Hello

Dutch_Habs_Fan

SO finally found this forum, kinda tired of the ESPN Board (nothing serious is going on there anymore, euhm did it ever;))

Already found some serious interesting news here. Since i have more time lately i will post more on boards, i didn't post much on he ESPN board, but i've been there for a while.

I already missed a lot of posters on that board, so now i know where they went.

Think this board owns the place, looks the same like the board of my favorite dutch soccer team.

Good Job all!!

I already posted a hello on this board, but thought this is the right place. Thank God for "NO TROLLS' and no pop-ups/Ads!

[Edited on 2004/7/18 by Dutch_Hab_Fan]

Originally posted by Dutch_Hab_Fan

SO finally found this forum, kinda tired of the ESPN Board (nothing serious is going on there anymore, euhm did it ever;))

Already found some serious interesting news here. Since i have more time lately i will post more on boards, i didn't post much on he ESPN board, but i've been there for a while.

I already missed a lot of posters on that board, so now i know where they went.

Think this board owns the place, looks the same like the board of my favorite dutch soccer team.

Good Job all!!

I already posted a hello on this board, but thought this is the right place. Thank God for "NO TROLLS' and no pop-ups/Ads!

[Edited on 2004/7/18 by Dutch_Hab_Fan]

Hey Dutch_Hab_Fan! Glad you joined...

ESPN's gone to hell, you made the right choice in choosing HabsWorld... No trolls, no ads, good conversations... Its great :D ... anyways have fun here.

btw: I'll be in your part of the world (Maastricht, Netherlands) in a couple of weeks on vacation, do you have any suggestions on things I could do? or what kind of place it is? ... I'll be staying with family, but it would be great if you could give me some advice/suggestions.

[Edited on 2004-7-21 by puck7x]

Ah so you're going 2 the south of holland! Holland is not so big as you know, so driving 2 hours and you're at the coast. Driving 3 hours and you're in Amsterdam.

But Maastricht is also a nice city. They have a nice square with lots of places where you can have a drink. For the rest, i'm not that familiar with the south. Have some relatives there, that's all. I'm from the east. (maybe you could see a soccer match, teams are preparing for the new season, starting in August)

And yes i'm glad 2 be here, seen some familiar posters. And enough stuff 2 read.:/)

Ah so you're going 2 the south of holland! Holland is not so big as you know, so driving 2 hours and you're at the coast. Driving 3 hours and you're in Amsterdam.

But Maastricht is also a nice city. They have a nice square with lots of places where you can have a drink. For the rest, i'm not that familiar with the south. Have some relatives there, that's all. I'm from the east. (maybe you could see a soccer match, teams are preparing for the new season, starting in August)

And yes i'm glad 2 be here, seen some familiar posters. And enough stuff 2 read.:/)

Yeah compared to North America its very small, and easy to get around, I heard that alot of people have bicycles instead of cars. I'd love to see a football (soccer) sometime, it looks like alot of fun on tv.

Thanks for the feedback.

How do you mean, second??

I mean that you are the second Montreal-fan that has found this board.

Can't remember the name on the other one tough...

Originally posted by puck7x

Yeah compared to North America its very small, and easy to get around, I heard that alot of people have bicycles instead of cars. I'd love to see a football (soccer) sometime, it looks like alot of fun on tv.  

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes we all have bikes. Holland is realy a cyclecountry, probably the most cylcepaths of the world (for such a small country :P)

I think soon there will start some practice tourneys in preperation for the new soccer season. There is the Amsterdam Tourney, with 4 teams. (real big names like:Arsenal/River Plate/ Panathinaikos & Ajax) And the Vodaphone Tourney in Manchester with PSV Eindhoven, probably on TV. Great Tourneys!!

Originally posted by ch_nl

How do you mean, second??  

I mean that you are the second Montreal-fan that has found this board.

Can't remember the name on the other one tough...

you mean from the Espn board? i'm the one from that board that went here, i had the same name there

[Edited on 2004/7/19 by Dutch_Hab_Fan]

Originally posted by puck7x

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes we all have bikes. Holland is realy a cyclecountry, probably the most cylcepaths of the world (for such a small country :P)

I think soon there will start some practice tourneys in preperation for the new soccer season. There is the Amsterdam Tourney, with 4 teams. (real big names like:Arsenal/River Plate/ Panathinaikos & Ajax) And the Vodaphone Tourney in Manchester with PSV Eindhoven, probably on TV. Great Tourneys!!

Cool thanks. I dont think I'll be watching much TV while I'm there though, I'd rather be out exploring Europe... Its great that so many countries are within a short distance of Holland.

Yes that's realy great. In 2 weeks i'll be heading for France, for a week Mountainbiking.

We also made plans for next year. The plan is 2 cruise through Scandinavia with a car or camper. Just with some friends. Probably 6 hours driving and i'm in Scandinavia, realy close all.

BTW your lucky, the weather is finally turning around. Been realy bad here (for summer conditions i mean)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that's realy great. In 2 weeks i'll be heading for France, for a week Mountainbiking.

We also made plans for next year. The plan is 2 cruise through Scandinavia with a car or camper. Just with some friends. Probably 6 hours driving and i'm in Scandinavia, realy close all.

BTW your lucky, the weather is finally turning around. Been realy bad here (for summer conditions i mean)

Wow sounds like fun biking through france, are you going to take the same routes as the tour de france? (Even though your on mountain bikes, not race-bikes) ... The scenery must be great there.

I'm leaving for my trip tomorrow ... It should be fun!

[Edited on 2004-8-3 by puck7x]

SO i ended up going 2 luxembourg, and stayed there for 1,5 week. I'm just 2 hours back and checking up all the NHL/Habs news there is.

Had a great holiday with good weather and lot of cycling, made some great mountainbike tours. I think i boosted up my health, hahah!

Puck have a great time in Europe, i know you will!

• 2 weeks later...

SO i ended up going 2 luxembourg....

Cool sounds fun...

I just got back to the Netherlands after spending 10 days in Italy. Italy was pretty cool, I mostly stayed in the Tuscan region during my stay, but the first night there I stayed in a town called Laveno, it was beatiful... Then it was onto Tuscany and the mountains, I stayed in a little town (Col de V'Élsa or something...) from that town I visited Florence, Sienna and Rome... I even got visit the Vaticant, that was neat. I also visited Pisa and Milano but did not get to look around much (we were driving and made short stops.... It takes 18 hours to get from the netherlands to Italy)

As for other countries, I've seen parts of Belgium, Luxomburg, France, Switzerland (driving through the Alps was awesome... wow... We even went through a 17km long tunnel, the same tunnel where a few hundred people died in a huge accident years ago) , and I stayed a night in Germany...

Anyways, thats all for now... I hope everyone on HW is doing well....

Later!

Sounds like you making a nice trip. Like i did in 2002 in the US and Canada. Love those trips, i'm planning spent my next holiday in scandinavie. Couple off weeks driving through!

(Luxembourg is nice for biking, and visiting some sights, for the rest it's quite boring there)

[Edited on 2004/8/25 by Dutch_Hab_Fan]

• 2 weeks later...