sucked, but the whole team has - may as well hope he pots one.

I don't know how much Carbonneau can do. In regards to switching up the forecheck, yes, he can and should do something to try and bust open the neutral zone and get some offensive play going. But a lot of the problem tonight was shoddy and I mean shoddy defensive zone coverage - blown assignments, players falling all over the ice, and failing to clear the puck. Clearing the puck is the very definition of a basic hockey play. It's shocking that everyone from the 20 year olds to the 35 year olds couldn't put that one together.

The first goal looked kind of soft but it was because Gorges changed the puck direction and Price couldn't reset.

The Lucic goal bounced off the ice, and changed direction twice.

The Kessel tap in and Price being hung out to dry finish up the third.

The scariest thing is that I figured when the ice opened up the Habs would be able to dominate, well the ice has

been wide open in Game 5 and 6 and they have been outscored 10-5.

Boston deserves to win this series. They have had the better scoring opportunities, dictated the pace and Carbo

has not made one proper counter adjustment.

But the Habs have ONE more opportunity to grow some ######ing balls and salvage their season.

This series should already have been won by the Bruins IMO. Price stole games 2 & 4. With the exception of game 1, the Habs haven't deserved a win...let's hope either Price has one more steal left or maybe the team, and this is plain crazy, goes out and wins one for him!!!

Kovalev is an absolute quiter and a shame :angry:

A complete pussy and lazy loser and always will be.

He doesn't want to win at all, makes me want to :puke:

Kovy your a no-good lazy ######ing russian with no heart, desire, or committment.

RETIRE please.

(No sarcasm)

My only hope is Price stealing this sucker. The Bruins aggressive forecheck has taken its toll and the D is not willing to

pay the price to make the right play anymore.

Unfortunately I fully expect the Habs to hunker down and try to outbruin the Bruins on Monday and hope for a break

instead of going out and trying to establish their superiority with skating and speed.

I fully expect a repeat of Game 7 in 2004 in which the team that blinks first will lose.

Yet so very true.

Have to check if there is an ignore feature on this board becaus I dont like people who are as ignorant as Hitler and I tend to just get in nasty discussions with them EVEN if its just sports.

Ill just do it anyway. /ignore

One thing's for sure. This series could be the beginning of an awesome, major-league rivalry between two very promising young teams. This could be a major marquee matchup for the next decade.

My only hope is Price stealing this sucker. The Bruins aggressive forecheck has taken its toll and the D is not willing to

pay the price to make the right play anymore.

Unfortunately I fully expect the Habs to hunker down and try to outbruin the Bruins on Monday and hope for a break

instead of going out and trying to establish their superiority with skating and speed.

I fully expect a repeat of Game 7 in 2004 in which the team that blinks first will lose.

I agree man. The d was absolutely dreadful. Looking closer into this series, Boston just very obviously wants it more.

But it's not that MTL isn't giving it their all, ...they are. It's just that , for some reason, MTL cant keep up with Boston's tempo.

Sad that we have to put ALL the pressure (Again) on Price to literally "steal" a win.

This series should already have been won by the Bruins IMO. Price stole games 2 & 4. With the exception of game 1, the Habs haven't deserved a win...let's hope either Price has one more steal left or maybe the team, and this is plain crazy, goes out and wins one for him!!!

Yes it should have been. But they lack the killer instinct.

They got the early goal, they responded immediately to the 1-1 goal, they responded immediately to the 2-2 goal

and they still could not dig down deep and play 7 strong minutes.

Unfortunately they don't deserve to win this series. Things that I looked upon as character strengths now look like

massive red flags that were camoflagued but Price's outstanding play.

Paging Mr. Gainey, please report to the Habs bench for Game 7.....

FIRE GUY, he's LOST! He's had 6 games to figure out the "new look" Bruins and still we're pathetic in our own end.

Had to go blow off some steam on the treadmill.................

I agree man. The d was absolutely dreadful. Looking closer into this series, Boston just very obviously wants it more.

But it's not that MTL isn't giving it their all, ...they are. It's just that , for some reason, MTL cant keep up with Boston's tempo.

Sad that we have to put ALL the pressure (Again) on Price to literally "steal" a win.

The only guys who I feel would put their face in front of the puck to stop an empty netter are

Begin, Kostopolous, Lapierre, Smolinski, Brisebois, Hamrlik, Gorges, Plekanec and Komisarek

Koivu would but just cannot match the intensity because he is rusty. The D wants to do the right thing

they just have been beaten up for 6 games and are running on empty.

You need everybody willing to put it on the line every shift. Look how much the Bruins have accomplished

because of this.

This is looking alot like Ottawa/Toronto right now

Edited by Wamsley01

Well, no goalie can steal a win with that kind of defensive coverage. That was as bad as our worst game of last season, defensively speaking. I maintain that we'll live or die by improving our D and by building on tonight's improvement from some of our key forwards. (Except Kovy, who took a huge step backward tonight). If we improve our coverage by about 15%, we may well win.

The Bruins are simply playing out of their minds. In their heads this is now Czechoslovakia vs. the USSR in 1968, or the Miracle on Ice, or the Habs in 2002 - pick a Cinderella run of your choice. When a team acquires that level of manic intensity and self-belief, it doesn't matter how bad they are, they become almost impossible to beat. It's like they're possessed. In THAT sense we should keep things in perspective: the Bs are NOT as good as they're playing right now, and we're not as bad. The *real* mistake was in not having the experience or will to prevent it from getting to this point.

I said going into the series, in one of the threads, that the big danger was that we'd be 1. too inexperienced and 2. too overconfident, and wouldn't take the bruins seriously enough; and if that happened, we'd unleash a perfect storm of rattled Habs and over-excited and massively energized Bruins. Lo and behold. :angry: Now we're reaping the whirlwind and just have to ride it out.