Bring back Malakhov to the Habs!

Markov79

Hey all:)

Wouldn't it be something if the Habs signed Malakhov?

I clearly remember that Blackhawks/Habs game 4 years ago when Renaud Lavoie asked Malakhov (who was just traded to the Devils the same night) if he would ever consider coming back to Montreal...

His response?

''never''

Bob Clarke did say he was his best defenseman in the playoffs!

LOL

Sorry but seeing Malakhov as a UFA I'm sure I'm not the only one who imagined how wacky and unreal it would be if we signed him:)

I was a big fan until the skiing incident. That kinda ruined things.

However, while I am keen on Hainsey (or Archer) taking a shot with the big team, if we can get Malakhov for 2 million or under, I'd do it. Another Russian for Markov couldn't hurt, and might even aid in bringing back Kovalev. He's always been one of the strongest players in the NHL (Chara's since taken over, but no surprise). With Souray, Malakhov, Komisarek and Rivet clearing the net, and Markov, Brisebois and (again) Souray providing solid offense from the blueline, we could do quite well.

I doubt he'll come back, and if he does, we might have some more boo-birds (who haven't forgiven him for '99-'00). But if he does, I'll support him.

[Edited on 2004/7/23 by TheAussiePosse]

I found him the most beautifull skating big player to watch and his first pass is a model of perfection.

I would watch Phillys during the last playhoff just to watch him and his compatriot "zhamnov" moving on the ice, there's something about most Russian skater that mesmerize's me.

With Kostitsyn and Perezhogin up coming, life is good...as for Kovalev, well,.. I prefer not to thinck to much about him....

Originally posted by PB

I found him the most beautifull skating big player to watch and his first pass is a model of perfection.

I would watch Phillys during the last playhoff just to watch him and his compatriot "zhamnov" moving on the ice, there's something about most Russian skater that mesmerize's me.

Sounds like the guy turns you on man :?-