The Official CFL Thread

jetsniper

Yeah, didn't see the game. But allowing 3 points would have been awesome as well...

I'm not a big fan of Kerry Joseph. He always seems to perform when he is rushed and out of his pocket. Just like he can't calm down the game. Just like Tim Thomas...

Kerry Joseph is a mediocre QB that benefited from Kent Austin's system. The Roughriders themselves realized this, thats why they traded him once Austin bolted for Ole Miss. Since then Joseph has never looked good in an Argo's uniform.

As for Andrus, I think they'll give him the season. They played merry-go-round with the coaching last year as well, I can't see it two years in a row. I can see them just riding it out and looking again in the off-season. I mean this is a team that went 0-8 under Don freakin Matthews last year, they can't expect more then that out of a coaching rookie.

I thought the Bengals rejected only players who have not been arrested... :lol:

Carson Palmer - the exception that proves the rule. Of course, they compensate for that by the fact he's the highest paid (average salary) QB in the league. But I digress, this is the CFL thread.

Carson Palmer - the exception that proves the rule. Of course, they compensate for that by the fact he's the highest paid (average salary) QB in the league. But I digress, this is the CFL thread.

Isn't it Eli now?

People complain about other leagues but the officiating in the CFL has to be the worst in the world. Every season it's just inexplicably terrible.

Well said - the officiating in the 1st half of the Als-Bombers game has been absolutely abysmal. Phantom calls, non-calls on obvious fouls - heck, they're even missing no yards penalties! If it wasn't for the fact the Als are up right now, I'd be completely fuming.

• 4 weeks later...

WOO, killed Edmonton in the Labour Day game. Made them look like amateurs, Edmonton fans sure left McMahon in a hurry. I didn't see any of them by the third quarter!

We can lose the rest of the season and I won't care, theres nothing like kicking Edmonton's ass in the Labour Day game. Sleep easy tonight. Whats even better is Charleston Hughes was cut by the Eagles last week and should probably re-join the team this week. Our defensive line can use the boost, Willis has been useless without Labinjo out there.

I changed my mind too. Andrus won't make it out of the season, I think. He's got a real problem with not taking guaranteed points, I'm always seeing him going for it on 3rd down. It's almost like he's forgetting we've only got 3 downs in the CFL. Can thank him for that win over the Argos last week, their kicker would've been able to tie the game on the last play of the game but they went for it.

Als were awful in BC, as were the refs on that botched call, to which Tom Higgins even admitted the error (good on him at least). Mind you, the Als didn't deserve the W either way there. Not surprisingly, Montreal's format protest regarding 'the touchdown' was rejected by Cohon earlier in the hour.

Als were awful in BC, as were the refs on that botched call, to which Tom Higgins even admitted the error (good on him at least). Mind you, the Als didn't deserve the W either way there. Not surprisingly, Montreal's format protest regarding 'the touchdown' was rejected by Cohon earlier in the hour.

I didn't think it mattered to be honest. The Als are gonna have to implode by a ridiculous amount to lose the division. I mean you never want to lose like that but at the end of the day, it's not really gonna put a crimp in the Als season IMO.

I didn't think it mattered to be honest. The Als are gonna have to implode by a ridiculous amount to lose the division. I mean you never want to lose like that but at the end of the day, it's not really gonna put a crimp in the Als season IMO.

I don't think it's too far fetched to suggest they could lose their grip on the division, it's what, only 2 games with at least 2 head-to-heads left between the Ti-Cats and Als. Montreal hasn't played a good game in nearly a month and I hate to say it, but they're overrated by many thus far. If they can put it together, look out, but I thought they looked better at the beginning of the year than they do now (they still can't score in the red zone).

I don't think it's too far fetched to suggest they could lose their grip on the division, it's what, only 2 games with at least 2 head-to-heads left between the Ti-Cats and Als. Montreal hasn't played a good game in nearly a month and I hate to say it, but they're overrated by many thus far. If they can put it together, look out, but I thought they looked better at the beginning of the year than they do now (they still can't score in the red zone).

Well Winnipeg and Toronto are both pathetic teams and Hamilton, it's feel good story but they're still only playing half-decent football. Kicking ass at the beginning of the year and then going into the tank does seem to be the Alouettes thing though so we'll see if it changes.

I do not see them losing grip on the division though. Something crazy has to happen for that.

(and Charleston Hughes officially came back to the Stamps today. Hell yeah.)

So I went up to Edmonton for the game last night and I'm really glad I did. Nothing is sweeter then sweeping the Labor Day home and home. To beat them with what, 22 seconds left? Even sweeter.

Nothing is better then walking through Edmonton in your Stampeders jersey and no one can say shit about it. Really glad to see Copeland is playing like a star again too.

• 4 weeks later...

What's up with Calgary ?? Burris was disgusting.

On the other hand, GO ALS GO !!!! our defence is just amazing and we got depth at every position with now Whitaker being able to run the ball. Maybe not at QB though. Look like Trestman doesn't want to pull out Calvillo.

Burris has been disgusting for a month now.

The Stamps aren't going anywhere this season. I didn't even bother to watch them play, I knew it was gonna be a loss because our offense is just so incredibly pathetic right now. Shut down Joffrey and we're not moving the ball anywhere.

What's up with Calgary ?? Burris was disgusting.

On the other hand, GO ALS GO !!!! our defence is just amazing and we got depth at every position with now Whitaker being able to run the ball. Maybe not at QB though. Look like Trestman doesn't want to pull out Calvillo.

I've been saying all year, the Als had better RB's on the practice roster than Cobourne - one of whom went to the NFL. I'd love to see MacPherson actually get to throw the ball, when he's in, it's almost like the Wildcat offense, without the QB lining up as a receiver.

Was going to test my lines in the afternoon, but a friend gave me a ticket for todays's game. Als vs Ti-Cats. GO ALS GO !!!

edit : finally just changed my special units strategies...

Edited by JoeLassister

• 3 weeks later...

:clap: Congrats to our Alouettes for a record 15-3 season.

David Duval also broke the record of the CFL for the most points scored in a season by a single player : 242 !!!

The poor argos were destroyed by Montreal's B team !!! YEAH !!!!

David Duval also broke the record of the CFL for the most points scored in a season by a single player : 242 !!!

If only he could shoot that in a four day weekend golf tourney, he's still be top-10 in the world. :P

:clap: Congrats to our Alouettes for a record 15-3 season.

The poor argos were destroyed by Montreal's B team !!! YEAH !!!!

To be fair, the Argos would probably lose to anyone elses practice squad.

To be fair, the Argos would probably lose to anyone elses practice squad.

Yeah, but by 25 ? The Argos suck real bad. But... It,s Toronto so I like it hahahahahaha