-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

Originally posted by Trizzak

A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras (Acoustic)

A Perfect Circle is awesome! I love their stuff. Especially their album "Mer De Noms".

They are 2nd in my top 3 Rock list

1.) Muse

2.) Perfect Circle

3.) Our Lady Peace (Canadian :can: )

On the softer side of things, anyone here know Dispatch? My all-time favourite band.

[Edited on 2005/4/12 by TheAussiePosse]

Neil Young:

- Pocahontas

- From Hank to Hendrix

- Long May You Run

- Cortez The Killer

- Harvest

- Harvest Moon

- Heart Of Gold

- Horse With No Name

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

A Perfect Circle is awesome!  I love their stuff.  Especially their album "Mer De Noms".

Mer De Noms is absolutely incredible for a first release. No song is a throwaway tune (except perhaps Renholder.)

I liked Thirteenth Step too. It was more of a flowing album than MDN, which was pretty much an album of singles.

eMOTIVE wasn't as good, but what hey, whatever.

I haven't heard of Dispatch though. I'll look around for some tracks to listen to.

Originally posted by Macaskill

Dream Theater  :/)

Good man! John Petrucci is my hero.

Have you heard of Liquid Tension Experiment?

It's Petrucci, Mike Portney, Jordan Rudess and Tony Levin (from Kind Crimson) with all instrumental songs. Very rockin.

Just listening to Beck's Guero album. Anyone a fan of his?

I have a list of bands that I should get into more, and Beck has always been someone that has never disappointed me with what I've heard.

• 3 weeks later...

On the softer side of things, anyone here know Dispatch? My all-time favourite band.

I just downloaded "The General" and "Open Up"

They remind me of Sublime. :-^

If you happen to mosey on into this thread again, suggest to me some Dispatch tracks you think I should hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Billy Corgan has a solo album coming out. I've heard two tracks. "A100" has a bit of a Nine Inch Nails influence, while "Walking Shade" is complete Smashing Pumpkins.

Good stuff, I hope to see him in Toronto in July

The new coldplay cd has leaked. I'm downloading it right now (and get my real cd friday when it comes out)

The songs i heared so far are great!!

http://www.torrentspy.com/search.asp?query=coldplay

for your torrent.

I'm gonna see them live in July, for the second time!

*it apears that the versions are nuked, dunno what it is, but not every song seems to be completely good. I can hold it till friday with this version :D

[Edited on 2005/6/1 by Dutch_Habs_Fan]

I just downloaded "The General" and "Open Up"

They remind me of Sublime. :-^

If you happen to mosey on into this thread again, suggest to me some Dispatch tracks you think I should hear.

haha, i wander on almost a month later. sorry about that.

i should have mentioned, every single song of theirs is free online (can't download it, i've tried, unless you want to mic up your speakers). http://www.dispatchmusic.com/site/index.html

they have all 6 of their albums there, dating back to the days they began sharing their music through Napster. to choose the different albums, there are 6 boxes in the top left corner. each one corresponds with a different album.

Best songs on each album (IMO) is:

Silent Steeples: Elias (and Hey Hey)

Bang Bang: Bang Bang (and Mission)

Four Day Trials: Headlights

Who Are We Living For?: Time Served (and Prince of Spades)

Gut The Van: Even (and Here we Go)

Under The Radar: One Truth (and Gasoline Dreams)

some CDs are better than others (my favourites are Bang Bang, Who are we living for and Gut the Van). hope you enjoy

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

I just bought the album, and it's Brilliant!! So damn good, i can't wait till the concert!

When's their Europe tour?

I think it already started,they did some smaller shows. But Are touring through europe atm. Beginning of July the will be in Holland.....

• 4 weeks later...

Comfortably Numb- Pink Floyd

Anyone watch the Pink Floyd reunion at Live 8 in London? I thought they sounded pretty good all things considered. The Who performed right before them and they were also great. What a lineup Live 8 London had!

Damn, i was camping and missed the Live 8 reunion of Pink Floyd. That would have kicked butt for sure. Anyone know if there will be a replay?