HABS vs FLYERS • GAME THREAD • GAME 3

KoZed

Whether it should have been two, four or five minutes, it was a fine attempt by Hatcher to get the Habs back into the game. Just like Downey tried to spot us an early lead by tripping Price. Unfortunately we didn't take advantage ... :angry:

Again, I'm not here to troll, I like both teams a lot (one more than the other right now :D ), but Downie was going for the puck. If Saku did that to Biron, I would have said it was BS, hell, I thought that penalty on higgins was BS, but anyway, after that happened, 2 habs jumped him, and the habs get the PP? come on.

You are right. But it was a legit penalty

ohh I already stated that, but they were just interviewing Hatch here in Philly, and he said the ref told him he got a 2 min boarding call, Boullion shoved him, and the ref saw the spec of blood, and told Hatch he had 5 and a game. that is total garbage. once Boo Boo got up and shoved him, blood should have been a non factor.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What game are you watching? We hit 3 posts in the 1st. We totally dominated this game. If we get even mediocre goaltending, we win. (3 goals in 12 shots - you can't win with that kind of goaltending)

I like Price, I really do. But he's in a slump right now. Carbo has a tough decision to make for next game. He needs to start Halak. Price had his chance to shake off his bad streak tonight and it didn't happen. He's even lost his puck-handling ability, so you know he's really struggling. Not the kid's fault. It's tough facing the kind of pressure he's facing when you're 20. Start Halak. Give Price a breather. Don't destroy the kid by making him come up a cropper yet again in game 4.

Now maybe Halak has a bad game too. Who knows? But at least we have a chance at getting better goaltending. If both teams keep playing the way they have, we win with half decent goaltending. (Let's hope Philly isn't able to up their game - they've been pathetic for most of the series - Boston gave us a much tougher series - SO FAR!!!)

I wouldn't even be suggesting Halak if Price had only been bad 1 or 2 games. But look at the last 6 games: he's had ONE good game in those 6.

It's up to Carbo now. (Kinda reminds me of the gutsy move that Pittsburgh coach made in '91? 92? Replaced Tom Barasso with Pieterangelo for a couple of games until Barasso got his game back. Probably won them the cup because they would have been eliminated had he stayed with Barasso at that point in the playoffs.)

Glad I'm not the coach right now!!! :unsure:

- Jack

Not only that but Philadelphia doesn't know what halak's style is like and where his weaknesses are...he will pose new challenges for philly...If i were carbo I would totally throw Halak in...he's a guy with nothing to lose and a whole lot to gain. Give him a chance and i am sure he will respond

And if he has another mediocre game? Is Halak then the goalie of the future?

No, careers are not based on 1 game.

Price has earned the start and the confidence of his GM and coach.

Gainey takes heat for drafting him 5th overall, Price wins the WJC MVP and helps justify the selection.

Gainey tosses him into the fire as a 20 year old for the Bulldogs, and he wins the MVP and the Calder Cup.

Gainey trades Huet and annoints him the starter with no safety net and he plays great and leads them to

first in the Eastern Conference.

Carbo starts him in Game 7 after giving up 10 goals in the previous 2 games and he is dominant

in Game 7 earning a shutout.

If I was Gainey and Carbo I think I would trust in a kid who had yet to let me down in the crunch.

THAT is why I think he will start Game 4. It is the way Gainey operates, he does not make quick, rash decisions

based on some bad goals.

Again, I'm not here to troll, I like both teams a lot (one more than the other right now :D ), but Downie was going for the puck.

No trolling offence taken. But personally, if I were a Flyers fan, I would have have been major-league pissed off at Downey and Hatcher for those penalties. But then maybe they (Philly fans) are used to that kind of play, based on their regular-season penalty and suspension record ... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Ya know, the only time I remember feeling this ripped off was in 1998 when Hasek completely dominated the Habs and the Sabres swept us out of the 2nd round.

Martin Biron is NOT Dominik Hasek.

Yeah, Hasek is a Hall of Famer and was coming off doing the same thing to Canada at the Olympics that year.

He was at his apex at that time.

It was a BS call. Boullion spun at the last second. Granted, it was a board, but not worthy of 5 and a game. Boullion got right back up and even hit hatch right back. There was no intent to injure, and it wasn't even a vicious hit. and It's entirely possible that it was just the visor that cut him.

