NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

There's been a trade.

FLYERS SHIP PROSPAL'S RIGHTS BACK TO LIGHTNING - TSN

The Philadelphia Flyers announced Wednesday that they have traded the rights to forward Vaclav Prospal to the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for a seventh round pick in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and a conditional pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.

Has it truly started as Darren Dreger suggests? :popcorn:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet Philly fans aren't happy, all of the ones I talked to liked him and wanted to keep him around. But if he doesn't want to play in Philly, you can't force him. Makes me wonder if he's just going to play out the rest of his career in Tampa because he likes it there or if the Lightning are going to try and compete next season. Philadelphia showed a turnaround doesn't take much anymore.

Nice deal Philly.

You trade Picard and a second rounder in 09' to Tampa for a 7th rounder and Prospal for 2 months.

When did Houle get re-hired?

Well I think they figured on re-signing him before Prospal flaked on them

Yeah, Philly wouldn't have moved him if they knew he might re-sign with them. I think Prospal might be more inclined to returning to T-Bay with Torts not being the head coach as well.

Tampa bay is the only place where Prospal has been any good, except for his last stint in philly.

:lol:

Prospal's rights have now been traded to Nashville for a 7th. Guess TB was unsuccessful...

I can't remember where I heard that deal of Prospal's rights being shipped to Nashville but I suppose it was sportsnet being stupid as usual. He re-signed with the Lightning for 3.5 mill per year over the next 4 years.

I can't remember where I heard that deal of Prospal's rights being shipped to Nashville but I suppose it was sportsnet being stupid as usual. He re-signed with the Lightning for 3.5 mill per year over the next 4 years.

a bit expensive and long but he's a good fit for Tampa.

not a bad place to end your career either.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241520&amp...=headlines_main

Sakic won't make his decision before July 1st.

Please don't pull a Niedermayer Joe, I don't want to hate you. This is huge because our plans for next season fully depend on what Joe decides, Giguere said that in his end of the season conference. No Joe, we rebuild. Joe comes back, we try to win the Cup.

Argh, this ticks me off. I wonder if theres teams dumb enough to try and lure him away. His agent will probably just tell them to piss off though.

Edited by jetsniper

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241520&amp...=headlines_main

Sakic won't make his decision before July 1st.

Please don't pull a Niedermayer Joe, I don't want to hate you. This is huge because our plans for next season fully depend on what Joe decides, Giguere said that in his end of the season conference. No Joe, we rebuild. Joe comes back, we try to win the Cup.

Argh, this ticks me off. I wonder if theres teams dumb enough to try and lure him away. His agent will probably just tell them to piss off though.

the only difference is that Niedermayer is under contract and should he come back Pronger could be dealt.

I really hope that Joe comes back. He's good enough to play top notch hockey and he's a favourite of mine.

PLEASE COME BACK, JOE!!

Yeah, I'm not sure why Joe has to think about it. Maybe is body is getting sore but his play still puts among the top guys in the NHL. If he didn't get injured last season then I'm sure he would've hit at least 90 points last season. And I KNOW he wants to play for Team Canada in 2 years.

He has been spotted working out and training around Denver so that much suggests he'll be back. I'm getting a little worried though.

The Lightning seem to have Lecavalier signed to a 9 year, 77 million dollar deal.

Canucks claim Wellwood.

So the Leafs are starting to play hardball and will apparently tell McCabe to skip training camp if he doesn't waive his no-movement clause. Can't say I blame them.

And Jose Theodore is going to test the market, I'll call it right now....Ray Emery to Colorado. Dead serious. Thats just the way things are between me and the Avs right now.

Edited by jetsniper

Beat you by like, an hour. :lol:

Like I said yesterday, I think. If Theo is being unreasonable then I'll take a chance on Denis. I'd be willing to take a shot with Lalime too. Or if I wanted to be a jerk, sign Leclaire to an offer sheet.

This is basically how our offseason is going to go

#1 - Sakic, Foote and Forsberg won't be back

#2 - Emery/Raycroft will be in for Theodore

#3 - You won't even read "Colorado" on July 1st. So no Redden, Campbell or even Blake.

The last 2 months, this team has done the exact opposite of what I'd like to see and it's getting stupidly frustrating.

Edited by jetsniper

Ok, just a small update

1 - The Avalanche are the only option for Sakic, he won't listen to any other offers. I know this is kind of a "duh" thing but I've seen Sakic mentioned as another C option in Habs Talk. So get your heads out of the clouds

2 - Minnesota has broken off talks with Brian Rolston. I know Stealth keeps mentioning this and then saying it'll never happen but I think Vancouver would be a really good fit for Rolston, Calgary too. Actually I don't see him leaving the NW since he'd look good in an Avs uni too.

3 - Pavel Kubina appears to be another guy on Fletcher's hit list as he's desperately trying to trade him. Same as been mentioned with Bryan McCabe. If either of these guys had cheaper deals, I'd gladly welcome them on the Avalanche blueline.

4 - Ottawa still looks like the front runner for Brian Campbell. Of course they've been the front runner for loads of other people only to see that player sign elsewhere. I hope this time we can actually land the guy we're going after.

5 - Tampa Bay ownership became official at the same time Edmonton's new ownership and are ready and willing to spend, spend, spend. I'd expect Lecavalier and Prospal just to be the beginning.

Vinny already said it but the Canucks claim Wellwood. Good move for the Nucks and a very bad.. thing for the Leafs. Wellwood was one of the few young players in that system who actually had some talent, especially at centre. After Sundin leaves, they have absolutely nothing at centre now.

Vinny already said it but the Canucks claim Wellwood. Good move for the Nucks and a very bad.. thing for the Leafs. Wellwood was one of the few young players in that system who actually had some talent, especially at centre. After Sundin leaves, they have absolutely nothing at centre now.

They want last place next year........This is a good way to get it.

So apparently Giggy offered 3 mil while Theo said no and asked for 4.5 mil to which Giggy said screw off. I'm glad he did too, I wouldn't go higher then 3.5 mil. Theodore is out of his mind if he thinks he deserves more then that.