-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

I'm just stating the truth it can be applied to any city anywhere. StL and KC for example. If one music group goes to KC they don't go to STL and usually most go to STL because its the bigger of the two.

I guess that's why a lot of tours make stops in Cincy, Columbus, and Cleveland.

well of course the big tours will. I'm talking about the little people. For example Arcade Fire doesn't come here they go to Chicago.

The littler groups follow cd sales. They go where the cd sales are at. For example I think you'll see a huge spanish band or asian band in Peoria. They go to where the people are at.

The guys I work for draw an older crowd, we did the Pagent 3 years back and a park down town, with ribs involved, 2 years ago, not sure why we haven't been back. April Wine, always were big there.... Classic rock revival over there?

Hmm I've heard the name on the radio before. I dunno if it is it would be on KSHE 95. But that station is a shell of its former self. Or khits would also but that station is really really strange. They play classic rock but they have a rule where the same song can't be played for over 2 weeks. bizarre.

yeah you'd be on Khits

Edited by Pierre the Great

Hmm I've heard the name on the radio before. I dunno if it is it would be on KSHE 95. But that station is a shell of its former self. Or khits would also but that station is really really strange. They play classic rock but they have a rule where the same song can't be played for over 2 weeks. bizarre.

yeah you'd be on Khits

That sounds right. I like the idea of that format over what we seem to have here in Halifax, that being the same classics ever other day. Problem for a band like mine is that it tends to limit the songs played in a market to one or two out of a 38 year carreer. You probably get Roller, and maybe Just Between You and Me or Could Have Been a Lady. The last one is there first Billboard an US hit way back in '71 I believe. Also think it first broke in St Loius.

lol the singer looks stoned out of his mind, and i bet the guitar player wasent the most popular with the ladies lol

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

Well the weirdest thing is, the Monkees are the first boyband that was put together by a manager. It was actually first a tv show...

They used to show that on Muchmusic back in the day, I watched it all the time.

The Monkees rule.

That sounds right. I like the idea of that format over what we seem to have here in Halifax, that being the same classics ever other day. Problem for a band like mine is that it tends to limit the songs played in a market to one or two out of a 38 year carreer. You probably get Roller, and maybe Just Between You and Me or Could Have Been a Lady. The last one is there first Billboard an US hit way back in '71 I believe. Also think it first broke in St Loius.

yeah i do not understand commercial radio. You label yourself a 'classic rock' station but yet you won't play band that were popular in that format 70's and 80's new music.

Like for example U2. Nothing is played past JT on the 'classic rock' stations. WHY?

Granted they don't really need it but think about th dylans, springsteens, or any artist from that era and you don't play it. Stations that are for reminiscing and you don't play the artists new stuff. The other radio stations aren't going to play it. So the artists lose exposure and a new fan base.

Except College Radio. Those artists that should be on the classic hits stations, new stuff is on college radio stations. Then the industry wonders how a Johnny Cash back in the early 90's can be so popular with college kids when his new stuff was black listed from the country radio stations? lol

Same goes for dylan and springsteen, McCartney and so on. You won't here any of their new stuff on any station other then the college ones.

Just listening to a lot of Enter Shikari right now.

LADY'S AND GENTLEMAN, SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION FOR JONNY SNIPER!!!

hahah i'm addicted to that song, great album to.

They played the Lowlands festival last weekend and rocked like hell, it must have been great. They received a 9 for the concert....

Blues Project - Flute Thing

Some of you may recognize this as the Beastie Boys sampled the song on their Ill Communications album. Some of you old timers might recognize the original. :ninja:

;)