2008 NFL Draft

nhfarber

Get used to that, Dolphin fans. =D

Oh yeah, loved this quote from him too when Deion interviewed him after the Jets took him.

"So, what can Jets fans expect from you?"

"A Super Bowl within the next few years, if not this year"

I'm not gonna delude myself into thinking the Jets are a contender but thats a hell of an attitude, I'm excited now.

Edited by jetsniper

Is Jake Long all that he's cracked up to be?

Was the clear top lineman in the draft, but I don't think he's quite on the same level as Joe Thomas. Then again, my most recent memory of Long was watching Gholston pretty much dominate him, giving up his only sack of the season in the process.

Weird Mike. :P

Anyways, I'm liking what the Pats have done so far for the most part.

Haha, the Pats screwed up trading down. They were assuming Rivers would still be there and had to settle with Mayo. Still addresses their need but I don't know how good he's gonna be. I'll agree they're still having a good draft though, I think Crable will be a better linebacker for them then Mayo.

I liked trading up and grabbing Keller too. TE was already a need before Chris Baker decided he was a superstar. I'm not sure what Keller's blocking is like though, I think he's more of a catching TE. We haven't really had a lot of good players there for a while. I still shudder at trading our 1st for Doug Jolley, ugh.

Haha, the Pats screwed up trading down. They were assuming Rivers would still be there and had to settle with Mayo. Still addresses their need but I don't know how good he's gonna be. I'll agree they're still having a good draft though, I think Crable will be a better linebacker for them then Mayo.

I liked trading up and grabbing Keller too. TE was already a need before Chris Baker decided he was a superstar. I'm not sure what Keller's blocking is like though, I think he's more of a catching TE. We haven't really had a lot of good players there for a while. I still shudder at trading our 1st for Doug Jolley, ugh.

I would agree with you but I'm clueless. I've slowly started to become more and more of a fan but when it comes down to the bare details of everything, I'm hopless. :lol: Last year I bought an NFL draft guide but this year I'm just going by reports I'm watching on NFL.com and by watching the NFL network. Watching Mike Mayock and Jamie Duke go at it is hilarious.

So the Jets take Erik Ainge...

We just drafted Eric Ainge. After years of hating him as a Vol, now he's on my favourite team. I think Ainge has a lot of potential should Clemens falter next season and this basically spells the end of Pennington in New York.

I would agree with you but I'm clueless. I've slowly started to become more and more of a fan but when it comes down to the bare details of everything, I'm hopless. :lol: Last year I bought an NFL draft guide but this year I'm just going by reports I'm watching on NFL.com and by watching the NFL network. Watching Mike Mayock and Jamie Duke go at it is hilarious.

So the Jets take Erik Ainge...

Haha, I've got NFLN on as well, Mayock makes me laugh.

See my comments on Ainge, Jets are having another good draft under Mangenious.

Poor Pennington.

Jets are up pretty much. Who do they take? Take a guess.. :o

Marcus Henry. Interesting.

A slow, possession receiver.

Blech.

Who were you hoping for?

Who were you hoping for?

Well it's the 6th round so I didn't really have any preference. If you look at once of my earlier posts in this thread though, I mention the Jets have a lot of possession receivers and we needed a speedy deep threat to stretch the field since Clemens has a cannon for an arm. With only 1 pick left in the draft, it didn't make sense to me to waste on something we already have a lot of who can do it better (Coles+Cotchery...in Cotch's defence though, he's got some decent speed)

Well it's the 6th round so I didn't really have any preference. If you look at once of my earlier posts in this thread though, I mention the Jets have a lot of possession receivers and we needed a speedy deep threat to stretch the field since Clemens has a cannon for an arm. With only 1 pick left in the draft, it didn't make sense to me to waste on something we already have a lot of who can do it better (Coles+Cotchery...in Cotch's defence though, he's got some decent speed)

Yea, makes sense.

Hahaha, Lowery just posted on gfaqs again and now all the Jets fans are clamoring to talk to him and sucking up. This is still so friggin weird, I kinda know someone on the Jets.

