Favorite hab?

Guy_Guy_Guy

Hey guys I dont know if you share or have shared the same feeling with your favorite habs like me. Mine is Michael Ryder, I just love everything about him from his look to his style of play to his wicked shot. He wasnt the second leading scorer in the habs this year for nothing. So everytime I watch a game in which the game is very close like the ones with the bruins or the leafs or the sens, I just pull for Ryder and I dont know if this feeling is weird but I sorta depend on him and expect him to score. He did so many times which made me very happy and made a fan out of me in the first place. But whenever like he doesnt score and the habs lose I just get really mad that we lost and many times express my anger to my friends who are watching with me saying that he is supposed to score and he didnt, he isnt as good as he is, etc, etc, but then when the game is over, I realise that nobody's perfect and that this is a game and just because your fav player didnt score to win you the game doesnt mean he sucks and I always calm down and wait for the next game to begin and root for him again.

So, I dont know about you but do you people share the same feeling I do about your favorite player? Also talk about anything you feel like about your favorite player and what you like about him that makes him your favorite.

:hlogo: RULE!!

Ryder is one of my favorite Habs. Zednik was my favorite habs until I seen Steve Begin play. Here is a guy that plays with a big heart every shift. He works hard, skates hard and hits hard. He does not score alot but when he does you have to feel good for him because the guy works his a$$ off every shift. Too bad we didn't have a couple more players like him(but with a little more offence.) :devil:

Komisarek is my favorite Habs since the day he was drafted. He was the guy I wanted Savard to draft. He was playing for Michigan.. state where I'm from. And I liked his size, his style of play and skills. He's still keeping impressing me with his game attitude and his tremendous improvement. My favourite moment his defenetly when he crunched Joe Thornton off the board (2004 playoffs). I keep saying it was the turning point of the serie.. screw Kovalev. Joe decided to level up his play finally, and he was really on fire.. Komo really nailed him and Habs scored few seconds after.

Memories from that game :)http://www.habsworld.net/show_big_news.php?id=544

Komisarek has a bright future ahead. I still think he's a future Pronger, in term of impact on a team and style of play. When he'll get full confidence in himself, he'll start to use more his heavy shot.

:hlogo:

[Edited on 2004-7-23 by sakiqc]

Is there anyone else here who isn't a huge Koivu fan?

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy. It's just that he's never really struck me as favorite player material. He has grown on me though. He was great his rookie season, but then I got fed up with the constant injuries. When I heard he had cancer, I thought his career was over. He really impressed me the way he came back and finally seemed to take over as Captain. Hopefully he will have Zed and Kovy as his wingers and can have a career year.

By the way, I would have to say my favorite habs is Theo, but I am partial to goalies. Hopefully Ryder and Komi will rise on my list this season.

All-Time ... Patrick Roy easily.

Right now... hmmm... I'd probably have to also say Komisarek like sakiqc said.

I'm also one of those people who just "likes" Koivu but isnt totally in love with him. :)

I like Koivu.. because well, he's Koivu. I love watching Zednik when he's on, and there was nothing better than Kovalev in this year's playoffs.

Lots of respect of Komisarek too, with his U of M past. Also a fan of Ward.. the guy just keeps on given'er.

I really liked Carbonneau.

As far as current players go, I've always been a Saku fan. I've always been pretty much more of a team fan though, as I've never really singled out one player that I like the most.

Favourite Players (Recent): Theodore, Ribeiro, Koivu, Perreault, Souray, Kovalev - in that order

All-time Favourites in no particular order: Recchi, Roy, Damphousse, Muller, Dryden, Brisebois (yes, Brisebois), Tbo.

[Edited on 2004/7/23 by Ribeiro]

Wow... Mark Recchi, Brian Savage, Ken Dryden, Shutt, Matthieu Garon

As for current.... Richard Zednik, Steve Begin, Michael Ryder, Craig Rivet, Sheldon Souray.

Saku Koivu, can't say anything else.

I saw the guy playing in the World Championship, i believe it was around '93 (that's the only hockey we use 2 get in Holland, on Eurosport, now that's off also)

I was always a fan of the Finnish hockey team, there Sisu, and fabolous players. A real team. And that year Koivu was the best, so i was immediately a big fan off him. He just had "It". From then i started 2 get more into the NHL league, followed it more and more, and he realy made me a Habs Fan. (if he leaves i will stil be a habs fan!!)

I went 2 Montreal especially 2 see the stadium, unfortunately there were no tours, it was play-off time, vs Carolina. The next day was a home match, unfortunately we had 2 leave the next day otherwise we would miss our plane in NY (we had 2 weeks holiday in the north east!)

[Edited on 2004/7/24 by Dutch_Hab_Fan]

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

Is there anyone else here who isn't a huge Koivu fan?

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy.  It's just that he's never really struck me as favorite player material.  He has grown on me though.  He was great his rookie season, but then I got fed up with the constant injuries.  When I heard he had cancer, I thought his career was over.  He really impressed me the way he came back and finally seemed to take over as Captain.  Hopefully he will have Zed and Kovy as his wingers and can have a career year.

By the way, I would have to say my favorite habs is Theo, but I am partial to goalies.  Hopefully Ryder and Komi will rise on my list this season.

You give Koivu two good wingers and he will fly. We all saw it in the playoffs with Kovalev. He spent most of his time with third line guys playing on the top line. How many years did he play with Bulis....

KOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

KKKKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

KKKKKKKOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm going to shock everyone here..........................

My fav player is....tada........M-A-R-K-OV

What a surprise!

After that I'd say Francis Bouillon. If the guy was 6'4 or something he could dominate...

Fav habs all-time: Roy.

I'm surprised nobody aside from myself mentioned Kirk Muller. He's a 5x 30+ goal scorer.

He was a habs when they won the Stanley Cup. Kirk Muller was also a Captain, and is considered a "hockey great".

Originally posted by Ribeiro

I'm surprised nobody aside from myself mentioned Kirk Muller.  He's a 5x 30+ goal scorer.  

He was a habs when they won the Stanley Cup.  Kirk Muller was also a Captain, and is considered a "hockey great".

He is one of my all-time favourite habs, somewhere behind Roy... Captain Kirk is the man! He was a guy who would die for this team.

Muller and Carbeneau both are among my favorite Habs, at least those who have played since I started watching. I was very upset when Carbs wasn't allowed to send his kids to the school he wanted and left. He was a good assist. coach, and our PK hasn't been the same since.

Oh, I almost forgot to list Mike Keane with those two.