NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

Leaf sign.. Curtis Joseph. Seems like they're really determined to tank the next season.

I disagree. Joseph can still be a good backup, and a good backup is what they need. That's a good signing.

Which is not to say that they're not tanking...just that this signing can't be seen as proof of it.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Joseph can still be a good backup, and a good backup is what they need. That's a good signing.

Which is not to say that they're not tanking...just that this signing can't be seen as proof of it.

The real question is what does it say about Pogge.

I think the real question is why you guys care so much about the leafs. Sometimes i get on here and the conversation is more about the Leafs then the Habs.

I only care about the leafs 8 times a year when the Habs play them, otherwise, who cares.

I think the real question is why you guys care so much about the leafs. Sometimes i get on here and the conversation is more about the Leafs then the Habs.

I only care about the leafs 8 times a year when the Habs play them, otherwise, who cares.

Well the new number is 6.

We care about the Leafs because he hate them.

Woops, Dupuis contract is not worth 4.2M per year, but 4.2M TOTAL, so 1.4M per season. Big difference they're. My bad :blush:

"Sources tell TSN as many as four teams have table offers for the 37 year old, including one undisclosed team who has offered a whopping 10 million per year on a multi-year contract."

Who is offering that? Atlanta?

I hate this dumb crap. I hope Sundin stays wise and not run for the money.

"Sources tell TSN as many as four teams have table offers for the 37 year old, including one undisclosed team who has offered a whopping 10 million per year on a multi-year contract."

Who is offering that? Atlanta?

I hate this dumb crap. I hope Sundin stays wise and not run for the money.

10 million is BS... I don't believe it for a second.

Brunnette goes to the Wild, multi-year

TSN is reporting that Theodore has signed a two year deal in Washington. Looks like Huet will be on the move once again... I wonder if he could switch places with Theo in Colorado.

TSN is reporting that Theodore has signed a two year deal in Washington. Looks like Huet will be on the move once again... I wonder if he could switch places with Theo in Colorado.

I hope so.

Theodore was looking for 5 mil or more, I hope Washington wasn't that stupid.

Huet was asking for $5x5yrs

WHAT?!?!?

No WONDER they passed.

I wonder if Gainey had a sense that Huet's demands were going to be ludicrous? That might be one additional reason for unloading him.

Huet was asking for $5x5yrs

I heard, I'm hoping we can get him to agree to come down since he's not worth 5 mil either. I might be willing to do 4 but would just prefer the 3 mil we offered to Theo.

I'm glad Theo is gone, the fact he couldn't settle with us says loads about him. We put up with his bull for 2 years, give him opportunity after opportunity, decided to not buy him out last year even though we easily could've and how did he repay us?

He didn't.

I'm a Budaj guy anyway.

Raycroft to the Avalanche :puke:

Only a 1 year deal.

He was another guy I was starting to consider the past couple of days, I like it. It's not like Toronto's D is fantastic anyway, ours is much better by comparison. Plus Budaj is probably the #1 guy, Rayzor will just backup.

And now I've got an Av on my team in HWL!