What do we need to do for next year?

Yeah, yeah, maybe I'm premature. Maybe we'll win Game 7 and go on a helluva run. It's possible - you CAN rattle off Cup-winning teams that have survived disastrous first rounds and gone on to win it all. Think Calgary in 1989, for instance.

But I'm assuming that Game 7 will be just like Games 2-6 in this series. The Bruins outhit, outwork, outmuscle, and outcoach us for 3/4 of the night. Maybe we squeak out a win, maybe we don't, but at the end of the day we're exposed as pretenders not contenders.

So: you're Gainey. What's your next move? Patience (it's a learning experience)? Identifying players who showed no character or resilience in this series (e.g., A. Kostytsin, Streit) and move them or not re-sign them? Going out to address weakness X? If so, which one?

Take it, Habsworld! :lol:

A NEW COACH, one who can show other teams different looks. One who'll hold every player accountable for their play (especially in our own end!)

Wow, that's last on my list. Guy has been great this year and is learning invaluable lessons that will tranlsate into victories in next years' playoffs. Firing him would be a huuuuuge mistake.

Some more experience to the guys we have on the team. Id love to see what the kostitsyns and Higgins and the others will improve for next season.

I'd give serious thought to moving A. Kostystin. Not in the summer, but in the midst of next season, when he is again looking like a star. His playoff performance has been an absolute abomination...he looks like he wishes he were golfing. He is scared, IMHO. I fear we've got the newest version of Lagislav Nagy, and if so, we should get rid of him before next year's playoffs.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I'd give serious thought to moving A. Kostystin. Not in the summer, but in the midst of next season, when he is again looking like a star. His playoff performance has been an absolute abomination...he looks like he wishes he were golfing. He is scared, IMHO. I fear we've got the newest version of Lagislav Nagy, and if so, we should get rid of him before next year's playoffs.

Same things were said about Stevie Y and Daniel Alfreddson and plenty of other NHLers.

Yzerman is now recognized as one of the best leaders and Alfie was unbelievable last year.

I would not sign him to a massive deal by any means, but I would give the kid a second chance.

Same things were said about Stevie Y and Daniel Alfreddson and plenty of other NHLers.

Yzerman is now recognized as one of the best leaders and Alfie was unbelievable last year.

I would not sign him to a massive deal by any means, but I would give the kid a second chance.

Sensible of course...I'm just shocked at his game. His brother is hustling, just honestly struggling. The same has been true of Pleks and Higgins. What bothers me about Kosty the Elder is that he has completely evaporated. Doesn't even look like he wants to be there. Not even trying to do anything, just trying to avoid getting hit. I'm not sure this was ever true of Stevie Y or even a guy like Datsyuk. However, Bob's got the reins, and not me - thank God. :lol:

To those of you who don't think we need a Perros, Laroque, Orr, Brashear?

YOUR WRONG.

Lucic would be solved, our D would not need to piss themselves and pussy out every time Lucic is on the ice (excluding Komi).

We don't need Softy euros like A kost, or Streit :angry:

Stop the bullcrap guys.

I'm banning myself until after the game on Monday. I can't read this SHlT anymore. Sure we are having problems. Our young guys are learning what the play-offs are about. We didn't expect this great season, and now on the verge of being eliminated all the dicks you had in your mouth the entire year need to be traded or tossed away. They are getting experience......that's what it's all about.

A "what do we need to do for next year" thread just before game 7 ? What a Joke!!!!!!! It's getting tiring sifting through 20-30 posts to read something that is actually of any substance.

Take a Xanax and start discussing the draft of 2009 and what we'll to do with the 2nd round pick we got for Huet,, In the mean time I'll be watching the Habs battle it out in game seven and getting ready for the second round.

WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys kill me.

Stop the bullcrap guys.

I'm banning myself until after the game on Monday. I can't read this SHlT anymore. Sure we are having problems. Our young guys are learning what the play-offs are about. We didn't expect this great season, and now on the verge of being eliminated all the dicks you had in your mouth the entire year need to be traded or tossed away. They are getting experience......that's what it's all about.

A "what do we need to do for next year" thread just before game 7 ? What a Joke!!!!!!! It's getting tiring sifting through 20-30 posts to read something that is actually of any substance.

Take a Xanax and start discussing the draft of 2009 and what we'll to do with the 2nd round pick we got for Huet,, In the mean time I'll be watching the Habs battle it out in game seven and getting ready for the second round.

WE WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys kill me.

Excellent post! I'll join you in the self ban and come back after we win and watch the same doom and gloomers tell us what a great team this is. Nice weather we're having...well, fair weather any way :lol: :lol: :lol: