Which UFA would you like to see most in a Habs Jersey? (If Kovy and Selanne go elsewhere)

Guy10

Glenn Murray

Paul Kariya

Michael Nylander

Valeri Bure

Brett Hull

Petr Nedved

Jason Allison

Adam Deadmarsh

Ziggy Palffy

Pavel Bure

Eric Lindros

Peter Bondra

Pavol Demitra

Scott Mellanby

Vincent Damphousse

Alexei Zhitnik

[Edited on 2004/7/22 by Guy10]

Glenn Murray - would love to see him in a habs jersey

Paul Kariya - washed up IMO

Michael Nylander - good role player, but we have those

Valeri Bure - would like him better than Dags on 2nd line

Brett Hull - too old

Petr Nedved - over-rated

Jason Allison - maybe

Adam Deadmarsh - would be nice

Ziggy Palffy - can't risk paying him to get hurt, use money elsewhere

Pavel Bure - done

Eric Lindros - done and never liked him

Peter Bondra - old

Pavol Demitra - a good replacement for Kovy

Scott Mellanby - another roleplaying vet

Vincent Damphousse - no room at C, maybe 2nd line LW?

Alexei Zhitnik - would love a solid D-man in Montreal

Adam Deadmarsh is in no shape to play, he will probably retire. Even if he did return he will still have be a big injury risk, do we really want a player like this on the habs?

I love Deadmarsh, but I think he's finished.

Wow...

1) Demitra (he reminds me of andre aggasi... spelled wrong)

2) Murray (stronger than most ppl on the team, can put it in the net)

3) Zhitnik (wow, he knows wut he is doing, never liked him really cuz i not a buffalo fan but, i could see him in a habs jersey for sure)

1) Demitra - he's the best UFA on the market IMO...

2) Murray - would be a perfect fit for our offense

3) Zhitnik - our D could use a guy like this

Other then them and Kovalev there isn't really any other UFA that I'd even bother with. The rest of them aren't much better then options from our own system. We can find the d-men we need in our own system, we can find the offensive talent in our own system...IMO there are only 4 UFA's that are a definite upgrade over our own players...yes, I realise that some guys like Palffy would be an upgrade but they are never healthy enough to bother with the risk. JMHO.

I think Montreal will be looking to someone of bigger size than Karia... having both Koivu & Karia on a line... sure it sounds wonderfull, but, probably easy knocked around... (not taking anything away from Koivu, he is very strong... but the big guyz can still handle them)

Brett Hull, it probably won't happen, and he prolly won't want to come here anyway. But imagine our powerplay. Last year and the second half of this year, it has been sh!t. We need a shooter. Instead of passing it around the perimeter and losing it eventually, Ribs or Koivu and spot him open in the slot coming out of the corner and BAM, it's over for the other team. :devil:

Glenn Murray - big winger who could help out the team, would like to see him sign

Paul Kariya - had a bad season, should rebound in the next, would like to see him in habs but for right money, paying more than 2-3 mil is too much, i'd give him some bonuses if he can put his game together

Michael Nylander - i dont see him with the team

Valeri Bure - i doubt he'll sign, if he does im sure he'll be on the 2nd line

Brett Hull - could be the goal scorer the habs need, but they need a longterm deal, not someone who might retire soon, (remember gainey saying something about a youth movement? :P)

Petr Nedved - forget it, he wants too much cash

Jason Allison - same as nedved

Adam Deadmarsh - couldnt think of something bad if he signs with the habs ignoring his last season in jury

Ziggy Palffy - another player who's hungry for big money

Pavel Bure - he might be the russian rocket but his injuries are sure slowing him down, for his numbered amount of games he plays in a season he would help out the habs if he signed but not as much as they wish (big salary too)

Eric Lindros - this guy is a concussion away from death, i wouldnt even bother answering his phone calls if i were gainey

Peter Bondra - for cheap he'd be alright

Pavol Demitra - big salary, forget it

Scott Mellanby - heh looks like he a trasher now

Vincent Damphousse - for the right price he'd be good on a 3rd or 4th line

Alexei Zhitnik - i'd rather let komisarek play

don't get me wrong i'd like to see some big names in the team like bure nedved kariya and so on but only at the right price - i would hate to see the team sign big names are big prices and raise ticket prices like in toronto

Originally posted by Tony

Jason Allison - forget it, he wants too much cash

Adam Deadmarsh - couldnt think of something bad if he signs with the habs ignoring his last season in jury

Pavel Bure - he might be the russian rocket but his injuries are sure slowing him down, for his numbered amount of games he plays in a season he would help out the habs if he signed but not as much as they wish (big salary too)

Eric Lindros - this guy is a concussion away from death, i wouldnt even bother answering his phone calls if i were gainey

Welcome to the board, Tony. Decent ideas, but I'm shocked you list Lindros as "a concussion away from death" when he isn't (maybe two, but he can still play), while Deadmarsh isn't "something bad" and Bure can still be a "big-name player".

Now, if you dislike Lindros because of the Quebec fiasco, that's alright. But he's more fit to play (and make more of an impact) than either Deadmarsh or Bure (at this moment in time).

But yeah, top 3 for me:

1. Kovalev (@ $4-5 million)

2. Murray (@ $3.5-4.5 million)

3. Bondra (@ $2.5-4 million)

Heh, thanks for the welcome. I don't dislike Lindros, like you said he's an impact player and I couldn't agree more. He just has to play more safely but that isn't his style since he's a hard hitter.

Originally posted by Tony

[Adam Deadmarsh - couldnt think of something bad if he signs with the habs ignoring his last season in jury

I think Deadmarsh is one hit away from retirement, in fact I've heard he may have already considered retirement

OKKKK, get Captaincy from Koivu... sure... lol i think we all know thats never going to happen....

Think about it... when Koivu was gone with cancer, the team did not even assign someone to take the C in his place, instead they displayed his sweater in the locker room, and we went with only assistants..... NO ONE is going to take that C away from him, unless he decides he wants to play for another team, or gets traded for some KRAZY reason... lol

That could piss off some fans :/

It's personal preference for me. Damphousse was one of my favourite players. The fact that he was a former Montreal Canadien captain and a member of the 92-93 Stanley Cup team qualifies him. He'd at least get the "A" back.

OKKKK, get Captaincy from Koivu... sure... lol i think we all know thats never going to happen....  

Uh, unless you weren't aware, "Captaincy" can include Alternates too.

Think about it... when Koivu was gone with cancer, the team did not even assign someone to take the C in his place, instead they displayed his sweater in the locker room

That would have been disrespectful if they did assign a new Captain.

NO ONE is going to take that C away from him, unless he decides he wants to play for another team, or gets traded for some KRAZY reason...

If Damphousse came in and got the C, I wouldn't be anything bad. The guy definetly qualifies - unless you can justify why Koivu would make a better Captain without using the words, "He beat cancer."

lol... it would be disrepectful to remove the captaincy from a person who deserves it as well.

Did you think Rejean Houle, and Mario Tremblay did a good job?...

and... from what i recall... Koivu was assigned captaincy... BEFORE he had the ordeal with cancer. This shows there was something about this guy that made him well suited for it...

He is a smaller player in the NHL, who plays the size of his heart, and that is huge. He never gives up on the ice, and is constantly looking for the good plays on the ice... and he is a game breaker. When you need someone to get the job done, you can be assured that when u put him on the ice, he is gonna be one to set it up. He is a playoff performer, we have seen him elevate his game in the playoffs. He fits the mold, as he can be very much compared to the habs team as a whole. It is a small team, who finds ways to succeed, and there is a ton of good outlook for the team.

Maybe you think because this is quebec, we should have a french captain or something like the good old days.... well i'd hate to burst your bubble... but the majority of great french players are now goaltenders. Thank you Mr. Roy.

I think everyone here, can find even more reasons why Koivu is a better captain than mr Damphousse.