-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

Metalli-who?

werent those guys lost in the bermuda triangle back in 1990? the only living member "Jason Newsted" was found and rescued on distant island around 3 or 4 years ago.... the whereabouts of the others is still a mistery!

yeah they've dissapered since and justice for all...

No, they appeared out from under a rock one day to terrorize music downloaders. Their ultimate vengeance on us poor piraters came in the form of a nasty little round thing called "St.Anger".

It truly was a dreadful moment in history, not many people like to bring it up anymore. Similar to Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter series. The CD Which Must Not Be Named.

No, they appeared out from under a rock one day to terrorize music downloaders. Their ultimate vengeance on us poor piraters came in the form of a nasty little round thing called "St.Anger".

It truly was a dreadful moment in history, not many people like to bring it up anymore. Similar to Lord Voldemort in the Harry Potter series. The CD Which Must Not Be Named.

but you kinda have to agree with what they were saying...metallica ok...but how about the new bands that dont have 10 or more albums...they struggle to make money and we the pirates...or whatever take a peice of they're pay by illegale downloading...same for dvds...thats why i buy most of the things...cause they get no money..they wont be able to continue

I can understand that but it was the wrong people to start getting pissy about. Maybe if one of the actual artists being affected got a group together to stop it (I think some actually did) but when you've got Metallica, multi-millionaires, bitching about losing their money, it doesn't really look all that credible.

Nowadays, I just buy CDs from the people I truly find deserving of my money. No more buying a CD because it has one song I like. Thats how I got stuck with crap like Good Charlotte. Movies I don't really download, unless I absolutely HAVE to see it and I'm totally broke. Which isn't often.

Does anyone have Itunes, just 2 days ago Metallica was there. They are now on Itunes. The only song I bought was Enter the sandman, thats my fav song by them.

Well, I just got my Martin Denny CD. Kind of strange but it only took two listens to begin to appreciate it.

Extraordinary 1950's lounge music. A five man jazz band doing some 'exotic' stuff with animal and bird calls thrown in.

If you want an idea, try and get a hold of 'Quiet Village' by Denny on LimeWire or something like that. It's worth the while and, give it a few listens to appreciate the musicianship involved. Very well constructed piece.

d4841995n9d.jpg

GO :hlogo: GO!

Edited by shortcat1

Does anyone have Itunes, just 2 days ago Metallica was there. They are now on Itunes. The only song I bought was Enter the sandman, thats my fav song by them.

Being a Mac user, iTunes in one of the programs I use the most. But despite me being a Metallica fan, I have not intention of buying Metallica songs through iTunes. In fact, I read somewhere that because no agreement had been made with the company that distributes Metallica in Europe, Europeans are not able to buy Metallica songs via the iTunes Store. :wacko:

The reason why I won't buy any though, even if I could, is because I have most of their albums anyway. :)

Being a Mac user, iTunes in one of the programs I use the most. But despite me being a Metallica fan, I have not intention of buying Metallica songs through iTunes. In fact, I read somewhere that because no agreement had been made with the company that distributes Metallica in Europe, Europeans are not able to buy Metallica songs via the iTunes Store. :wacko:

The reason why I won't buy any though, even if I could, is because I have most of their albums anyway. :)

iTunes is my default music player. As to Metallica... not interested.

GO :hlogo: GO!

With LOVE, Cirque du Soleil celebrates the musical legacy of The Beatles

Born from a personal friendship and mutual admiration between the late George Harrison and Cirque founder Guy Laliberté, LOVE brings the magic of Cirque du Soleil together with the spirit and passion behind the most beloved rock group of all time to create a vivid, intimate and powerful entertainment experience.

LOVE evokes the exuberant and irreverent spirit of The Beatles, as interpreted through the youthful, urban energy of a cast of 60 international artists. Using the master tapes at Abbey Road studios, Sir George Martin and Giles Martin have created a unique soundscape of The Beatles music for LOVE. The custom-built theatre at The Mirage features 360° seating, panoramic video projections and surround sound which will envelop the audience, who will experience The Beatles music like never before...

8089a.jpg

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Wow!

Has anyone else seen the Johnny Cash music video cover of Hurt?

isn't that the nine inch nail song ??

I remember seeing a clip of a cover song(just not sure of the original band) he made..it was great !!!

isn't that the nine inch nail song ??

I remember seeing a clip of a cover song(just not sure of the original band) he made..it was great !!!

Yeah, its a cover of the NiN song. Came out a few years ago, 2004 I believe.