The Official CFL Thread

jetsniper

Holy shit, what a f*cking gong show that was. That was an exact replica of the god damn Edmonton game. We get a TD with 50 seconds left and then Winnipeg gets a TD on a circus catch with 15 seconds to play to retake the lead.

I f*cking hate Brandon Browner and don't get the hype. He's a shitty coverage guy and a shitty DB overall. Our entire secondary played like a bunch of f*cking girls. Ryan Dinwiddie plays his second ever CFL game and throws for 450 yards. What the f*ck.

If we had a secondary that didn't look like melting butter, we'd easily be the best in the league. Easily.

Geez, is it in the Als' game plan to have a great first half and a terrible second one ??

Geez, is it in the Als' game plan to have a great first half and a terrible second one ??

yeah it is weird. when i hit RDS yesterday it was like 24-9 in the 3rd quarter. I just close the TV, thinking it was a sure win...

• 3 weeks later...

YAYYY montreal as beaten another pathetic eastern team. will they ever beat a western team ?? thats the question.

How bad would it be if a western team beats montreal in the semi final and we'd see to western team in the Grey Cup in mtl...

It wouldn't be bad at all because right now it wouldn't be surprising. The worst Western team is better then the best Eastern team, it's hard to argue that right now. Maybe if Montreal ever gets their defence together but a lot of the CFL experts are predicting a West Vs West final right now.

It wouldn't be bad at all because right now it wouldn't be surprising. The worst Western team is better then the best Eastern team, it's hard to argue that right now. Maybe if Montreal ever gets their defence together but a lot of the CFL experts are predicting a West Vs West final right now.

they've been playing way better of late !!

• 2 weeks later...
they've been playing way better of late !!

Well, the defence had a bit of an off night yesterday, but they showed up when it counted if nothing else...what an ending! Nice to see them get a win vs a Western team, even if they probably didn't deserve it (holding on to win by 5 when you win the TK/GV ratio by 4 is not too pretty.)

There were a couple of things that popped in my head reflecting on the ending:

- When Logan flipped the ball forward, it was called an offside pass, yet the ball was spotted at the 1, the spot of the infraction. I thought the ball would've been moved back, otherwise, there's no harm in trying it if the penalty is the ball gets spotted where you tried to sneak it ahead. I wonder if that's what Trestman was trying to get across when he threw the challenge flag...

- When the Als were offside, what happened to the "half the distance to the goal" penalty? The ball was spotted at the 1 each time, rather than the ½ and ¼ yard lines respectively.

I went downstairs right after that forward pass play so I got to see all the offsides. The announcers made a good point about how Logan should've pretended to fumble the ball forward instead of making it so blatant. How much would it suck to be a Leos fan though, 3 chances and they sucked on all of them. I'll never understand why teams hand off in the backfield when all you need is a yard. It should've been 3 QB sneaks.

- When the Als were offside, what happened to the "half the distance to the goal" penalty? The ball was spotted at the 1 each time, rather than the ½ and ¼ yard lines respectively.

I might be wrong, but i think the "half the distance to the goal" penalty apply at maximum 2 yards of the touchdown, 1 yard being the closer you can get.

I went downstairs right after that forward pass play so I got to see all the offsides. The announcers made a good point about how Logan should've pretended to fumble the ball forward instead of making it so blatant. How much would it suck to be a Leos fan though, 3 chances and they sucked on all of them. I'll never understand why teams hand off in the backfield when all you need is a yard. It should've been 3 QB sneaks.

The closest they were out of the 3 was the sneak. The 2nd time the FB was stopped near the 6, and not one player on the BC offence knew what on earth it was they tried on the 3rd attempt. Whoever was calling the plays for the Lions had a rough couple of minutes that detracted from what was a well executed game by Pierce.

I might be wrong, but i think the "half the distance to the goal" penalty apply at maximum 2 yards of the touchdown, 1 yard being the closer you can get.

I figured there was some sort of rule like that, just had me wondering. It brought back memories of an Als-Argo playoff game a few years back when Ted White needed 735 attempts to get it in the endzone and at that time, it was near the 1/16th of an inch line...it's wonderful to have a decent backup QB now...

• 2 weeks later...

I've always though that "half the distance to the goal line" stuff is a bunch of crap. If you're too close to the line to enforce full penalty yardage, then the ball should be placed on the 1 yard line. It's ridiculous that 15 yard penalty becomes, for instance, a 5 yard penalty if it happens on the 10 yard line.

Damn, it's official, Avon Cobourne will miss the Als-Stamps clash.

Hell yeah. My dads going to the game, I might be going. We played a solid game in Edmonton last week, I think we can keep it going this week. If it weren't for some fluky catches, we're only a 1 loss team. The Labor Day game was our only decisive loss this season.

Great game by Calgary tonight, sweep the season series with Montreal. I thought the weather might hinder us, it was pouring rain ally day and night but it didn't seem to matter.

I went nuts at the completed hail mary at the end of the 2nd quarter. Not a disciplined game but thats probably the only complaint I have.

Probably Burris' best ever game as a Stamp. 5 TD passes and over 400 yards passing, he's now the second all-time passer in Stampeder history.

Edited by jetsniper

montreal really srewed up at the end of the 1st half...

we'll get in the grey cup.

It'll be two West teams unless Montreal decides to improve on it's 1-4 record against the West. And the win was by the skin of their teeth (I think that was literally the distance between the ball and the 3 chances BC had to punch it in)

It'll be two West teams unless Montreal decides to improve on it's 1-4 record against the West. And the win was by the skin of their teeth (I think that was literally the distance between the ball and the 3 chances BC had to punch it in)

Itll be a whole different ballgame since the West will have to come to a jammed Olympic Stadium and win on our turf...twice in a row (hopefully).

Itll be a whole different ballgame since the West will have to come to a jammed Olympic Stadium and win on our turf...twice in a row (hopefully).

Doesn't matter where the game is played, the defence still won't impress me. You're first in points allowed and average pointes allowed/per game but you've also got the 3 worst offenses in your division.