NHL UFA/Trades thread - July 1st

The Kings have plenty of D and just traded Cammalleri - there'd be little point to this trade as Gerber is no more of a legitimate #1 than any of the other guys they've been trying out there.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn Murrays is available if you need him. Hey !! Maybe Tampa could use another washed up winger !!

MAKs prediction: Pittsburgh.

Why would we need Glen Murray? We just managed to avoid arbitration with Svatos. If/When Sakic comes back, we're going to have too many offensive forwards so Arnason is going to have to play on the 3rd line again which he is terribly suited for.

Ouf Bouwmeester avoids arbitration by signing with florida for 4.9 Million for 1 Year, hmm i would've taken arbitration since he would've made way more than right now.. as reported by the Miami Herald hehe :D

Miami Herald Link

Actually they reportedly offered him a long term deal worth about 6 mil a year which he turned down. Theres plenty of trade rumors surrounding J-Bo and it looks like he'll definitely be traded sometime this season, especially after only signing a 1 year deal.

Actually they reportedly offered him a long term deal worth about 6 mil a year which he turned down. Theres plenty of trade rumors surrounding J-Bo and it looks like he'll definitely be traded sometime this season, especially after only signing a 1 year deal.

True i agree, i read that he wants to stay short term to see if the team improves and he'll take it from there?

True i agree, i read that he wants to stay short term to see if the team improves and he'll take it from there?

bouwmeester wants out of florida. by accepting a one year contract it allows him to become UFA next summer.

bouwmeester wants out of florida. by accepting a one year contract it allows him to become UFA next summer.

Yep.

A lot of people are expecting him to be dealt before the season even starts too. He most likely comes to the West.

Wait a min... the Sens are having $ problems, yet they are rumored to want a goalie that makes $6mil?

That doesnt make an ounce of sense.

LA trading Kopitar doesnt make sense either.

I say these rumors are BS.

Wait a min... the Sens are having $ problems, yet they are rumored to want a goalie that makes $6mil?

That doesnt make an ounce of sense.

LA trading Kopitar doesnt make sense either.

I say these rumors are BS.

these rumors are started by Garrioch the king of starting false rumors( I suspect him being eklund!!)

should khabibulin end up in ott, gerber would have to go the other way.

Kopitar wont go anywhere. he has superstar potential. do you think that the kings would trade him ??

these rumors are started by Garrioch the king of starting false rumors( I suspect him being eklund!!)

should khabibulin end up in ott, gerber would have to go the other way.

Kopitar wont go anywhere. he has superstar potential. do you think that the kings would trade him ??

I am amazed that anybody pastes any rumour from Garrioch or Eklund.

Garrioch just makes shit up that he thinks will fit in his mind. The Kopitar rumour is so ridiculous it isn't even worth mentioning.

The Kings are going to give up Kopitar and receive Meszeros and Gerber? Come on.

Yeah the Habs are going to trade Carey Price for Tim Thomas and Dennis Wideman

Valtteri Filppula re-signs in Detroit for 5 years $15M.

He is now paid more then Zetterberg :puke:

until Zet gets his share next year.

Valtteri Filppula re-signs in Detroit for 5 years $15M.

He is now paid more then Zetterberg :puke:

I think this leaves $0.6 million in cap space for the Wings. Someone's gotta be headed out.

THE SPORTING NEWS (VIA KUKLA'S KORNER): Craig Custanced reports LA Kings GM Dean Lombardi has given fair warning to rival GMs thinking of signing away Anze Kopitar or Jack Johnson next summer with offer sheets."We're not only going to match any offer sheet, we'll have enough space to go after your guys. Go ahead and make our day. If you sign our guy, we're coming back with both barrels firing. You'd better be damn straight that you have the cap space and all your guys are signed."

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Tough talk from Lombardi, but as we saw last summer when Ducks GM Brian Burke tried to subtly scare away potential suitors for Dustin Penner, tough talk ain't enough. The best way for the Kings to prevent those two getting offer sheets would be to re-sign them between now and June 30th, 2009.

:lol: hahahahahahaha!!!!! Both barrels loaded........what a dumb a$$. Now why would he go and bring all the attention to the situation a year in advance. I bet I know exactly what's going to happen. Spector has it best by saying sign them now and don't worry about it .....MORON!

THE SPORTING NEWS (VIA KUKLA'S KORNER): Craig Custanced reports LA Kings GM Dean Lombardi has given fair warning to rival GMs thinking of signing away Anze Kopitar or Jack Johnson next summer with offer sheets."We're not only going to match any offer sheet, we'll have enough space to go after your guys. Go ahead and make our day. If you sign our guy, we're coming back with both barrels firing. You'd better be damn straight that you have the cap space and all your guys are signed."

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Tough talk from Lombardi, but as we saw last summer when Ducks GM Brian Burke tried to subtly scare away potential suitors for Dustin Penner, tough talk ain't enough. The best way for the Kings to prevent those two getting offer sheets would be to re-sign them between now and June 30th, 2009.

:lol: hahahahahahaha!!!!! Both barrels loaded........what a dumb a$$. Now why would he go and bring all the attention to the situation a year in advance. I bet I know exactly what's going to happen. Spector has it best by saying sign them now and don't worry about it .....MORON!

LMAO! someone obviously didn't think before opening his mouth :lol: