Jokinen to Phoenix

For Ballard, Boynton and the 49th overall pick.

I know Ballard is highly touted, but this to me looks like still more abject idiocy from Florida. That's a crap return for one of the best C in the game.

I assume the "equivalent" players from Montreal wouldn't have been to Bob's taste.

Wow, I think Phoenix fleeced them. No way that Ballard is better than Komisarek.

I guess Martin really wanted to pick up defensemen, I have to think other teams would have offered more picks at least.

Ballard is an awesome dman. Florida's got a real keeper in him, no doubts about it. Boynton is still a solid guy himself and will do wonders in shoring up the Panthers blueline. Also I think the pick they got was used(moved up 3 spots from 49 to 46th i believe) to nab Colby Robak who was a projected 1st rounder so I think they made out reasonably well.

Boynton was waived early last season with no takers. I know he used to be quite decent with the Bruins, but he's hardly what he used to be as a player.

Ballard, yeah all I hear is that he's quite good, but I'd like to think that Jokinen is one of the better centres out there in this league and would fetch some more than that.

A team really shouldn't lose their captain and top offensive player for that kind of a return, that's all.

Although what I read is that the Canucks eyed Jokinen, but Gillis publicly said he backed off due to "character issues". Perhaps there's something about Jokinen we all don't know.