The Official CFL Thread

jetsniper

And a 41-30 win over the BC Lions caps off the Stamps most impressive season since our 90s dynasty. We finish with the best record in the league (13-5), the top rusher in the league (Joffrey Reynolds, the first Calgary back to lead the CFL since 86) and the top receiver in the league (Ken-Yon Rambo) and a front runner for MOP (Henry Burris although I think Cam Wake deserves it most so Burris won't even get the nomination)

The playoffs are now set as well with Calgary and Montreal getting the byes into the final (I think Montreal clinched the division during the July long weekend, lol). Edmonton crosses over and will play the Blue Bombers in Winnipeg. Saskatchewan clinched a home playoff date with the Calgary win and will host the BC Lions.

Predictions anyone?

I think Edmonton beats Winnipeg and Saskatchewan beats BC (thereby negating the Stamps home field advantage)

How the hell does BC get 13 all-stars while Calgary only gets 6? What stupid kind of sense does that make? Inconsistency nets you 13 all-stars? What a load of crap.

Calvillo and Burris expected to get M.O.P nominations today.

Give it to Hank!

How the hell would Calvillo get MVP in a Calgary/Edmonton Grey Cup?

:?-

you wil get you butt kicked by the Riders in the semies!!

Yeah, just like last game when the Riders won 42-5.

Wait....that was the other way around, wasn't it?

:lol:

I just hope that we dont have a saskatchewan-winnipeg final like last year.

what a snooze fest !!

Edited by marky_and_komi

:lol:

I just hope that we dont have a saskatchewan-winnipeg final like last year.

what a snooze fest !!

Haha, true that. A Calgary/Edmonton or Calgary/Montreal Grey Cup would be highly entertaining IMO just to the casual fan. The Lions are like the Jekyll and Hyde of the CFL, Michael Bishop couldn't put on a good show if his life depended on it and Winnipeg is Winnipeg (although they are one of the hotter teams in the league, they can definitely give the Eskies a run for their money)

Burris Vs Ray or Calvillo though? Hell of a show.

Burris Vs Ray or Calvillo though? Hell of a show.

semi-finals should be very entertaining. I just hope that Ray brings his B game to montreal....i'm a bit concerned.

Calgary-Montreal could be quite a treat.

semi-finals should be very entertaining. I just hope that Ray brings his B game to montreal....i'm a bit concerned.

Calgary-Montreal could be quite a treat.

It would be.

However no offense to Als fans, I REALLY want to see a Calgary/Edmonton Grey Cup. The buildup for that game would be phenomenal. Theres not a bigger rivalry in the CFL (except for maybe Calgary/Saskatchewan)

I'm hoping that Lions offense doesn't decide to randomly go off on us and the Reynolds/Burris are over their "We're awesome in the season and then suck in the playoffs" thing.

I'm hoping that Lions offense doesn't decide to randomly go off on us and the Reynolds/Burris are over their "We're awesome in the season and then suck in the playoffs" thing.

I'm going to re-iterate this for todays game because I'm really nervous. I don't want to see the old playoff Burris who turns the ball over all the time.

And the Lions have had their f*cking yaps open all week, I'd really like to see us take it to them just for that. We went 3-0 against the Lions this season (including them getting their shit stuffed in by our back-up in the last week of the season) so I don't see why we shouldn't win but still, theres a lot of questions for todays game.

Aaaaaand the 4th quarter hasn't been any kinder to the Esks.

I guess I should be happy since Edmonton is the only team who legitimately kicked the crap out of the Stamps this season. And it is Edmonton after all.

My dad will be happy, he didn't care about a Battle of Alberta Grey Cup. He just wants to see Edmonton blown off the map, lol.

And now I'm off to McMahon Stadium in my Burris jersey, I'll give an early congrats on the win. Guess I was wrong about the West.

The mission for EDM is :

short kick succesful (done)

touchdown

2pts

short kick succesful

field goal

for the tie....

If they achieve this, I'll be freakin' pissed

TURNOVER WE WIN !!!!!

That was amazing. Burris made the smart play for the entire game (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THAT LAST PLAY. WAY TO MAKE ME NERVOUS FOR NO REASON AT ALL, HANK!) and Mike "Big Daddy" Labinjo was HUGE. McMahon Stadium was LOUD too, especially in the second half, I couldn't hear a thing like...ever. So relieved to finally see this team win a playoff game with Burris, I got hugged by strangers when Browner picked off Pierce with 1:30 left, lol.

Looking forward to the Grey Cup, our last Grey Cup was won in Montreal. I wonder if they'll let our horse into the hotel, they didn't let us last year, haha.

That was amazing. Burris made the smart play for the entire game (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THAT LAST PLAY. WAY TO MAKE ME NERVOUS FOR NO REASON AT ALL, HANK!) and Mike "Big Daddy" Labinjo was HUGE. McMahon Stadium was LOUD too, especially in the second half, I couldn't hear a thing like...ever. So relieved to finally see this team win a playoff game with Burris, I got hugged by strangers when Browner picked off Pierce with 1:30 left, lol.

Looking forward to the Grey Cup, our last Grey Cup was won in Montreal. I wonder if they'll let our horse into the hotel, they didn't let us last year, haha.

I remember seeing that Horse when I work at the hotel in 2001(well, the last time it was in mtl) !!

I remember seeing that Horse when I work at the hotel in 2001(well, the last time it was in mtl) !!

Yeah, we bring it to whatever hotel the teams are staying at every Grey Cup weekend. Last year was the first time the horse has ever been banned, people are usually good sports about it.

I don't think it's any coincidence it was Toronto that banned it though. Buncha prudes.

31-29 montreal out of Duval's foot !!

It's gonna be a tight one, thats for sure. I think our guys are motivated though after being slighted by basically everyone. The only thing that concerns me is Browner's injury.

See you guys tried to ban Quick Six from being at the game? Everyone always has a problem with the horse and it makes me laugh. It's just a horse, people. Reminds me of when Calgary banned the Riders mascot ( from McMahon, that was ridiculous too, lol.