And Rafikz, how could you even suggest the refs handed the Flyers the game when the habs were on the PP for almost half of the game and getting away with everything?

your right. Gather some speed, and slam your forearms into the back of a players head into the glass cutting his forehead open. It's okay, afterall you didn't mean to hurt him. LOL If Bouillon was some soft player and lay there motionless after the hit it would be much more of an uproar and definitly suspendable.

Maxamillion, you are completely wrong about the 5 and a game in my opinion.

And you are very lucky Price is playing shitty or else it would be 3-0 habs.

We have almost doubled the Flyers in shots the past 2 games. The only difference has been Price, he could have gotten a couple shutouts if he was on top of his game.

Have faith, we will come back and win this series, believe guys.

:ghg:

Edited by MMPL

THAT is why I think he will start Game 4. It is the way Gainey operates, he does not make quick, rash decisions

based on some bad goals.

Not rash decisions, no. But the soft goals do span six games, and number in the double digits, so I do think Gainey and Carbo will be doing some thinking yet before making the final decision for the next game.

It was a BS call. Boullion spun at the last second. Granted, it was a board, but not worthy of 5 and a game. Boullion got right back up and even hit hatch right back. There was no intent to injure, and it wasn't even a vicious hit. and It's entirely possible that it was just the visor that cut him.

And Rafikz, how could you even suggest the refs handed the Flyers the game when the habs were on the PP for almost half of the game and getting away with everything?

Please guys DO NOT ANSWER THIS TROLL. I've been on the net since the early 90's, (Yeah, even before it got graphic - you had to know a bit of Unix) and the best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. They live for the reaction. They dry up when they're completely ignored...

Jack

your right. Gather some speed, and slam your forearms into the back of a players head into the glass cutting his forehead open. It's okay, afterall you didn't mean to hurt him. LOL If Bouillon was some soft player and lay there motionless after the hit it would be much more of an uproar and definitly suspendable.

Completely agreed. And whose saying it isn't suspendable, if it's reg. season it is definitely suspendable, maybe playoffs too.

I'm not doing the Game 4 gamethread.

It's time someone else steps up and change our luck.

I'm 1-0 with gamethreads (granted it was vs. LA). I know that others have expressed an interest, but I thought you all should know that I can be available if necessary.

Please guys DO NOT ANSWER THIS TROLL. I've been on the net since the early 90's, (Yeah, even before it got graphic - you had to know a bit of Unix) and the best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them. They live for the reaction. They dry up when they're completely ignored...

Agreed. (On the net since '84)

What game are you watching? We hit 3 posts in the 1st. We totally dominated this game. If we get even mediocre goaltending, we win. (3 goals in 12 shots - you can't win with that kind of goaltending)

I like Price, I really do. But he's in a slump right now. Carbo has a tough decision to make for next game. He needs to start Halak. Price had his chance to shake off his bad streak tonight and it didn't happen. He's even lost his puck-handling ability, so you know he's really struggling. Not the kid's fault. It's tough facing the kind of pressure he's facing when you're 20. Start Halak. Give Price a breather. Don't destroy the kid by making him come up a cropper yet again in game 4.

Now maybe Halak has a bad game too. Who knows? But at least we have a chance at getting better goaltending. If both teams keep playing the way they have, we win with half decent goaltending. (Let's hope Philly isn't able to up their game - they've been pathetic for most of the series - Boston gave us a much tougher series - SO FAR!!!)

I wouldn't even be suggesting Halak if Price had only been bad 1 or 2 games. But look at the last 6 games: he's had ONE good game in those 6.

It's up to Carbo now. (Kinda reminds me of the gutsy move that Pittsburgh coach made in '91? 92? Replaced Tom Barasso with Pieterangelo for a couple of games until Barasso got his game back. Probably won them the cup because they would have been eliminated had he stayed with Barasso at that point in the playoffs.)

Glad I'm not the coach right now!!! :unsure:

- Jack

I don't understand how Price was terrible in Game 1? Breezer tipped one in, another was a one timer from the slot

that went top shelf. The 3rd goal was not great, but was also unfortunate.

I also disagree about Game 6 in round 1.

