-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

Red Rocks greatest north american outdoor venue, period.

Red Rocks is awesome, I've been to quite a few shows there. You can even "hike the hill" behind, and still hear the music quiet decently, for free. And from the view that PTG posted, you can see the Denver skyline at night (or on a clear day when the smog hasn't overtaken the valley).

in the jukebox today: children of bodom.

took a guess on them , didn't know them that much. so far I'm glad I bought it !!

He's from Holland - are you really asking that question?

And yes, everyone here in Australia can play the didgeridoo.

Haha yeah, and it was in Germany :D

ah well just across the border, most of the people were dutch. It was fun, but a bit all of the same. Some acts from the happy hardcore generation.

Now i feel ######ed up cuz i only slept 3 hours and its to light in my house, bad curtains!

Haha yeah, and it was in Germany :D

ah well just across the border, most of the people were dutch. It was fun, but a bit all of the same. Some acts from the happy hardcore generation.

Now i feel ######ed up cuz i only slept 3 hours and its to light in my house, bad curtains!

^_^

dang you know how jealous you're making non europeans. "it was just across in Germany" lmao.

I dont think i make to many people jealous over here on this board, except you. With your "heritage" ;)

Yeah its always fun to go out in germany, there Disco's are very nice. Clean/big and very good organised!!

Damn all of a sudden i get a flashback from last night, about to very hot girls kissing right in front of me when we were talking to them. Damn thats weird, hahah :D

In todays jukebox:

Elvis Presley, Suspicious Minds

A great track. He had a number of good recordings in his later years, which are often overlooked because it was also the "fat Elvis" period, or because he happened to be on drugs. Among them: In the Ghetto (good call PTG), Kentucky Rain, Burning Love, Just Pretend, Way Down, Polk Salad Annie, etc.

Ignore the hype from his overzealous fans, and the tackiness of his posthumous tourist industry and his own taste in clothes, and you're left with one of the best singers and interpreters of songs the world has ever known.

yeah and the big shame about his music career. His idiot manager saying 'forget music go to films'. Such a travesty. Plus since his manager wasn't allowed to leave the country because I believe he was a criminal. He never toured Europe.

But when you think about his career choices, he wasted a lot of potential and a lot of years focusing on silly stupid adventures.

yeah and the big shame about his music career. His idiot manager saying 'forget music go to films'. Such a travesty. Plus since his manager wasn't allowed to leave the country because I believe he was a criminal. He never toured Europe.

But when you think about his career choices, he wasted a lot of potential and a lot of years focusing on silly stupid adventures.

Absolutely... although I believe he didn't tour because Col. Parker was a Dutch citizen and wasn't legally in the U.S., so he couldn't get a passport - or some such story. But definitely, he was grossly mismanaged. Elvis sang 'My Way', but it was really Col. Parker's way.

yeah he was way too loyal to that idiot Col.

The Beatles were originally managed that way. They all had big hair and looked like guys on Easy Rider when they were in Hamburg and then they got an image conscience manager who made their image with the suits and cut hair.

But such a waste if you look at his potential he could of had if not for stupid stupid stupid decisions.

they've got a political bias they've outed themselves as republicans.

:rolleyes: Yeah, they really pander to conservative viewers. I bet conservatives love to see Jesus made fun of and beat up by Satan. I bet conservatives love what's his name who became a woman. I bet conservatives loved when a statue of Mary bled from the ass. I bet conservatives loved when Jesus took a crap on Bush and the American flag. They dish crap at everybody, the show hardly has a bias or an agenda. Personally, I can't stand the show. Like Family Guy, I think it's funny and smart, but it crosses the line, does a dance on it, takes a crap, and stays on the other side of the line.

P.S. Parker is a Libertarian, and the two list Norman Lear as one of their heroes, leader of a liberal political group.