Go paint your face green and start running through the streets yelling "I KINDA KNOW A JETS PLAYER!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH SUCKERS!!!!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!!!!"

Go paint your face green and start running through the streets yelling "I KINDA KNOW A JETS PLAYER!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAH SUCKERS!!!!! THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!!!!"

Haha, I don't really want to get locked up in a loony bin though.

Pretty meh 7th round pick but I guess you can never have too much OL. Hopefully Jones can atleast have a season thats expected of him this year.

Listening to the conference call with Jerod Mayo and I'm impressed. The guy's got great character and also quite funny. After hearing BB's comments as well, I think this is a terrific pick.

Add in Wheatley, Crable and Wilhite and the defence looks a lot younger and faster. Kevin O'Connell's a good value pick and Slater's a tough fast special teams player as well. Bo Ruud to be honest, I really know nothing about besides the fact he's the younger brother of Buc's linebacker Barret Ruud....

Also aquiring another 2nd round pick for next years draft using that early 3rd was a good value move on top of all that so overall I'm quite happy.

I don't think that at all. It was no secret that the top two on the Bengals board were Ellis and Rivers. The Pats knew they were trading away Ellis, thus the Bengals would take Rivers. Plus, the Pats more immediate need was inside linebacker, as Bruschi and Seau are their two oldest linebackers. I think their top choice was Mayo, who is already familiar with playing inside.

Fairly happy with the Bills draft. They got a top 7 talent and top CB in the draft without having to move up in McKelvin. Then they grab the 6'6 skyscraper in James Hardy who will be a beast in the red zone. Second day was interesting... Ellis hopefully will be a good pass rusher and they took some interesting developmental picks in rounds 4-7.

I am pretty happy with the Broncos draft after some early complaints.

1st Round: Ryan Clady, many consider to have a higher ceiling than Jake Long and could be the best pure LT to come out of this draft.

2nd Round: Eddie Royal, a project WR but a great kick returner. Definatly owes his paycheck to Devin Hester

4th Round: Kory Lichtensteiger, a OG/C just depth to back up our aging centre and left guard.

4th Round: Jack Williams, a really good CB who is crazy fast just really really short. Good value though.

5th Round: Ryan Torain, I admit first I did a "who the hell is Ryan Torain?" but after doing some research he looks like a solid back that is built for the Denver zone blocking scheme. Fell down the board due to lack of playing time last season becasue of injury.

6th Round: Carlton Powell, a undersized penetrating DT who is apparently good at stopping the run, can't wait to see him in training camp.

6th Round: Spencer Larsen, a run stuffing linebacker, terrible in coverage but hopefully can be special teams ace.

7th Round: Josh Barrett, a bit of a workout warrior but has the measureable to be great but not the instincts. Let him learn under John Lynch and see if he can become starter quality.

7th Round: Peyton Hillis, ranked in the 3rd round as a great blocking and receiving FB. There wasn't much need for FB but I'll take a guy like him in the 7th.

As a Jets fan I didn't mind the draft...they didn't have enough picks for me to find it really exciting.

I don't think the Pats traded down and still hoped to get Rivers...they reached bigtime in the first but the kid fills a big need for them. I put nothing past BB who has proven he can evaluate talent, both through the draft and in FA's.

I think the Jet's D is vastly improved this year but still have concern about not getting a viable CB in the draft.

Gholston helping the pass rush and an improved D-line should help off-set the concern but Gholston better get his motor going and beat back the naysayers.

The trade up for a TE is interesting. I'm not a fan of trading up for a TE at the end of the 1st round...this kid better be good. Seems like a real long-shot to make that kind of move for a TE that can't block...the Jet's O-line should be better this year so hopefully the kid can ease into learning how to block better and concentrate on his receiving which is what got him drafted.

It'll be really interesting to see if the Jets can start putting it together. Overall, I like the FA moves they made but I tend to be more biased with the Jets then I do with my other teams(Habs, Jays, Raptors)