Screw the MLB

Ribeiro

From TSN

Though Cabrera was reluctant to get too nostalgic about his time in Montreal, mentioning playing with Vladimir Guerrero for six seasons as his best memory, he still gave a message to the fans of the city that has served as his part-time home for seven years.

``Keep going to the games,'' he said. ``It's not the players fault, the way they treat us. This is a great team, really talented, young guys.''

Damn, that makes me so sad. 'scuse me...I need a minute.

:(:nono::(:(:(

On a side note, Doug Flutie used to be in the CFL and made it into the NFL. I don't know if he still plays though.

He was a backup. A backup on the Chargers, at that.

As a Canadian, i love the CFL because it is one of the last things that is truly ours, hell even Tim Hortons is in the USA now. Like puck said, don't watch it, no one is forcing you.

Most of the players are American, I would hardly call it "Canada's". I'm almost positive that the owners or the execs of the leagues have ties to American corporations. It's usually always that way.

So why is it impossible for a top minor league team (CFL) to beat a really bad major league team (NFL?) .

Didn't I just explain that to you?

Originally posted by Ribeiro
So why is it impossible for a top minor league team (CFL) to beat a really bad major league team (NFL?) .

Didn't I just explain that to you?

No, not really. :guru:

A game between the 2 leagues will probably never happen, so us debating over who would win such a game is useless.

Difference between NHL and AHL:

NHL - The Professionals, the best players. A less successful sports league than the NFL - but still popular.

AHL - Houses a lot of prospects for NHL teams and youngsters.

NFL - One of the world's most successful leagues financially and in popularity.

NCAA - Houses young players and prospects for the NFL

CFL - Rejects from the NFL and it's Euro league.

Difference between NHL and AHL:

NHL - The Professionals, the best players.  A less successful sports league than the NFL - but still popular.

AHL - Houses a lot of prospects for NHL teams and youngsters.

NFL - One of the world's most successful leagues financially and in popularity.  

NCAA - Houses young players and prospects for the NFL

CFL - Rejects from the NFL and it's Euro league.

That doesnt prove that the NHL is closer to the AHL then the NFL is to the CFL.

Keep in mind that the prospects in the AHL are just prospects, they are just young inexperienced players who ONE DAY could be solid pros, the AHL veterens are still better then most young AHL prospects. Only in a few cases are AHL prospects among the best players in the league... The fact that the CFL does not have nfl-prospects on its teams does not affect the quality of CFL teams much.

As for NFL-Europe, it could be argued that the CFL has better talent then that league, but its a matter of opinion. If you ask a football player where he would rather play between Canada and Europe I think I know what the answer would be. NFL-Europe vs CFL is comparable to the AHL vs ECHL (defunct) ... not a big difference.

He [Doug Flutie] was a backup.  A backup on the Chargers, at that.  

Get your facts straight. Doug played 4 years in the NFL before going to the CFL. Over those 4 years, he averaged 4 starts a season. Then, seeing that he wouldn't get a chance to start in the NFL, he decided to move the CFL so he could start.

Then, he returned to the NFL in 1998 with the Buffalo Bills and had good success for two seasons. In 1999, he led the Bills nearly into the Divisional Series, but lost in the so-called "Music City Miracle." He was then ousted by the inferior, but younger Rob Johnson. Flutie moved to San Diego, while Johnson struggled in Buffalo and lost his job.

In San Diego, he started all 16 games his first year, all the while mentoring young Brew Brees, then seen as the future of the team, since Flutie was already in his late 30's. Then they handed the job to Brees, and let Flutie continue to mentor him.

So in conclusion, he was not some backup in the NFL. He was a quality NFL calibre QB who could hurt teams throwing and running.

1 start per season and you say he's not a backup?

Did you even read my post? Over the first 4 years of his NFL career, he started on average 4 games a season.

Then, after returning to the NFL, he spent 2.5/3 seasons as the starter in Buffalo, then started every game his first season in San Diego, before handing the reigns to the then QB of the future, Drew Brees.

Try reading a post before responding to it.

And also, Flutie did not start in Buffalo because the starter was injured. He was brought in to compete for the starting job and won it. Then the idiot coach benched him in favor of Rob Johson. And notice how the team went downhill after doing so.

[Edited on 7-31-04 by Fanpuck33]

And also, Flutie did not start in Buffalo because the starter was injured.  He was brought in to compete for the starting job and won it.  Then the idiot coach benched him in favor of Rob Johson.  And notice how the team went downhill after doing so.  

The 'idiot' Coach still has him on the bench.

Do you know why? Because he sucks.

That's why he wants to go back to the CFL. He didn't make it.

The only CFL player that made it big in the NFL was Warren Moon.

Pay attention to what you type. The idiot coach I referred to was the BUffalo. Flutie hasn't been with Buffalo since 2001. And notice that the coach who benched him was fired soon afterwards.

And even if I were referring to San Dieogo's coach, anybody knows that Flutie stopped starting because the team wanted to start using the then QB of the future, Drew Brees. When Brees faltered, Flutie started again, because he gave the team a better chance of winning. I am getting tired of posting the same information again and again while you ignore the facts.