-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

• 4 weeks later...
I'd go but i don't have any money.

How can they be in two different places on the other side in the country on the same day?

Two different touring groups, obviously. Tons of musicians and singers contribute on their albums, so it's easier to hire a few extra people every year for two tours rather than trying to fit everyone in one tour.

Soulja Boy Up In This Hoe
Watch Me Crank It
Watch Me Roll
Watch Me Crank Dat Soulja Boy
den Super Man Dat Hoe
Now watch me Yuaaaaaaaa
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now watch meYuaaaaaaaa
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now watch me Yuaaaaaaaa
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)
Now watch me Yuaaaaaaaa
(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Soulja Boy Up In This Hoe

Watch Me Crank It

Watch Me Roll

Watch Me Crank Dat Soulja Boy

den Super Man Dat Hoe

Now watch me Yuaaaaaaaa

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Now watch meYuaaaaaaaa

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Now watch me Yuaaaaaaaa

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

Now watch me Yuaaaaaaaa

(Crank Dat Soulja Boy)

No

Lars Winnerbäck, Västeråshallen November 20th, 2007

The opening act was OK, but it was a damn ######ing country band, which is not my cup o'tea.

Winnerbäck himself put on a good show. There were a lot of songs I didn't recognize, probably from his two most recent albums (one of which is a very recent release). A couple of the older songs that I recognized were performed differently than they are on the albums; in some cases it worked, in others it didn't work that well.

The concert venue could not have been any less charming. Västeråshallen is one of those places that are built to house both music concerts and sports events and naturally functions poorly for both. It sucks to watch sports there (which is what I have seen the most in the past, mostly lots and lots of floorball) and it sucks to attend concerts there. It's the antithesis of Dalhalla. Our seats were'nt the best but stilll decent. The actual seats are about as comfortable as the electric chair or the iron maiden. The sound was unusually good though.

I was both shocked and saddened to find out that Winnerbäck apparently has tons of fans who are teenage girls. I hate teenage girls who swoon and pass out when their heart's desire walks onto the stage. There were a lot of high pitch screams at the start and end of every song and every even remotely romantic line. If I didn't know I woulda thought I'd gone throuhg a time portal and had gone to see the ######ing Beatles play. :P

All in all I am very pleased though. I started listening to this guy a long time ago, I think his first album is from like 1996, I probably discovered him in 1997 and this is the first time I've seen him live, so it's been a long time coming. Winnerbäck fits in the singer/songwriter category.

It was a very nice evening. B)

three songs that deal with relationships by Franz Ferdinand (one is a just a single but to me they're like a trilogy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bSvldTj3vA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLoACYbgSkM (its the same video as the first one, just with a different song, somebody randomly did this, i think they got the symbolism)

three songs that deal with relationships by Franz Ferdinand (one is a just a single but to me they're like a trilogy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bSvldTj3vA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLoACYbgSkM (its the same video as the first one, just with a different song, somebody randomly did this, i think they got the symbolism)

Great band. I knew the last two but had never heard L. Wells before. I liked their first CD a lot more though.

the latest Queens of the Stoneage song owns it all, what a great song!

Qotsa - Make It Wit chu

Great song. Thanks for the link.