The Official CFL Thread

jetsniper

Well atleast the Stamps insured Edmonton won't be winning a Grey Cup in Calgary. Frankly I'm not all that comfortable with Saskatchewan winning it here either (or BC for that matter)

So please don't choke Montreal. Calgary won't beat the Riders next weekend, the Als are my only hope at not having a Grey Cup which pisses me off.

Well whoever it is from the East is going to have a rough time. The Riders actually have two home stadiums: Mosaic and McMahon.

I'm always the only Stamps fan in my section everytime I go see them play the Riders, it's a little tiring. Thats the only reason I have a Burris jersey.

Looks like the CFL is heading back to Ottawa. Redevlopment plan for Landsdowne Park was approved by city council yesterday. Likely target date is having the team play in the 2013 season.

Looks like the CFL is heading back to Ottawa. Redevlopment plan for Landsdowne Park was approved by city council yesterday. Likely target date is having the team play in the 2013 season.

Next franchise closing date is scheduled for 2015. Re-re-development skedded for 2018.

Next franchise closing date is scheduled for 2015. Re-re-development skedded for 2018.

I'm still farily new to Ottawa, but it does seem like there is an overall level of pessimism about the whole thing. But if they're knocking down the stadium and completely redesigning the park it seems likely to suceed no?

My only thought being that in relation to the rest of the city having the major arena/stadium located in the Glebe is probably not the greatest idea.

I'm still farily new to Ottawa, but it does seem like there is an overall level of pessimism about the whole thing. But if they're knocking down the stadium and completely redesigning the park it seems likely to suceed no?

No. It's not the park that's the problem, it's the fickle and apathetic "fan" base. Ottawa isn't a football town. That's been proven time and again over the last 20+ years.

My only thought being that in relation to the rest of the city having the major arena/stadium located in the Glebe is probably not the greatest idea.

Is there a better place? Not really. Short of Ottawa getting a team and moving it to say, Halifax, I don't think an Ottawa franchise will do well. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. But I'd be highly disappointed if we got one again. It was such a drag hearing every damn day about it's potential demise through about 15 years that it's a relief it's gone. I don't wanna hear about all that crap again. Football died in this city - let's leave it dead.

I only miss the pirate linebacker. Hassan Arrrrrrrbubackerrrrrrr. That was fun to yell. Course, I was a kid back then.

No. It's not the park that's the problem, it's the fickle and apathetic "fan" base. Ottawa isn't a football town. That's been proven time and again over the last 20+ years.

Is there a better place? Not really. Short of Ottawa getting a team and moving it to say, Halifax, I don't think an Ottawa franchise will do well. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. But I'd be highly disappointed if we got one again. It was such a drag hearing every damn day about it's potential demise through about 15 years that it's a relief it's gone. I don't wanna hear about all that crap again. Football died in this city - let's leave it dead.

I only miss the pirate linebacker. Hassan Arrrrrrrbubackerrrrrrr. That was fun to yell. Course, I was a kid back then.

I would say Quebec, but it would kill the Rouge et Or... so no, not Quebec. But they do attract MANY thousands of people for University games.

I actually agree with Colin, stop trying with Ottawa, it's not gonna work. They need to try another team in the maritimes or something. Saint John or something, I dunno.

It's like the CFL HAS to have a team there just because it's our capital. The NFL sure wouldn't miss the Redskins.

I suppose I should make an appearance here.

It's hard to believe there's never been a Montreal-Saskatchewan Grey Cup. The fact that we've met Winnipeg in the Grey Cup but never Montreal, despite the fact that Winnipeg is traditionally a Western Conference team, is ridiculous.

The Als will almost certainly get a good running game from Colbourne. The Riders haven't stopped the run very well, they've won games by having the best pass rush in the game and good coverage down field, not having big plays count against them very often.

The Riders' offence won't run a heck of a lot, but hopefully they try enough to make it difficult on the Als. Our receivers are our playmakers. Durrant is a much better passer and manager of the ball now than he was when the teams met in the regular season, but this is a heck of a learning curve if he can pull this off in the big game. Most likely it'll be a close game, though. Even if Montreal wins this, if I were a betting man, I'd bet for Saskatchewan to beat the 9 point spread.

I think all the anti-CFL letters in the paper have made me numb to it. :P I don't pay much attention myself if the Stamps aren't fielding a good team. I'm not a bandwagon fan but trust me, it was better just to ignore them during the Michael Feterik years. I mean technically he was owner when we won the Grey Cup in 2001 but he'd only taken full ownership a couple weeks before.

Not gonna go to the game, probably won't even see a second of it. Heres hoping for another 43-10 Als victory though. Breaking 50 points would be even better. It's what Riders fans deserve.

I'm gonna scream if Joffrey leaves. Been the best back in the league for a few years now.

Come on, wheres the Als enthusiasm?

Go Als Go! Go Als Go!

Kick the Riders ass!

I'm a little hangover, my enthusiasm will be back in a few hours !

Seriously, i'm really pumped. What a weekend of sports that was/is.

Saturday : Habs almost won against Washington and 1 hour later, Bute beat the shit out of Andrade. I watched all of this at La Cage aux Sports with friends.

Sunday : Grey Cup involving probably one of the best Als team I've seen in my life. I've rarely been pumped that much for a CFL game...

Crappy sports weekend for me.

The Dinos choked away the lead in the Vanier Cup yesterday (they were up 25-7 at the half. Erik Glavic is waaaay overrated) and the Avs choked away yet another lead to lose 3-2 in the SO.

Maybe I should be cheering for the Riders then...