But 50% over the last 6 games is not good enough, so I understand the point. But I think he gets one more shot before

Gainey and Carbo shuffle the deck.

As for Pieterangelo, I remember it being a Barrasso injury and not a Johnson decision. I could be wrong though.

Completely agreed. And whose saying it isn't suspendable, if it's reg. season it is definitely suspendable, maybe playoffs too.

nope, Boo boo wasn't seriously hurt, and we all know that the league doesn't punish intent, only results. There won't be any suspension.

Jack

I don't think he is a troll. He is not flaming and he is not being unreasonable. I can see his point,

but I think it was the right call

No trolling offence taken. But personally, if I were a Flyers fan, I would have have been major-league pissed off at Downey and Hatcher for those penalties. But then maybe they (Philly fans) are used to that kind of play, based on their regular-season penalty and suspension record ... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I haven't been big on Downie (he's got talent, but no brain.), but in that case I thought it was a little weak.

And just for the record, As a whole, Philly fans thought Boulerice Cote and Jones got what they deserved, but Downie and Hartnell got the shaft pretty hard.

I haven't been big on Downie (he's got talent, but no brain.), but in that case I thought it was a little weak.

And just for the record, As a whole, Philly fans thought Boulerice Cote and Jones got what they deserved, but Downie and Hartnell got the shaft pretty hard.

Really? They though Downie got hit to hard?

That was one of the dirtiest hits I have ever seen. But that is the type of player Downie was in junior.

That wisdom would have put Halak in Game 7. This is about winning a series, but it is also about

experience. If Gainey feels that Price is the goalie of the future he will give him another shot and

see what he is made of. He has responded all year and if he does not on Wednesday then you will

see Halak.

From Gainey and Carbo's history this season, it is most likely that Price will start.

No, the situations are different. Boston outplayed us in one of those games and was equal in the other. Besides that, Price had played brilliantly in the 4 games previous. Players go in streaks, and Price was just on the down side of that blazing hot streak he was on at the start of the playoffs. There was no way, I (or anyone else) would call for Halak in game 7.

Now however, he's in a cold streak, where he's only played 1 good game in the last 6. Not only that, we're losing games that we're dominating, unlike the Boston series. It's time to sit him before it's too late. (For god's sake, look at his puck-handling to see how far his confidence is shot.)

Put Halak in, give Price a break. Depending on how well Halak plays in game 4, you can decide whether you bring Price back or continue with Halak in game 5. We need to win the series guys, and price doesn't look ready to do that at this point...

- Jack

Jack

I don't think I've been a troll. I haven't been here going "LOL HABZ SUCKZORS!!!!!!11!!!!" I'm here because I like both teams and you guys were welcoming when I first posted here about contacting habs players. Just stirring up some discussion, and offering up an opposing viewpoint. there's a guy on the flyers board i frequent that's a habs fan and he's been doing the same thing. It's all for the love of the game guys!

I'm not doing the Game 4 gamethread.

It's time someone else steps up and change our luck.

sorry kozed i feel like i talked you into this but hey new face better results still love your game threads

:puke:

Really? They though Downie got hit to hard?

That was one of the dirtiest hits I have ever seen. But that is the type of player Downie was in junior.

It was sensationalized because of the result. He deserved 5 games, not 20. It was no different than the hit Colby Armstrong laid on Koivu in 04 or 05, but Koivu bounced right back up. as a matter of fact, Armstrong made a living delivering hits like that, and even knocked 2 guys out cold on very similar hits with no repercussions.

It was sensationalized because of the result. He deserved 5 games, not 20. It was no different than the hit Colby Armstrong laid on Koivu in 04 or 05, but Koivu bounced right back up. as a matter of fact, Armstrong made a living delivering hits like that, and even knocked 2 guys out cold on very similar hits with no repercussions.

I don't think that Armstrong hit was the same. Koivu had the puck and it was shoulder to shoulder.

Downie left his feet, it was a head shot and McAmmond did not have the puck

Armstrong didn't leave his feet.

Maybe Ryder deserves a shot. Put him with kovy and saku. At least he can hit an open net

You know, it's friggin' true. The one thing that has prevented us from winning the last 2 games, is burying our chances. So what do we do....we bench our consecutive leading goal scorer, indefinitely. I think he's earned the right to get a chance after 5 games out, and our offense struggling.